Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SIs 3 round mock

It does having us trading down to 21st and picking up 53rd.

R1 Patrick Queen LB LSU
    R2 Jalen Reagor WR TCU
    R2 Lucas Taig OT TCU
    R3 Raekwon Davis DL Alabama
    R3 James Lynch DL Baylor
    R3 Darnay Holmes CB UCLA

Sign me up!

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/02/nf...as-henry-ruggs

I would be ok with this but I really don't see us trading down. We just simply don't have the roster space for extra picks. We definitely could trade up and give away extra picks in later rounds but imo, we are more likely to trade up than down

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I would be ok with this but I really don't see us trading down. We just simply don't have the roster space for extra picks. We definitely could trade up and give away extra picks in later rounds but imo, we are more likely to trade up than down
    You have a much higher perception of the quality of our roster than I do. I think we have open roster spots in many areas. IMO our team wasnt very good or deep last year.

Jv….I like trading back, and then converting the currency into a move up wherever needed, to get yet another quality player. In this example, 2 2nds and 3 3rds plus all our other picks would be plenty of ammunition to move up with, at least once. It gives you significant leverage not to have to wait in those early rounds, when the talent is really good. And the reason I like this so much this year is that one of our needs is a WR, and there are so many of them that will be available in rounds one and two, maybe three. So even though it may be a need, there is absolutely no rush to select one...they are that good.

SO if we do not covet one of the top 3 WRs, we can wait, while loading up on other BPAs in positions of need in the early rounds. The potential for multiple starters, maybe even up to 4, is realistic.

That's the beauty of moving back this year. The added currency acquired, which can used in multiple ways, coupled with the large pool of quality WRs....a position of need.

I always seem to want to trade down, so I like that strategy ... but this season might be the one to use some picks for higher picks and maybe better players. Because we do already have 79(?) players and 9(?) draft picks now. That means we only have room for ~2 players to stay within the 90 player limit in camp. Trading a couple of picks to add a 2nd round - for instance - wouldn't hurt the Broncos draft/udfa if they are able to jump on a player they may covet, and at a position need, that won't make it to the 3rd round.

I like it

Ten caricatures.

Love the trade down and would be happy with this haul.

I really don't see Denver 4 of their first 6 picks on defense. Particularly back to back DL. I think an LB in round 1 is possible (especially if they trade down) but I think they're going to try and add some punch to the O. I think a Center will come in those first 3 rounds.

Another option for trading down is building draft capital for next year. Considering current circumstances it may be wiser to build draft capital for next season more than in "normal" years.

No thanks.........Reagor drops balls, we do not need a double dip @ DL and there is no C being addressed. Hard pass. On top of that, passing on Ruggs would be a HUGE mistake.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/3/...ghts-strengths

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Another option for trading down is building draft capital for next year. Considering current circumstances it may be wiser to build draft capital for next season more than in "normal" years.
    Quoting myself here...I understand that trading assets this year for value next year is boring and not a good topic for conversation, but it could also be an extremely valuable strategy this year. Even if we assume we'll play a full season, which isn't certain, it seems very likely OTAs will be impacted. This will hurt rookies more than vets and expecting rookies to make a big contribution this season may be a bit over-optimistic.

There's also factors like not being able to evaluate players' health or have interviews making drafting a little more uncertain this year than others.

I'm sure one of the pickers of nits will find something to disagree with, so here's a disclaimer: This doesn't mean to trade all picks this year for next. My post means that picks this year have a lot more issues than picks next year will (probably) have and that we should be a little more open to trading for capital next year.

This is the value of stability in the front office and a reason why I backed keeping Elway when many others here didn't want to. A secure GM can make decisions based on value instead of having to win now to keep their job.

I like the idea of having 2 second round picks. May not pick those players but not sure who was available.

My gut feeling tells me Denver is going to trade back and get Kenneth Murray. Very smart ILB that can go sideline to sideline. Vic system isnt easy to learn and Vic loves his smart athletic LB. I see Denver then moving back in to grab a WR like Mims or the guy from Colorado. I got a feeling this is going to be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    My gut feeling tells me Denver is going to trade back and get Kenneth Murray. Very smart ILB that can go sideline to sideline. Vic system isn’t easy to learn and Vic loves his smart athletic LB. I see Denver then moving back in to grab a WR like Mims or the guy from Colorado. I got a feeling this is going to be it.
    Ideally we get Simmons and one of the usual top 3 WR suspects. IDEALLY!!!

But if we trade back, and land one of the next best ILBs and one of the next best WRs, I think that's as good as it gets, given we will have lots of other quality picks remaining.

Not necessarily. I mean we could trade back and pick up two or three instant starters.

If we traded down from 15 to the 20s we could pick up somebody like Denzel Mims or Laviska Shenault (late first) and a couple more starters like Tyler Biadasz and Trevon Diggs in the second depending on who wed trade with.

Im not saying I want this to happen Im just throwing the scenario out there. But we already have so many later draft picks and with only so many roster spots to go around.

So they could burn/trade some of those later picks for another second in an attempt for more quality starters.