Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Just saw on the news that the WHO says they are monitoring 91 people who had the virus and were being prepped for discharge and then they tested positive for it a second time. This is why we need to be careful about prematurely easing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Just saw on the news that the WHO says they are monitoring 91 people who had the virus and were being prepped for discharge and then they tested positive for it a second time. This is why we need to be careful about prematurely easing up.
    There is a thread for Coronavirus:

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...85#post5880685

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    This is relevant to The NFL (and all other sports)....the topic of this thread.

Failure to understand the depth of this virus could lead to unknown issues, and certainly push back a season for months...perhaps longer. I stay confident. I believe sports can start up, in some cases, within months. The NFL might have to wait, maybe shorten the schedule to 12 games (or whatever), and almost definitely, go for a number of games minus fans in the stands. That's a small price if you ask me.

Here's the deal....jocks have to think like being kids again, when you played most sports minus fans. One little difference, we did not get paid multi millions, especially when others may not be so lucky. They'll be fine! And so will we, because I want to turn on my set and watch NFL. I don't need fans in the stands to tell me what is happening. Sure it's cool, but small sacrifice.

I have a hunch that The NFL is trying to be as proactive as can be expected, and will have plans ready as soon as there's a green light. And some aspect will be the most accurate testing of all those going on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This is relevant to The NFL (and all other sports)....the topic of this thread.

Failure to understand the depth of this virus could lead to unknown issues, and certainly push back a season for months...perhaps longer. I stay confident. I believe sports can start up, in some cases, within months. The NFL might have to wait, maybe shorten the schedule to 12 games (or whatever), and almost definitely, go for a number of games minus fans in the stands. That's a small price if you ask me.

Here's the deal....jocks have to think like being kids again, when you played most sports minus fans. One little difference, we did not get paid multi millions, especially when others may not be so lucky. They'll be fine! And so will we, because I want to turn on my set and watch NFL. I don't need fans in the stands to tell me what is happening. Sure it's cool, but small sacrifice.

I have a hunch that The NFL is trying to be as proactive as can be expected, and will have plans ready as soon as there's a green light. And some aspect will be the most accurate testing of all those going on the field.
    This leads to what I think could be a valid transition topic on this thread?

Are all of us fully devoted to a season with no fans? I donít know that I am. I mean I would obviously watch the Broncos games. But what else? I usually watch 2-3 other games a week afire from the Broncos. But I donít think I could watch any other games devoid of fans. Whatís the point? The sport is entertainment for the fans. Sure there is some entertainment factor from home. But there is so much emotion to games provided by the fans in attendance.

I donít know that Iím that interested in a season without fans versus just skipping one season.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post

Are all of us fully devoted to a season with no fans? I donít know that I am. I mean I would obviously watch the Broncos games. But what else? I usually watch 2-3 other games a week afire from the Broncos. But I donít think I could watch any other games devoid of fans. Whatís the point? The sport is entertainment for the fans. Sure there is some entertainment factor from home. But there is so much emotion to games provided by the fans in attendance.

I donít know that Iím that interested in a season without fans versus just skipping one season.
    Interesting transition possibility!

But I will assume it's all part of this thread, so lets continue. DB, I would much, much rather have The NFL with no fans than no NFL....ANY DAY!! For me it's not even in question. I want to look forward to real live sports. I want to waste endless amounts of time watching real games, high-lites, reading columns, studying stats, and doing all the things that come with sports. I want to play fantasy football. I want to stop looking for shows to watch!

I know golf is much different, but have you ever watched the pros play? My buds and I went to a local tournament when the best female golfers showed up here. The best! Few notables were missing. Anyway...sometimes we would be at a hole, and golfers would do their thing, pick it up and walk to the next hole, with almost no fanfare. This was pre weekend, but still. Pro athletes can adjust, and will want to, because they want to play and get paid.

And as a fan, I want to watch them, with or without fans in the stands.

Haha....maybe stadiums will use soundtracks to mimic fans in the stands!! Hey, they do it for comedies. I'm down for almost anything right about now.

Interesting transition possibility!

But I will assume it's all part of this thread, so lets continue. DB, I would much, much rather have The NFL with no fans than no NFL....ANY DAY!! For me it's not even in question. I want to look forward to real live sports. I want to waste endless amounts of time watching real games, high-lites, reading columns, studying stats, and doing all the things that come with sports. I want to play fantasy football. I want to stop looking for shows to watch!

I know golf is much different, but have you ever watched the pros play? My buds and I went to a local tournament when the best female golfers showed up here. The best! Few notables were missing. Anyway...sometimes we would be at a hole, and golfers would do their thing, pick it up and walk to the next hole, with almost no fanfare. This was pre weekend, but still. Pro athletes can adjust, and will want to, because they want to play and get paid.

And as a fan, I want to watch them, with or without fans in the stands.

Haha....maybe stadiums will use soundtracks to mimic fans in the stands!! Hey, they do it for comedies. I'm down for almost anything right about now.
    Iím not necessarily talking about Broncos games only Can. But the rest of the league.

How many preseason games do you watch outside of Broncos games? For me itís next to 0. How often can Broncos games feel a little boring by the 4th quarter when the starters are out?

A league without fans is going to feel an awful lot like preseason. You may not realize it yet but the emotion provided by the fans in the stadium is a strong reason why we are so obsessed. It helps create the mood of the game.

Iím not saying we wonít watch. But itís just not going to be the same at all.

Are all of us fully devoted to a season with no fans? I don’t know that I am. I mean I would obviously watch the Broncos games. But what else? I usually watch 2-3 other games a week afire from the Broncos. But I don’t think I could watch any other games devoid of fans. What’s the point? The sport is entertainment for the fans. Sure there is some entertainment factor from home. But there is so much emotion to games provided by the fans in attendance.

I don’t know that I’m that interested in a season without fans versus just skipping one season.
    I stayed up until after 3AM to clean the thread because it had "transitioned". And, no, it was not valid to this thread. It can be valid, of course, if it stays connected to the subject. The deleted posts were not.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I’m not necessarily talking about Broncos games only Can. But the rest of the league.

How many preseason games do you watch outside of Broncos games? For me it’s next to 0. How often can Broncos games feel a little boring by the 4th quarter when the starters are out?

A league without fans is going to feel an awful lot like preseason. You may not realize it yet but the emotion provided by the fans in the stadium is a strong reason why we are so obsessed. It helps create the mood of the game.

I’m not saying we won’t watch. But it’s just not going to be the same at all.
    No no....it's whatever your preference is. For me it will work, though not how I would normally want it.

Zero chance the season is canceled. Maybe a shortened preseason, but the NFL will play and there will be a full season.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
    Zero chance the season is canceled. Maybe a shortened preseason, but the NFL will play and there will be a full season.
    Put in writing! Cuz I want to believe you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
    Put in writing! Cuz I want to believe you!!!
    Didnít he technically put it in writing...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    Didn’t he technically put it in writing...
    Haha....yes he did, but I like to give folks a full understanding of their commitment. I HOPE he's right!!!

I was also hoping his real name was Roger G...

Haha....yes he did, but I like to give folks a full understanding of their commitment. I HOPE he's right!!!

I was also hoping his real name was Roger G...
    Me too, Can! I look forward to the first game back in my seats, whenever that may be...the cheer will be Mile Hi thunderous!!!!

And now this thread is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Thread cleaned.

It's late and I might have missed something or I might have deleted something I shouldn't have. If you have any questions, please PM me.

Want to talk about the coronavirus? There's a thread for that.

Just remember to keep politics out of all forums.
    I guess some people missed this post.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "