Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HD's Full 1st Round Mock Draft

1. Cincinnati Bengals – Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
    The Bengals take the Ohio kid who had one of the best seasons by a QB in college football history. HC Zac Taylor gets his guy to unleash the potential of his offense.

2. Washington Redskins – Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State
    Washington gets the best player in the draft. They now have their franchise cornerstones on both sides of the football.

3. Detroit Lions – Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State
    After trading away Darius Slay, the Lions take a blue-chip CB prospect with outstanding technique and high-character.

4. New York Giants – Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
    GM Dave Gettleman contemplates going OT here, but ultimately gives DC Patrick Graham a do-it-all star in Simmons to bolster their defense.

5. Miami Dolphins – Tu’a Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
    With three picks in the 1st round, GM Chris Grier and HC Brian Flores need to hit it out of the park. What better way to start than to pick the most accurate passer to enter the draft in recent memory?

6. Los Angeles Chargers – Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
    The Philip Rivers era has come to an end. HC Anthony Lynn has been coveting an athletic, mobile QB to take the reigns of the offense. Herbert fits that mold nicely, in addition to his strong arm and durable frame.

7. Carolina Panthers – Javon Kinlaw, DL, South Carolina
    Carolina needs defensive line help badly (they only signed our beloved Zach Kerr during FA). Instead of taking Derrick Brown, they opt for the South Carolina native Kinlaw. Kinlaw is the perfect pick to start off HC Matt Rhule’s regime, with his exceptional character and top-end explosiveness.

8. Arizona Cardinals – Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
    After re-signing D.J. Humphries at LT, Arizona adds a RT in Wirfs to give Kyler Murray more protection up-front. Wirfs has wowed with his athleticism and could develop into one of the best OTs in the NFL.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars – Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
    As another potential landing spot for Derrick Brown, GM Dave Caldwell opts instead for my OT1—Andrew Thomas. QB Gardner Minshew (regarded as somewhat of a mythical figure here in the ‘Ville) takes over as the starter for 2020 and needs better protection on the edge.

10. Cleveland Browns – Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
    New HC Kevin Stefanski is known to use a wide zone scheme which requires athletic offensive linemen with nimble feet. Cleveland finds themselves in prime position to take a mammoth tackle in Becton, who blew folks away at the Combine with his freakish athleticism.

11. New York Jets – Jedrick Wills Jr., OT, Alabama
    What a run on OTs. GM Joe Douglas rubs his hands together Birdman-style as Wills Jr., arguably the best offensive tackle in the draft, falls in his lap at #11. Sam Darnold may see fewer ghosts going forward.

12. Las Vegas Raiders – CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
    With a free choice of any of the top receivers, HC Jon Gruden and GM Mike Mayock surprise some by picking Lamb. The OU star can be a true WR1 for Las Vegas and is a match made in heaven for Gruden with his love for the game.

13. San Francisco 49ers – Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
    HC Kyle Shanahan covets a high-IQ route runner with reliable hands and separation skills. Jeudy has mind-blowing quickness and feet that will make him a Pro Bowl target for Jimmy Garoppolo right away.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Josh Jones, OT, Houston
    After adding Tom Brady, Tampa Bay will be desperate to surround him with the tools necessary to win now. Jones is somewhat of a reach at #14, but the hope is that he can develop into a viable starting RT (or LT—kicking Donovan Smith over to the right).

15. Denver Broncos – Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn
    Brown’s draft day slide ends here. HC Vic Fangio is gifted a wonderful toy from John Elway to use however he wants on his defensive line. Brown is a versatile interior defender who can play either the “Akiem Hicks” or “Eddie Goldman” role in Fangio’s D. Denver gets an extremely-consistent player who can generate pressure and defend the run from the inside. This pick is made with the future in mind as Shelby Harris returns on a one-year deal and another solid run defender is needed aside from Mike Purcell.

16. Atlanta Falcons – C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida
    Atlanta finds themselves in need of a corner after cutting Desmond Trufant. Fortunately for ATL, the best man coverage CB is left on the board in Henderson. HC Dan Quinn gets the most athletic defensive back in the draft to upgrade their secondary.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

17. Dallas Cowboys – K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU
    The second-best edge rusher in this class falls to Dallas, a team looking to add talent on the defensive side of the ball. Randy Gregory is slated for reinstatement and Aldon Smith was signed on a one-year deal—but the Cowboys need someone that can make an impact on the edge immediately. Chaisson has all the tools to succeed and develop in DC Rod Marinell’s system.

18. Miami Dolphins – Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
    Miami snags the best safety in the draft to round out their rich secondary at #18. After picking their franchise QB earlier, HC Brian Flores gets a versatile defensive back in McKinney who fits their defense quite well.

19. Las Vegas Raiders – Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
    As much as I hate to see it, Mayock and Gruden get an A+ for picking Lamb and Fulton with their first two picks. After CHJ rejected their offer, Las Vegas lands a lockdown corner who often shut down the opposing team’s best receiver.

20. Jacksonville Jaguars – Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
    Denver passing up on Ruggs III causes him to slide to Jacksonville at #20. Despite the emergence of D.J. Chark, the Jaguars need a playmaker opposite of him. Ruggs III will fit right in and inject a ton of juice into a lackadaisical offense.

21. Philadelphia Eagles – Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
    DC Jim Schwartz gets the best cover LB in the draft in Queen. If used correctly, Queen could develop into a Pro Bowl LB sooner than later with his excellent instincts and coverage ability.

22. Minnesota Vikings – Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
    Arguably the most polished WR besides Jeudy, Jefferson lands in a good situation in Minnesota. Jefferson is a polished, reliable receiver who should make the loss of Stefon Diggs sting a little less.

23. New England Patriots – Zack Baun, EDGE, Wisconsin
    “In Jarrett Stidham We Trust” seems to be the current movement for New England after 20 years of Tom Brady. Who knows what Belichick will do at #23? Baun is a versatile, athletic edge/LB who can rush the passer, stop the run, and drop back into coverage.

24. New Orleans Saints – Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
    New Orleans needs a playmaking LB with sideline-to-sideline range. Murray’s play reminds me of Mychal Kendricks and Lavonte David. Despite missing out on the hometown favorite Queen, the Saints will be happy to have the disruptive Murray anchoring their defense.

25. Minnesota Vikings – Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU
    HC Mike Zimmer takes Gladney to remedy a secondary that lost Xavier Rhodes, Mackensie Alexander, and Trae Waynes all in one offseason. Gladney is a sticky corner with solid athleticism.

26. Miami Dolphins – Austin Jackson, OT, USC
    The Dolphins get their LT of the future in Jackson, a raw prospect with all the physical tools to develop into a starter for their franchise.

27. Seattle Seahawks – Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
    Seattle needs an edge rusher in the worst way. YGM fits the mold as a classic Seahawks defender with insane length and a good blend of flexibility and strength.

28. Baltimore Ravens – Cesar Ruiz, IOL, Michigan
    The retirement of Marshal Yanda leaves a huge hole on the interior of Baltimore’s offensive line. Despite being a C at Michigan, Ruiz has the athleticism and strength to kick over to guard for the Ravens.

29. Tennessee Titans – A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa
    Are they going to sign Jadeveon Clowney? Who knows? Tennessee needs help at one of their edge-rushing spots and Epenesa fits well opposite of Harold Landry. With Jurrell Casey gone, Epenesa will be counted on to make an impact right away.

30. Green Bay Packers – Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
    GM Brian Gutekunst is looking for a complement to Pro Bowl WR Davante Adams. A big-bodied athlete who can make plays, Mims has the potential to be one of the best receivers to come out of this draft class in five years.

31. San Francisco 49ers – Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
    San Francisco is creating their own version of the “Legion of Boom” by picking Diggs—a long, lanky corner who dominates in press and can succeed in Cover 3 (much like Richard Sherman).

32. Kansas City Chiefs – A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson
    Our Super Bowl-winning rivals shore up their secondary need for a boundary corner with Terrell. He has good instincts and plus athletic tools that will make him a solid corner in the NFL.
    Last edited by HDbroncos02; 04-04-2020 at 09:58 PM.

BONUS: HD's Quick 2020 Mock Draft

1. Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn

2. Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

3. Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia

3. Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State

3. Nick Harris, IOL, Washington

4. Ben Bartch, OT, St. Johns

5. Antoine Brooks Jr., S, Maryland

6. Jon Runyan, OT, Michigan

7. James Proche, WR, SMU

7. Stanford Samuels III, CB, Florida State
    Last edited by HDbroncos02; 04-04-2020 at 10:00 PM.

Good job, I agree with most of it. A few things I disagree with.

1 - I think Arizona grab the best D player on the board, their D is woeful. They could get an OT but they just paid DJ Humphries to be the third highest paid LT in the league to protect the blindside. I think the OL is OK and can be looked at after round 1, Murray was to blame for a lot of the sacks last season.

2 - Way too low for Brown, I would have him ahead of Kinlaw.

3 - Ruggs and Queen won't go that late.

4 - Seattle would be crazy to pass on Ruiz if he falls to them.

5 - I would be surprised if the Jets pass on a WR if they get their choice of all 3, Darnold needs people to throw to and they just lost Robby Anderson, teams are just going to keep stacking the box to shut down Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Good job, I agree with most of it. A few things I disagree with.

1 - I think Arizona grab the best D player on the board, their D is woeful. They could get an OT but they just paid DJ Humphries to be the third highest paid LT in the league to protect the blindside. I think the OL is OK and can be looked at after round 1, Murray was to blame for a lot of the sacks last season.

2 - Way too low for Brown, I would have him ahead of Kinlaw.

3 - Ruggs and Queen won't go that late.

4 - Seattle would be crazy to pass on Ruiz if he falls to them.

5 - I would be surprised if the Jets pass on a WR if they get their choice of all 3, Darnold needs people to throw to and they just lost Robby Anderson, teams are just going to keep stacking the box to shut down Bell.
    Thank you, Bronx. I was definitely inspired by your first round mock so I appreciate your insight and views on how it will shake out.

1. Arizona's defense has been woeful indeed. Maybe they take Derrick Brown or reach for C.J. Henderson? I know you mocked Patrick Queen to them. Opposite of Humphries, the RT position is in shambles. Justin Murray and Marcus Gilbert competing for RT is not something that AZ fans would like to see going into the 2020 season.

2. I have Brown ahead of Kinlaw too. My gut feeling is that a team (like Carolina) would prefer Kinlaw's outright physical tools and explosion over Brown's high floor and every-down consistency. I consider Brown to be the more "boring" DL prospect, perhaps in the same way Jeudy is the "boring" WR out of the top 3.

3. I did not project any trades-- however, I do feel like a team will trade up for Ruggs if we pass on him at #15. I think we disagree on where Queen ends up going, but who knows? I hope a team early on falls in love with his raw athleticism and natural coverage ability.

4. Ruiz to Seattle would not be a bad idea. Their current center Justin Britt is coming back from an ACL tear and has an $11.4M cap hit this season. I think Seattle fans see Britt in the same way that we saw Ron Leary. Expendable. With Clowney uncertain to come back, however, edge rusher is a huge need for the Seahawks.

5. I was torn between OT and WR for NYJ. They are in an unenviable position where they need a talented OT but also a dynamic pass catcher at WR for Darnold. Seeing that they are in the range for a top OT, I think the Jets take one at #11 and then dip into that pool of Tier 2 receivers in the second round. In a lot of ways, their fanbase views their offensive needs in the draft somewhat similarly to ours here at BCMB, minus the fact that they don't have a franchise WR like Courtland Sutton. They believe they can get a talented blindside blocker in the 1st and take advantage of the deep WR class later on. NYJ are definitely an interesting team to keep an eye on. IMO, they have the single biggest influence on how the board shapes up for us at #15.

Appreciate the the work and detail you invested. Brown would be a hell of an addition. Some disagreements but I respect your opinion is different then mine. Love the Hall pick!

But IMO Broncos can not take Brown at the expense of a top WR if the Broncos are lucky enough to see one sitting there at #15.

Any of the top 3 (and arguably Jefferson as the 4 th) are critical to the Broncos this season. You state it yourself in your reasoning of why the Jags select Ruggs:

“Despite the emergence of Chalk (Sutton?) the Jags (Broncos) need a playmaker opposite him and Ruggs will fit right in and inject a ton of juice into a lackadaisical offense”

Why are the Broncos passing on Ruggs again?

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Thank you, Bronx. I was definitely inspired by your first round mock so I appreciate your insight and views on how it will shake out.

1. Arizona's defense has been woeful indeed. Maybe they take Derrick Brown or reach for C.J. Henderson? I know you mocked Patrick Queen to them. Opposite of Humphries, the RT position is in shambles. Justin Murray and Marcus Gilbert competing for RT is not something that AZ fans would like to see going into the 2020 season.

2. I have Brown ahead of Kinlaw too. My gut feeling is that a team (like Carolina) would prefer Kinlaw's outright physical tools and explosion over Brown's high floor and every-down consistency. I consider Brown to be the more "boring" DL prospect, perhaps in the same way Jeudy is the "boring" WR out of the top 3.

3. I did not project any trades-- however, I do feel like a team will trade up for Ruggs if we pass on him at #15. I think we disagree on where Queen ends up going, but who knows? I hope a team early on falls in love with his raw athleticism and natural coverage ability.

4. Ruiz to Seattle would not be a bad idea. Their current center Justin Britt is coming back from an ACL tear and has an $11.4M cap hit this season. I think Seattle fans see Britt in the same way that we saw Ron Leary. Expendable. With Clowney uncertain to come back, however, edge rusher is a huge need for the Seahawks.

5. I was torn between OT and WR for NYJ. They are in an unenviable position where they need a talented OT but also a dynamic pass catcher at WR for Darnold. Seeing that they are in the range for a top OT, I think the Jets take one at #11 and then dip into that pool of Tier 2 receivers in the second round. In a lot of ways, their fanbase views their offensive needs in the draft somewhat similarly to ours here at BCMB, minus the fact that they don't have a franchise WR like Courtland Sutton. They believe they can get a talented blindside blocker in the 1st and take advantage of the deep WR class later on. NYJ are definitely an interesting team to keep an eye on. IMO, they have the single biggest influence on how the board shapes up for us at #15.
    You make lots of great points, maybe we could do some CP bets for the draft.

Just for fun I decided to take a look at 3 teams message boards to see what the fans were saying.

Jet fans were having huge debates on whether to get a WR or a OT but they all talked about these 2 positions. More people seemed to want to grab an OT but it was quite close. They seem to love either Ruggs, Jeudy, or Wirfs.......... Wirfs came up a TON !!!!!!!

On the Cardinals board they are split on Derrick Brown and an OT, I would say almost 50/50 split. Some people want them to trade up for Simmons.

The Seahawks talk about the OL alot.

Should be an awesome night and its only around 2.5 weeks away !!!!

Give me some Ruggs !!!!!!

Just for fun I decided to take a look at 3 teams message boards to see what the fans were saying.

Jet fans were having huge debates on whether to get a WR or a OT but they all talked about these 2 positions. More people seemed to want to grab an OT but it was quite close. They seem to love either Ruggs, Jeudy, or Wirfs.......... Wirfs came up a TON !!!!!!!

On the Cardinals board they are split on Derrick Brown and an OT, I would say almost 50/50 split. Some people want them to trade up for Simmons.

It’s interesting that Wirfs comes up. Of the top 4 I’d have him rated the lowest. Wills is undoubtedly the top pass protectector, Thomas needs some coaching in pass pro but he’s definitely the 2nd best there and the best at run blocking. Becton is extremely raw but the physical gifts are absolutely insane. Wirfs is below Wills and Thomas in my eyes and Becton has the highest ceiling in the draft class. I can’t see Wirfs being higher than the 4th OT taken

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It’s interesting that Wirfs comes up. Of the top 4 I’d have him rated the lowest. Wills is undoubtedly the top pass protectector, Thomas needs some coaching in pass pro but he’s definitely the 2nd best there and the best at run blocking. Becton is extremely raw but the physical gifts are absolutely insane. Wirfs is below Wills and Thomas in my eyes and Becton has the highest ceiling in the draft class. I can’t see Wirfs being higher than the 4th OT taken
    Yea I'm not sure why, maybe because they pick 11 they might think that Becton and Thomas will be gone by then.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Appreciate the the work and detail you invested. Brown would be a hell of an addition. Some disagreements but I respect your opinion is different then mine. Love the Hall pick!

But IMO Broncos can not take Brown at the expense of a top WR if the Broncos are lucky enough to see one sitting there at #15.

Any of the top 3 (and arguably Jefferson as the 4 th) are critical to the Broncos this season. You state it yourself in your reasoning of why the Jags select Ruggs:

“Despite the emergence of Chalk (Sutton?) the Jags (Broncos) need a playmaker opposite him and Ruggs will fit right in and inject a ton of juice into a lackadaisical offense”

Why are the Broncos passing on Ruggs again?
    I appreciate it, Tim! Trust me, I’m all aboard the 1st round WR train. As I was typing it, I didn’t realize my JAX description fit our situation almost perfectly . We desperately need that playmaking WR2. I love Tim Patrick, but unfortunately I think his potential is limited as far as his athleticism goes. I have a lot of faith in DaeSean Hamilton to emerge as our WR3 and slot machine though. The missing piece in our receiving corps is a dynamic home run threat and Ruggs is that guy.

The only reason why I took Brown over Ruggs was due to BPA and recent draft trends. Elway and Matt Russell have shifted their strategy to emphasize drafting leaders— guys with outstanding character and team captains. Brown has been linked as high as #3 to DET simply due to his exceptional leadership (something HC Matt Patricia likes). Brown is a Top 10 player on my board and I know Fangio would be banging the table for him if he slid to #15. Normally, I would mock Ruggs or another top WR to us here... but considering how my mock played out, I thought it would be fun to take a sliding Derrick Brown as BPA. Plus, I had us taking Aiyuk in the 2nd round who does give us that speed element. Although I would prefer a blue-chip prospect at WR.

if we go WR in the second i hope we get Hamler. his Film is so fun to watch he has the most Tyreek Hill like skills with the starts and stop and short area quickness in the class. with his long speed and his quickness his floor is a Branden Cooks type player his Cieling is a Tyreek hill. i love this kid.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I would be down for that, it would be a lot of fun to keep tabs on our predictions in just a few weeks (getting ever-so closer!!). And that sounds about spot-on from what I saw on their boards as well. It’s a good way to evaluate other teams’ needs and how they value certain positions based on history.

2.5 weeks cannot go by any faster!

If brown Slides to 15. that almost a draft dream our line is fixed.

Walker/Jones Purcell Brown as the future
    Casey is gonna play it now and maybe harris, but i think brown beat out Harris. and he becomes a depth guy for brown and Purcell on more passing downs.

like i said i would go Hamler over Aiyuk any day of the week. even if had to give up a third but i think i would probably go OT over MLB and Lynn bowden jr. Bowden has Eldemen like skills with quickness but he is faster then Eldemen i really want to pick up him late to put pressure on Hamilton to Preform
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 04-05-2020 at 04:06 AM.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Give me some Ruggs !!!!!!

Bump...........I'm promoting drafting Ruggs this year, just like I promoted drafting Lock last year. Make it happen John !!!