Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,308
    The thing I donít understand is the assumption that Bolles is the weak link at OT.

    Despite his flaws at least we know he will give his all every play and every game. Clean up his technique and maturity issues and I think he surprises this year.

    I have no clue with James if he even wants to be on the field. Can that be fixed?

    Tend to think both start out the season as starters. How long they keep it depends on them. It think a quality OT needs to be drafted early. Hopefully giving them time to adjust to the league before they are called on to play.

    As it stands now I would love to see a free agent OT with starter experience added to the room. Then a prospect in the first 5 picks.

    Depending on how they choose to handle the C/ G issue they might very well be using 2 of the 5 on Olineman.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    The thing I donít understand is the assumption that Bolles is the weak link at OT.

    Despite his flaws at least we know he will give his all every play and every game. Clean up his technique and maturity issues and I think he surprises this year.

    I have no clue with James if he even wants to be on the field. Can that be fixed?

    Tend to think both start out the season as starters. How long they keep it depends on them. It think a quality OT needs to be drafted early. Hopefully giving them time to adjust to the league before they are called on to play.

    As it stands now I would love to see a free agent OT with starter experience added to the room. Then a prospect in the first 5 picks.

    Depending on how they choose to handle the C/ G issue they might very well be using 2 of the 5 on Olineman.
    We have met with Josh Jones multiple times including a video call. I could see him being a target for a trade up if he's there in the 2nd.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,175
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    The thing I don’t understand is the assumption that Bolles is the weak link at OT.

    Despite his flaws at least we know he will give his all every play and every game. Clean up his technique and maturity issues and I think he surprises this year.

    I have no clue with James if he even wants to be on the field. Can that be fixed?

    Tend to think both start out the season as starters. How long they keep it depends on them. It think a quality OT needs to be drafted early. Hopefully giving them time to adjust to the league before they are called on to play.

    As it stands now I would love to see a free agent OT with starter experience added to the room. Then a prospect in the first 5 picks.

    Depending on how they choose to handle the C/ G issue they might very well be using 2 of the 5 on Olineman.
    A big reason why I like Austin Jackson. At just 20 years old he still needs some work, but we are a team that could do just that. We have a pair of starting T under contract and we would have the luxury of essentially red shirting him and letting him learn under the best. We paid the big money to Munchak for exactly this, developing guys. Look at what he did for Risner in one year. That guy is already a 1st rounder in a re-draft.

    Jacksons story with regards to his sister is also a big reason I am pulling for him. The sky is the limit with this guy....especially with the willingness he has shown.

    Of course it's just an assumption, but if he came back one more year and had the time to fully recover from the bone marrow transfer he would be a locked in 1st rounder.

    Jackson is the youngest and most athletic lineman in the draft, he also needs some coaching to clean up and maximize that potential. Between Munchaks coaching and his practice reps vs Miller and Chubb, I like his chances of growing into something special.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,308
    Heard from a friend and fellow Bronco fan this morning. He heard Klis talking about the Broncos front office actively tying to move up in the second rd. Who knows if true or a smokescreen?

    But if true, it brings players like Jackson ans Jones into play. Long time USC fan so have seen Jackson multiple times. He has flaws.Some due to the inconsistent coaching at USC over the past couple years. Some mental. But i agree the athleticism and potential is there. Working with .Munchak would do wonders IMO.

    There are several OTs likely available in the 2nd that all fall into this category of "not a day one starter but given some time and coaching would be". Jackson, Jones, Cleveland, Hunt, Niang,

    These last two weeks before the draft are going to be tough. Especially working from home and avoiding the stack of paperwork t tend to.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,175
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Heard from a friend and fellow Bronco fan this morning. He heard Klis talking about the Broncos front office actively tying to move up in the second rd. Who knows if true or a smokescreen?

    But if true, it brings players like Jackson ans Jones into play. Long time USC fan so have seen Jackson multiple times. He has flaws.Some due to the inconsistent coaching at USC over the past couple years. Some mental. But i agree the athleticism and potential is there. Working with .Munchak would do wonders IMO.

    There are several OTs likely available in the 2nd that all fall into this category of "not a day one starter but given some time and coaching would be". Jackson, Jones, Cleveland, Hunt, Niang,

    These last two weeks before the draft are going to be tough. Especially working from home and avoiding the stack of paperwork t tend to.
    Or possibly one of two WRs we met with in Shenault/Aiyuk. I think those minimal meetings that teams were able to have are really important this draft. Take Aiyuk for example, the Broncos got to meet with him and work with him and prob have a good feel for how severe his injury was. Our FO might be licking their chops at the thought of this guy being pushed down boards.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I donít understand why everyone assumes Bolles can play G? Not saying he couldnít but Iíve seen this suggestion over the years and it seems like we already believe that once he goes to G heíll be good and our oline is set.

    Realistically Bolles will be our LT this year and will be let go after. I canít see, not saying it wonít, us drafting a T in the first. Bolles did show a lot of improvement and heís flaws were masked with Lock ability to quickly release and move around in the pocket.

    I donít see how Denver doesnít go WR if Juedy or Ruggs is on the board. Kinlaw makes a lot of sense but I see Denver moving back again this year.

    My bold prediction is Denver gets two late firstoicks this year. Trading back and taking those extra pick and moving our 2nd back into the first.
    because Bolles is a good run blocker and his strengths are in run blocking. his weakness seem to be his pass blocking and he gets beat by speed to much. then holds to try to recover. we can mask that and it will be easier for to suceed plus his run blocking should make him a good guard right away/

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    because Bolles is a good run blocker and his strengths are in run blocking. his weakness seem to be his pass blocking and he gets beat by speed to much. then holds to try to recover. we can mask that and it will be easier for to suceed plus his run blocking should make him a good guard right away/
    Iíve seen him get beaten badly by the bull rush too. Run blocking isnít enough to be a a good guard.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,979
    As convenient as it is to suggest kicking Bolles inside to guard, I have a feeling that our coaching staff would have tried/done that already if they felt like he fit there. Not saying it isn't out of the realm of possibility, but this 4 year project at LT has been incredibly disappointing to say the least.

    Unless we get one of the top 4 OTs that can come in and compete with Bolles in TC for the starting LT spot, I think we invest a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a developmental OT prospect for the future. As much as I would love to grab 2-3 immediate starters in this draft, it would be wise to look ahead to what an OT prospect could offer for 2021 and beyond. Bolles is slated to carry out the final year of his rookie deal, and I highly doubt Elway wants to exercise his 5th year option and ride the tumultuous "HOLDING, #72" rollercoaster again.

    Much like Andre Dillard for the Eagles, I think fans would quickly become impatient with a raw OT prospect that spends their rookie year on the bench. Especially if they are picked in the early rounds. But in this case, I think a redshirt year would be quite beneficial for a rookie under the careful tutelage of Hall of Fame OL coach Mike Munchak. Someone like Josh Jones, Austin Jackson, Lucas Niang, Ezra Cleveland, or Matt Peart would benefit greatly from a full year in an NFL weight room and having Munchak hand-mold and refine their technique.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,511
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    As convenient as it is to suggest kicking Bolles inside to guard, I have a feeling that our coaching staff would have tried/done that already if they felt like he fit there. Not saying it isn't out of the realm of possibility, but this 4 year project at LT has been incredibly disappointing to say the least.

    Unless we get one of the top 4 OTs that can come in and compete with Bolles in TC for the starting LT spot, I think we invest a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a developmental OT prospect for the future. As much as I would love to grab 2-3 immediate starters in this draft, it would be wise to look ahead to what an OT prospect could offer for 2021 and beyond. Bolles is slated to carry out the final year of his rookie deal, and I highly doubt Elway wants to exercise his 5th year option and ride the tumultuous "HOLDING, #72" rollercoaster again.

    Much like Andre Dillard for the Eagles, I think fans would quickly become impatient with a raw OT prospect that spends their rookie year on the bench. Especially if they are picked in the early rounds. But in this case, I think a redshirt year would be quite beneficial for a rookie under the careful tutelage of Hall of Fame OL coach Mike Munchak. Someone like Josh Jones, Austin Jackson, Lucas Niang, Ezra Cleveland, or Matt Peart would benefit greatly from a full year in an NFL weight room and having Munchak hand-mold and refine their technique.
    i deally i would go OT high in both these next year Draft. i also really like Lucas Niang in the second. right now in the first my top targets would be one of the top 4 OTs if any of them are up we should probably jump on them. Jones and probably Cleveland would be great trade down targets both should at least go end of the round with Jones possibly sneaking in to the top 20. there are 2 things i am about willing to guarantee with this draft. there will be alot of OTs and a Lot of Wr i could see 6 OT and 8 WR going in the first this year. if we can move down to like 25 and grab Cleveland plus an extra second i would also strongly consider that. Either way we need a tackle to push Bolles or Provide injury insurance for James. and we should invest into that early. there will be an Added Bonus if he can play Guard. We can't count on our OT situation at all. if neither of those 2 are up then i would look a top 3 WR or Jefferson.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •