Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,664

    All Decade team 2010-2019

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ald-headliners

    2010s ALL-DECADE TEAM ROSTER
    * -- denotes a unanimous selection

    OFFENSE

    QB Tom Brady*
    QB Aaron Rodgers
    RB Frank Gore
    RB Marshawn Lynch
    RB LeSean McCoy
    RB Adrian Peterson*
    WR Antonio Brown
    WR Larry Fitzgerald
    WR Calvin Johnson
    WR Julio Jones
    FLEX Darren Sproles
    TE Rob Gronkowski
    TE Travis Kelce
    OT Jason Peters
    OT Tyron Smith
    OT Joe Staley
    OT Joe Thomas*
    OG Jahri Evans
    OG Logan Mankins
    OG Zack Martin
    OG Marshal Yanda*
    C Alex Mack
    C Maurkice Pouncey

    DEFENSE

    DE Calais Campbell
    DE Cameron Jordan
    DE Julius Peppers
    DE J.J. Watt*
    DT Geno Atkins
    DT Fletcher Cox
    DT Aaron Donald*
    DT Ndamukong Suh
    LB Chandler Jones
    LB Luke Kuechly
    LB Khalil Mack
    LB Von Miller*
    LB Bobby Wagner
    LB Patrick Willis
    CB Patrick Peterson
    CB Darrelle Revis
    CB Richard Sherman
    S Eric Berry
    S Earl Thomas
    S Eric Weddle
    DB Chris Harris Jr.
    DB Tyrann Mathieu

    SPECIALISTS

    P Johnny Hekker
    P Shane Lechler
    K Stephen Gostkowski
    K Justin Tucker*
    PR Tyreek Hill
    PR Darren Sproles
    KR Devin Hester
    KR Cordarrelle Patterson

    COACHES

    Bill Belichick
    Pete Carroll
    We got 2 players.

    Von was unanimous selection

    Denverbroncos.com video Atwater telling Von he is selected

    Denverbroncos.com video of opponents talking about how dangerous Von is

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    35,794
    These polls are always fun, even if there will be disagreement. NFL.com's Adam Rank (good name for this) ranks Von as the 2nd best on the list, behind Brady. Harris at 45. Von deserves all the credit he gets! He has been a dominant player, and he was dominant in our SB win.

    The problem with decade teams is that it might come down to when you played, as in half in one decade and half in another, which diminishes your overall contribution to either decade. DeMarcus Ware might have been on the team had he played more exclusively in this period, but he was an all decade player in 2000-2009.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    3,615
    Von and CHJ. Not bad. Miller deserves the accolades.


    2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,082
    Good for both of them.... both deserve it..

    And CHJ getting recognized..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,051
    Congrats to Von and CHJ. I have loved reading about that the last couple of days...

    Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    These polls are always fun, even if there will be disagreement. NFL.com's Adam Rank (good name for this) ranks Von as the 2nd best on the list, behind Brady. Harris at 45. Von deserves all the credit he gets! He has been a dominant player, and he was dominant in our SB win.

    The problem with decade teams is that it might come down to when you played, as in half in one decade and half in another, which diminishes your overall contribution to either decade. DeMarcus Ware might have been on the team had he played more exclusively in this period, but he was an all decade player in 2000-2009.
    Fully deserved for both - CHJ had that run of several years of not giving up a TD, and Von - similar to TD actually - was great in regular season, but when playoffs came along they just stepped it up a notch. The AFCC game and the SB was the best individual defensive performance I remember seing.
    I have never seen Brady be so flustered, and Von pretty much changed the narrative of Cam Newton from MVP Superman to having talkshows talk about Cam being overvalued.
    Before that SB you could not have made this without being crucified
    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 04-12-2020 at 06:51 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,460
    Watching the replay of the Steelers miracle.....Von was a super fast beast back then.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,318
    Von is a superstar, and Chris Harris wasn't even the best cornerback to play on our team this decade, don't agree with that one at all.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Von is a superstar, and Chris Harris wasn't even the best cornerback to play on our team this decade, don't agree with that one at all.
    I guess that you must think Talib or Champ. This is a decade team - Champ was in the last decade, and Talib had a lot of bad games/plays which CHJ did not, but I have to give that Talib is one of the best tackling CBs I have ever seen. I am surprised that Talib did not make it!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,318
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    I guess that you must think Talib or Champ. This is a decade team - Champ was in the last decade, and Talib had a lot of bad games/plays which CHJ did not, but I have to give that Talib is one of the best tackling CBs I have ever seen. I am surprised that Talib did not make it!
    Talib was elite when he was here, and he done it in multiple schemes, for multiple teams. Chris also had plenty of bad games, I would argue more in the last 2 years then we seen from Talib in his time here. I think Talib barely playing the last 2 years hurt his chances of making the team.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Talib was elite when he was here, and he done it in multiple schemes, for multiple teams. Chris also had plenty of bad games, I would argue more in the last 2 years then we seen from Talib in his time here. I think Talib barely playing the last 2 years hurt his chances of making the team.
    I actually think that neither CHJ nor Talib are undeserving of that list. Talib was great here and very diciplined for the most part, but he seems to be freelancing more thus having more big plays and more busted coverages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •