Thread: Brandon Aiyuk

Brandon Aiyuk

Just saw on NFL Network that Aiyuk had core muscle surgery.

Why not call it Sports Hernia anymore? Not a big deal, 4-8 weeks recovery.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Why not call it Sports Hernia anymore? Not a big deal, 4-8 weeks recovery.
    I had two in my playing days, one groin, one abdominal. Had a mesh pad placed over both.

It didnít take long to heal up but that mesh pad had those areas of my body numb and stiff for almost a year!

Not saying itís any more serious than it is but I had to be very cautious while playing.

Had the hernia repair as well. It was in early June, and I was good to go for camp last July.

Aiyuk is a going to be a valued draft pick...this surgery will not change his positioning, unless a team has zero tolerance for risk.

He might even go first round.

I agree it's not a major issue, or, shouldn't be, but I wonder if some teams push him down their board. Apparently, he's been dealing with it for a while. He even participated in the combine with it. And, he was going to work through his pro day, but since they're all cancelled, he just decided to get it done.

I don't get the hype around him he is speed guy but there are better in this draft

He's struck me as more of a 3rd round guy and this cements that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    He's struck me as more of a 3rd round guy and this cements that for me.
    I tend to agree but apparently others donít. Iíve seen him in mocks routinely placed early second to end of the first.

IMO I is going to be interesting to see how many WRs are taken in the first couple rounds. I read an article speculating up tot 10-12 by the end and f the second.

Tends to make me think that the teams missing out on the top 4-6 will get desperate to be a part of the ďdeepest WR pool in yearsĒ and overdraft. Hopefully the Broncos are not one of them.

Still think one of the top four WRs ( incl. Jefferson) make it to #15, just will depend on if Elway believes a WR is BPA / need or not and makes the pick.

I would put Brandon Aiyuk as a 2nd round guy. I have seen him mocked higher several times, not that it means a lot.

They sports hernia probably didn't help his 40 time at the combine. He is still a top 12 WR in this class. I think between, Aiyuk, Reagor, Higgins, Mims, and Hamler, it kind of depends what kind of receiver you want as to who you might take first.

To me, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs and Jefferson are the only first round worthy WR. Aiyuk, Higgins Mims, Reagor, Shenault and Hamlet are all second rounders. If it weren't for injuries, Shenault would be a legit first rounder. Unfortunately, he'll probably slide. Guys just get pushed up because of need.

I think the gist of this thread is whether or not he slides because of the surgery, and just like Shenault, a few teams may drop on their boards. But as they say, all it takes is for one team to love you. Therefore, I believe both players will do well, as high as late first, or somewhere in the 2nd.