Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Let's Talk CB

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Have you watched KJ Hamler or Lynn Bowden Jr

They are both guys who can contribute right away at receiver Hamler in the second and Bowden Jr in the 3red or fourth range. I think Bowden is getting over looked due to his time at QB but he is like an eldeman with more long speed. I really like him and his agility.
    Seen and like them both as complimentary players. But I question the drop off of talent to be considered a top starter opposite Sutton. As a double dip into the WR pool I'm sold. Along with about a half dozen others.

Hamler is not a good route runner, should be considered a durability issue and drops a lot of balls. No denying he is electric with the ball in his hands,. Bowden is intriguing as a versatile playmaker, if used in some creative ways. Really raw WR talent. Again, put the ball in his hands and he is dynamic. It's just about getting the ball into their hands.

Would target Duvarney out of Texas before Bowden in that range. Also a playmaker like Hightower out of Boise St.

Getting back to CBs. I didnt mean to derail this thread. Apologies.

Hall is my favorite, even if they have to use a 2nd to get him. Also like Gladney or in a twist Burgess from UT. Big CB convert to S this past season but a damn ggod player that could cover the big WRs that are in the league. Late round picks that might make great projects or STs players are Davis out of AUB and Guidry, UT.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    If Ruggs is just as good as a pro as he was at Bama, we will have effectively re-drafted Ashley Lelie. A decoy is exactly how one shoul;d describe a guy who catches 3 balls per game. I would be all for WR @ #15 if we needed a #1 WR. There are going to be going to be guys day 2 or 3 that will upgrade the WR room.

CB you need 4 good ones, receivers you need 2-3 good ones...they just do not need to be WR necessarily.
    Preach brotha preach!!

He was the 3rd best WR on his team, he disappeared for weeks at a time, etc.

If you want a guy to stretch the field, DRAFT JOHN HIGHTOWER in the 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    This is where we all have different opinions.

WR: See Sutton, Fant, and Gordon getting lion share of targets, how badly do we need a decoy? That has been the major selling point of Ruggs, right? Opening up things for the other guys. I see so much depth in this draft at WR, would rather double dip in the 3-5th then go WR early.

OT: We have 2 starters so drafting one at #15 is a future play. We could go Thomas, play him at OG and move Galsgow to OC. I'm not sold on Thomas being athletic enough to stay outside,but we could use an interior upgrade too.

CB: We have 5 guys with 2 or less years on their contract, we need a couple long term options in this group. We were 10th in scoring last year, I think we are close to being a top 3 scoring D this year, so see this as a win now choice vs OT and WR.

Not going to slove all short and long term needs in one draft, just hope we come away with 3 starters...that is a great draft when you can do that.
    I respectfully disagree. I think we have huge questions marks there. They are not gonna extend Bolles and he is a liability anyway. Juwan James? Health?? Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I think we have huge questions marks there. They are not gonna extend Bolles and he is a liability anyway. Juwan James? Health?? Come on...
    It’s an uncomfortable position for us to be in. All of your points are valid.

I will say this, Bolles was not a total liability late in the season. I get it, he does this every year. Yes, Lock helped Bolles immensely with his mobility and quick decisions. As much as I would like to see Bolles go, he’s not a bad bridge OT. The decision not to exercise Bolles’ 5th year option makes me feel like we are more likely to address that position in 2021. Entering 2020, I firmly believe Bolles will be the starter. If we do pick an OT, I see that prospect taking over mid-way through the season if Bolles becomes a total train-wreck again— or takes over as the starter next year when we let Bolles walk.

James’ health scares me a lot. One thing is for sure though, he wants to be on the field. He tried to come back for the Indy game when he wasn’t even 100% and ended up suffering a major injury. He’s one of the highest paid RTs so he will get his opportunity regardless. I’m not taking an OT early for the sole purpose of being “insurance”. I could see a mid-round pick used to bolster our overall tackle depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    Just as valid an opinion as mine (and shared by many), but I agree with HD above, seems like 1st round OT is an "insurance pick".

Bolles could finally click (probably not), and if he does could stick around. OT class shoul;d be really good next year, but hoping we find a diamond in the rough 3rd round or later.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots