Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Draft Sleepers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    6,243

    Draft Sleepers

    Just as the title says, list some of the players you would like to see the Broncos select in the mid to late rounds of the upcoming draft.

    1 - Lynn Bowden 6' 200 WR Kentucky. He was a Swiss army knife for the Wildcats during his career, leading the team as a receiver in 2018, starting some of the season at QB, and was the teams best return man. I see him filling a role similar to a former Kentucky WR, Randall Cobb.


    2. Quintez Cephus 6' 1'' 207 WR Wisconsin. Missed the entire 2018 season after being accused of sexual assault, later was acquitted of the charges. Rebounded to have a good season in a run heavy offense. Had a slow 40 time - 4.7 - at the combine, but plays much faster on the field. Caught 7 passes for 122 yards in the Big 10 Championship game against Ohio St. secondary featuring Jeff Okudah, Damon Arnette, and Shaun Wade.


    3. Larrell Murchison 6' 2" 295 DL N.C. State. I'm putting him on this list based on watching him play against Syracuse earlier this season. Watching that game I him dominate the Syracuse line and thought that he reminded me of Malik Jackson to a certain extent. Needs to get stronger, but I really liked what I saw from him that game.


    4. Benito Jones 6' 1" 318 DL Ole Miss. Lloyd Cushenberry said that he was the toughest opponent he faced. Not a typical run stuffing NT, but a bit more of a gap penetrator. Needs to get a stronger base to hold up better against the run.


    5. Stanford Samuels III 6'2" CB Florida St. Another player who had a slow 40 time - 4.65 - and no pro day to run again. Good in different coverage schemes, but tackling is inconsistent to say the least. Needs to work on things technique wise, but the athleticism is there to be developed.

    Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    For me two guys I like are

    Micheal O TE Missouri- Would love to reunite him with Lock. Instant chemistry, and we could groom him.

    James Prosche WR SMU- He might have the best hands in the draft. Other than that he is just ok to good everywhere else. However, when it comes to WR I'd take a late flyer on a guy with amazing hands.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,308
    Like the Benito Jones pick.

    Mine are all likely 5th -7th rd picks that intrigue me, Could all just as easily be busts as contributors but here goes.

    -Terrence Steele: OT Tex Tech, 6'6 310 good athlete, long arms, needs to get stronger and clean up technique. Scouts see him as LT or swing possibility

    - Charlie Heck: OT N. Carolina, 6'7 310. impressive tape against Clemson, athletic but needs to get stronger base. son of NFL oline coach

    - (more of a 4-5 rd ) Julian Blackmon: S/CB Utah, 6'0 190 4.6 , versatile, successful at both S/CB, smart, solid tackler, reliable back up.

    - Tanner Muse: S Clemson. 6'2 230 4.41 , ( late rd long shot ) a lot of zone S but think he would be an interesting conversion to coverage LB against TEs and RBs. smart , physical tackler.

    - Pick # 254- Khalil Tate QB , AZ. 6.2 215 4.49 , Project QB . Very athletic, dynamic runner, strong arm, needs to improve accuracy, reads and decision making. Has a "when in doubt ...run" mentality. 2019 was a down year but young man was amazing in 2018. Potential Wild Cat or Taysom Hill like usage? Both Lock and Driskol are athletic and can get a first down. Tate takes it to another level as a back up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,026
    K.J. Hill
    WR
    Ohio St

    As a Buckeyes fan I love this kid. Heís being way undervalued as a projected 3rd-4th rounder. If we pass on an early round WR or want to double dip I wideout I hope we consider him in the 3rd.

    He isnít a blazer, but runs great routes and goes over the middle. A speed guy like Ruggs in round 1, or Hamler in round 2, and Hill in round 3 would be amazing for Lock!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,308
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    K.J. Hill
    WR
    Ohio St

    As a Buckeyes fan I love this kid. Heís being way undervalued as a projected 3rd-4th rounder. If we pass on an early round WR or want to double dip I wideout I hope we consider him in the 3rd.

    He isnít a blazer, but runs great routes and goes over the middle. A speed guy like Ruggs in round 1, or Hamler in round 2, and Hill in round 3 would be amazing for Lock!
    Hill would be a nice addition in the mid rds. I am an advocate of adding some much needed firepower to a pitiful Bronco offense.

    Doubling up at WR does that. Like Hill. But I also like guys like Duvernay and Hightower as playmakers in the mid- late rds.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    6,243
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Like the Benito Jones pick.

    Mine are all likely 5th -7th rd picks that intrigue me, Could all just as easily be busts as contributors but here goes.

    -Terrence Steele: OT Tex Tech, 6'6 310 good athlete, long arms, needs to get stronger and clean up technique. Scouts see him as LT or swing possibility

    - Charlie Heck: OT N. Carolina, 6'7 310. impressive tape against Clemson, athletic but needs to get stronger base. son of NFL oline coach

    - (more of a 4-5 rd ) Julian Blackmon: S/CB Utah, 6'0 190 4.6 , versatile, successful at both S/CB, smart, solid tackler, reliable back up.

    - Tanner Muse: S Clemson. 6'2 230 4.41 , ( late rd long shot ) a lot of zone S but think he would be an interesting conversion to coverage LB against TEs and RBs. smart , physical tackler.

    - Pick # 254- Khalil Tate QB , AZ. 6.2 215 4.49 , Project QB . Very athletic, dynamic runner, strong arm, needs to improve accuracy, reads and decision making. Has a "when in doubt ...run" mentality. 2019 was a down year but young man was amazing in 2018. Potential Wild Cat or Taysom Hill like usage? Both Lock and Driskol are athletic and can get a first down. Tate takes it to another level as a back up.
    Tanner Muse is a prospect that I like as well for the same reasons that you mentioned. At the very least, I think he could become a core special teams player.

    Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,175
    Just looking at the Pac12 Championship and then the Alamo bowl, it would be easy to overlook Utahs defense....however they were a really tough unit all year. I expect many guys to hear their names called on draft weekend.
    A couple of later prospects I really like are LB Frances Bernard and S Terrell Burgess. Both of these guys are really versatile and good fits in today's NFL. Another local guy who was really productive is Utah State LB David Woodward.
    I really like Bernard and think he could be a great addition.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 04-10-2020 at 08:09 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,308
    NT Leki Fotu is another UTE I find intriguing. Apparently the Broncos had a video call with him last week so maybe they do too.

    Would be a quality backup to Purcell.. Fotu is not a pass rusher but a nice anchor in the middle on early downs to develop. Probably would take the Broncos 4th rd pick due to the 5th being at the very end of the round.

    Burgess is another I like. CB or S versatility. . Same with P.Dye. as a coverage LB. Finding these sleepers in the mid -late rds to fill specific needs, special teams and allowing them time to develop into well rounded professionals is a key to drafting IMO.

    SEC may have the biggest portion of blue chippers but the PAC 12 has some Gems.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,548
    ATH - Antonio Gibson - Swiss army knife on offense. I question whether he is a natural pass catcher, but if he develops in that are could be a super sized Darron Sproles. 4.39 speed at 230 lbs.

    WR - Van Jefferson - Gets tremendous separation. Route running makes him a day one starter and could take over slot duties from Desean right away.

    CB - Amik Robertson - CB that plays like an undersized safety. Film reminds me of Cardinals 2nd round pick Budda Baker, I think Amik is a playmaker.

    Don't see those three talked about too often, but should end up as great value picks on day 2/3.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    621
    Ben Bartch, OT, St. John's.
    6'6", 309 lbs

    A small school prospect, who had a great combine, but, also has a great football IQ and is athletic. He showed improvement in his technique and stregnth. Under Munchak, he could become a steal.
    Last edited by sra84; 04-11-2020 at 04:21 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,651
    Logan Wilson and Tyler Biadasz are rookie impact starters just waiting to happen. I believe both should be 2nd rounders and yet I see both getting mocked in the 3rd or later.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    915
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp


    Boom or Bust - I'd stay away from these....Includes Mims and Hamler.....Chinn too.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Logan Wilson and Tyler Biadasz are rookie impact starters just waiting to happen. I believe both should be 2nd rounders and yet I see both getting mocked in the 3rd or later.
    Big fan of Logan Wilson

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,175
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp


    Boom or Bust - I'd stay away from these....Includes Mims and Hamler.....Chinn too.
    That's quite a list.......some of the best players in their conferences. I would be happy with just about any of these guys. There are injury concerns with some and in the case of players like Hamler no pre draft workouts to judge so this is a unique draft where "risk" is amplified. There will be so many teams playing it safe with early selections that I expect many good players to slide a half Rd or more.....that puts us right in position to capitalize on some of these "risks" with/using picks 46,77,83,95.

    This is also the type of draft where your upper hand knowledge of local guys like Shenault is going to be extremely valuable. We probably scouted Colorado as much as anyone and we were one of the few teams to have a combine meeting with him. I know he is on our short list and I'm thrilled with that.....I'm hoping Austin Jackson and Chinn are as well.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,308
    Since Colorado kids mentioned. What about Davion Taylor as a late round prospect?

    Undersized and inexperienced LBs are usually not good indicators but with his athleticism and has a reputation as a very coachable hard worker.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •