Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Drew Lock, Will He Be a Hero or a Zero!!!!

Pats fans bring up Lock in a Tom Brady thread and then accuse me of comparing the two. So their is no confusion I will start this thread early.

Simple will Lock be the Qb who leads us back to the playoffs or will he be another failed attempt at finding a Qb in Denver.

I think he will be the Qb who will get us back on top.
    Going into 2020 he will be the man,
    he wonít be a rookie in a lockeroom with 50 plus players he has never played with.
    He wont be behind a veteran Qb who the team has already handed the job too.
    The offense will be built around his strengths.

I see the kid being the real deal. By real deal Iím not saying he is the next Mahomes, I am saying he will be our starter for the near future and will get us back in the playoffs.

What say you, TB12, mainrxile, Baphs, and Devilspawn?

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Pats fans bring up Lock in a Tom Brady thread and then accuse me of comparing the two. So their is no confusion I will start this thread early.

Simple will Lock be the Qb who leads us back to the playoffs or will he be another failed attempt at finding a Qb in Denver.

he wonít be a rookie in a lockeroom with 50 plus players he has never played with.

I see the kid being the real deal. By real deal Iím not saying he is the next Mahomes, I am saying he will be our starter for the near future and will get us back in the playoffs.

I think Lock will be an electrifying QB on a Brett Favre level however far more accurate!

I also think the opposers will be on that business trip with Baph as you earlier suggested.

Oh here they are, baph stole a page from Tommys book and cheated with a head start
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-12-2020 at 04:42 PM.

The odds say failure, but my heart hopes for different, obviously. I think fans have overrated his performance in the final games of the season, I don't see the performances as special, or ground breaking. I loved how composed he was, but it will take more than that when it comes time to play a full regular season. Lock will have a full off-season, pre-season, and get to start things off, (hopefully the coronavirus doesn't impact that) but that comes with more pressure and expectations than the situation he was in last year. I think if Denver has a solid all around team around Lock, they could go to the playoffs as a wildcard, but I don't see Lock putting things on his shoulders and overcoming the bad rosters Elway has built in years past. The offensive line and running game needs to be consistent to get to where everyone hopes Lock can take us.

he won’t be a rookie in a lockeroom with 50 plus players he has never played with.

I see the kid being the real deal. By real deal I’m not saying he is the next Mahomes, I am saying he will be our starter for the near future and will get us back in the playoffs.

Nobody knows....flip a coin....heads he will be great....tails he flops. Let's revisit this thread in about 2-4 years.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    The odds say failure, but my heart hopes for different, obviously. I think fans have overrated his performance in the final games of the season, I don't see the performances as special, or ground breaking. I loved how composed he was, but it will take more than that when it comes time to play a full regular season. Lock will have a full off-season, pre-season, and get to start things off, (hopefully the coronavirus doesn't impact that) but that comes with more pressure and expectations than the situation he was in last year. I think if Denver has a solid all around team around Lock, they could go to the playoffs as a wildcard, but I don't see Lock putting things on his shoulders and overcoming the bad rosters Elway has built in years past. The offensive line and running game needs to be consistent to get to where everyone hopes Lock can take us.
    John you ruin the rival fans take that we are all homers!!!

John is definitely a more reasonable fan than I, he needs more than 5 games to make a decision and I canít hate on him for that!

Meanwhile TB12 (who seems to have left early for his business trip) saw Lock struggle vs KC and made up his mind about Lock.

I do hope Baphs comes back sooner than later, he would have fun with this subject for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I think Lock will be an electrifying QB on a Brett Favre level however far more accurate!

I also think the opposers will be on that business trip with Baph as you earlier suggested.

Oh here they are, baph stole a page from Tommys book and cheated with a head start
    Baphs always finds a way to win, whether itís in smack or taking some time off in the offseason.

All joking aside, I sincerely hope all the fans who have humored us here (fellow broncos fans and rivals) are all staying safe and healthy!!!
    Hopefully all of this is behind us by the time the NFL season is here!!!

he won’t be a rookie in a lockeroom with 50 plus players he has never played with.

I see the kid being the real deal. By real deal I’m not saying he is the next Mahomes, I am saying he will be our starter for the near future and will get us back in the playoffs.

You can't really make a judgment after 4 games. He's got a slow windup which I'm not too fond of. If he doesn't correct his mechanics, I think teams will catch up to him next year.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    You can't really make a judgment after 4 games. He's got a slow windup which I'm not too fond of. If he doesn't correct his mechanics, I think teams will catch up to him next year.
    5 games....try to keep steady there tammy.

As for his mechanics....do you really know???

Was fairly accurate for a rook, can release in a split second, and can throw it on a tight zipline.

So who do you really pull for when Brady meets The pats?

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

So who do you really pull for when Brady meets The pats?
    I already said the Pats, probation boy...
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Meanwhile TB12 (who seems to have left early for his business trip) saw Lock struggle vs KC and made up his mind about Lock.
    I said it's too early to say anything about Lock. You on the other hand already think he's a star.

I already said the Pats, probation boy...
    You are so grown up, little boy! You can mention that all you want, but it is as irrelevant as are your posts.

I said it's too early to say anything about Lock. You on the other hand already think he's a star.
    I wouldnít call him a star but I do think he has a lot of promise. I base that on how the team rallied around him.

Yet you build up Stidham up based on???

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Yet you build up Stidham up based on???
    I said Stidham's college career was more impressive than Lock's. I never said Stidham was going to be a star. If you knew anything you'd know it takes more than talent to be successful in the NFL. You have to play for the right coach and system. I'd say Stidham has a leg up on Lock given that he's going to play for the GOAT coach.

I said Stidham's college career was more impressive than Lock's. I never said Stidham was going to be a star. If you knew anything you'd know it takes more than talent to be successful in the NFL. You have to play for the right coach and system. I'd say Stidham has a leg up on Lock given that he's going to play for the GOAT coach.
    'the GOAT coach'???

Is that why the fool keeps getting busted for cheating? Nobody outside of new England respects your Lion, cheetah, coach!