Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Where do the mocks have it wrong

Give two guys you feel are being mocked way too low and two being mocked way too high.

Too Low

OT A Jackson
    OT E Cleveland

LT is just a premium position and would not bve surprised to see both go top 25

Too High

WR J Jefferson
    OT A Thomas

See Jefferson falling into the 2nd and Thomas dropping outside the top 20
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

I don't buy any of that except Cleveland.

I think Jefferson will be one of the first 3 WRs taken and will be gone by pick 17. Quite possibly at 15.

Thomas is the best lineman in the class and will be a top 15 pick. He should be a top 10er, but teams can overthink things and misdraft off of potential.

Jackson worries me and I wouldn't touch him before the mid 2nd. Tackles are a premium positon, but that doesn't make every one a first rounder.

Was hoping more for poster predictions than debates, throw your 2by2 out there papa!
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Solely my opinion...

Too Low:
    OT Isaiah Wilson
    CB Cameron Dantzler

Iím hearing rumors about Wilson being squarely in the first round discussion, and he may be the OT5 or OT6 on a lot of teamsí boards. Iíve been seeing mocks put him in the 2nd or 3rd round. Dantzler is more of my personal evaluation and I think he has the tools to be a quality starter in the NFL, he should be in the discussion at the top of the 2nd round, IMO. If he falls to the 3rd, that would surprise me.

Too High:
    DT Derrick Brown
    LB Kenneth Murray

Thereís nothing wrong about Brown really, but I think Kinlawís rise and raw talent could slide Brown down boards. I could easily see Kinlaw going #7 to CAR (I guess I should have put him in the ďtoo lowĒ category). I like Murray as a prospect too, but I donít think teams are as high on him as mocks would indicate. I think he slides to the 2nd round. I donít think he has a Mack Wilson-type of slide, but I could see him being available at #46.

Too low:

WR Michael Pittman
    C Lloyd Cushenberry III

A lot of other receivers get the love, but I think Pittman will be a quality receiver, and special teamer, for a long time. And I think Cushenberry is the best center in the draft and his upside is likely the highest.

Too high:

QB Justin Herbert
    CB CJ Henderson

I just have the gut feeling Herbert isn't going to be a franchise QB. And I think there are better CB's than Henderson, aside from Okudah. Diggs, Gladney, and Hall are all CB's I think will be better.
    Last edited by sra84; 04-13-2020 at 01:31 PM.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Jefferson was the 2nd or 3rd WR off the board. Too much heat around his name leading up to the draft.

Too high.....Becton and Jefferson. Too low....Mims and Baun. Becton to big and slow against faster competition. Jefferson needs to use his hands to catch the ball more often. Mims is a young DT with elite speed. Baun looks to me to be faster and more athletic then given credit for.

Too high = Becton and Tua
    Becton is a giant athlete but is he an NFL OT?
    IMO, Tua is overrated, I don't think he will be successful in the NFL.

Too low = Bryce Hall and A.J. Epenesa
    I hope Hall is taken by the Broncos in the 3rd. Injuries probably are the reason he is projected ~3rd?
    A.J. isn't always mocked low but I've watched him play and he is better than most have him mocked...IMO.

Too low
    Michael Pittman WR USC
    Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota

Too High
    Yetur Gross-Matos DE Penn State
    Henry Ruggs WR Alabama

The guys I think are going too low have been ultra productive and got better each year. The other two I feel like people are putting too much into what they could be.

Too High
    Tua- Benefitted from being surrounded by more talent, doesn't have good arm strength. INJURIES! reportedly failed an NFL medical.

Ruggs-Good receiver who's now considered great because of his fast 40. That one run made good but not great hands now "unreal" and good but not great route running now high level NFL route running

Too Low
    Justin Jefferson-Had his biggest games when the lights were the brightest, dominating the 3 playoff games his team played.

Tyler Biadasz-He's dropped like a rock because of injury concerns (now projected as a 4th round pick). But went into the 2019 season as the best centre, and was a unanimous All American and won the Rimington Trophy as top NCAA centre.

Too high
    Derrick Brown
    Tee Higgins

Too low
    Marlon Davidson - bonafide stud once he plays a position suited for him
    Take your pick of a WR that isnít in the top 3 or Higgins

Too High

Jalen Reagor
    Jordan Love

Too Low

Derrick Brown
    Willie Gay
    New England Patriots GM

Too High

Ruggs
    AJ Epenesa
    Laviska Shenault -- I think he goes in a free fall

To Low
    Kenneth Murray
    Ross Blacklock
    Michael Pittman Jr
    Lucas Niang

Too High
    OT Wills - he's probably going to be a right tackle, and drafting a right tackle inside the top 10 (which is probably where he'll go) with all the top end talent this year is crazy.
    Most of the CB's except Okudah - there might be 5 or 6 taken in the first round simply out of need. There aren't 5 or 6 first round talents though.

Too Low
    Jeremy Chinn - he's a poor man's Isaiah Simmons. He's a thumper with range, size and speed.
    Javon Kinlaw - he's a generational D-line mauler, and would go much higher if OT wasn't always such a huge need in this league.
    Bonus - Lynn Bowden Jr. - he's going to get screwed because Kentucky had him running the offense instead of catching passes, but he has sticky hands and is a monster after the catch. He reminds me of Hines Ward. Chances are he doesn't get drafted until the late 3rd or 4th rounds, but he's much closer to a 1st round talent than a 4th.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Too High
    OT Wills - he's probably going to be a right tackle, and drafting a right tackle inside the top 10 (which is probably where he'll go) with all the top end talent this year is crazy.
    Most of the CB's except Okudah - there might be 5 or 6 taken in the first round simply out of need. There aren't 5 or 6 first round talents though.

Too Low
    Jeremy Chinn - he's a poor man's Isaiah Simmons. He's a thumper with range, size and speed.
    Javon Kinlaw - he's a generational D-line mauler, and would go much higher if OT wasn't always such a huge need in this league.
    Bonus - Lynn Bowden Jr. - he's going to get screwed because Kentucky had him running the offense instead of catching passes, but he has sticky hands and is a monster after the catch. He reminds me of Hines Ward. Chances are he doesn't get drafted until the late 3rd or 4th rounds, but he's much closer to a 1st round talent than a 4th.
    The only reason I'd disagree with you about a RT being taken high, is just because teams seem to put their top pass rusher on the defensive left a lot now. Von Miller, as an example, plays from the left side quite a bit. And with teams trying to get two dynamic outside pass rushers, I think you need to get talent at both tackle spots.

I do agree with you on Wills though, I'm not as high on him as others are.

I think Lynn Bowden is going to make some GM look very smart. I hope the Broncos consider taking him with either the last of the 3rd round picks or 4th. That's if they take someone like Jeudy or Lamb early. If they take Ruggs then I'm not sure Bowden fits in quite as well, because I think you'd be asking Ruggs to do what I'd like to see Bowden do.