Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 Utes in the 3rd

Give me those Utes!

Terrell Burgess S- Very versatile, just the type Fangio loves. Man or zone, Burgess is productive

Bradlee Anae Edge- Incredible motor and will to produce, another Fangio gem. This consensus All- American is being severely overlooked in mocks.

Leki Fotu DT- A pure mountain of a man. Instant plug to stop opponents inside run game. If he had more pass rush ability this guy would would be talked about with the top DTs.

Francis Bernard LB- Maybe the 4th for Bernard but another very versatile LB. Good ability in both the run and pass game. A true leader of that high ranked Defense.

The sheer amount of WRs available this year is dropping some other guys by a good half round in value. We are set up to take advantage in the 3rd.

Offense, offense, then give me those Utes in the 3rd.

Three huh?

Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Three huh?

Great movie moment lol

Love the suggestions of Burgess and Fotu. Both fill needs and are quality players.

Another I would suggest is CB J. Guidry. Undersized but athletic, fast and an interesting slot CB prospect. Most likely a 7th or UDFA.

Utes were really talented last year. Moss RB is likely selected 3rd rd? But defensively?

It was perplexing how they just got blown out their last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Love the suggestions of Burgess and Fotu. Both fill needs and are quality players.

Another I would suggest is CB J. Guidry. Undersized but athletic, fast and an interesting slot CB prospect. Most likely a 7th or UDFA.

Utes were really talented last year. Moss RB is likely selected 3rd rd? But defensively?

It was perplexing how they just got blown out their last two games.
    Ya that Oregon game crushed them. They had held 7 opponents under 14 up to that point and had a real shot at the playoff. One more quality win vs Oregon was all they needed.....then they got blown out and it crushed their will. The bowl game was embarrassing.

Lots of really good players on that team though. I'm not a Utah fan myself but they are the best team in the State so they are shoved down our throats Lol. That team was really impressive, I can't say enough about Tyler Huntley and his leadership. I really hope he gets a chance somewhere.

Jaylon Johnson is available and he is a guy I would be thrilled with. I didn't think there would be any shot he would be there at 46 but with some of these pass rushers and WRs still available, there is a chance he makes it to us. He would be a worthy trade up candidate as well.

Johnson, Burgess, Fotu, Anae- lots of good Utah defensive players available.

I think anae is gone today

If we took the 4 Utes today with our 4 picks, I would be happy

2nd- Jaylon Johnson
    3rd- Terrell Burgess
    3rd- Anae
    3rd- Leki Fotu

It would be legit

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    If we took the 4 Utes today with our 4 picks, I would be happy

2nd- Jaylon Johnson
    3rd- Terrell Burgess
    3rd- Anae
    3rd- Leki Fotu

It would be legit
    How about we add Zack Moss in the 4th and Guidry in the 7th? While we are at it we could change our logo, mascot, and move the team to Salt Lake.

On a serious note, I like Johnson, Fotu, and Burgess as well. Not an Anae fan but if we got those guys I would not be complaining other than the fact that I would prefer to get OL at some point in day 2.

Utah has produced some pretty good football players nobody can doubt that.

But Im looking for Hennessy today or maybe even Cleveland if John moves up. Speaking of Cleveland, Boise has produced some good O-linemen, Clady, Paradis and now Cleveland.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-24-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Anae was a really great player for the Utes. He was a consensus All American and plays with a high motor. I would love to see Fangio put him in that rotation.

I wouldn't be surprised if some team goes for Fotu sooner rather than later. If teams need help vs the run, he is a great addition.

Burgess is 100% my guy in this draft. I would be so happy with him in the 3rd. I dont know if he makes it to #77 but I can hope!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Burgess is 100% “my guy” in this draft. I would be so happy with him in the 3rd. I don’t know if he makes it to #77 but I can hope!!!
    So many safeties on the board. I am not sure round 2 will be a run on safeties but it might be. It would not surprise me if Burgess dropped to round 3, and he would be excellent value

Kind of interesting thought if they could select both Johnson and Burgess. Both talented in their own right but I wonder how much it would help with their development and impact because of their familiarity and comfort with each other as teammates.

As much as i would love to add Fotu, the other two picks today devoted to oline would be my preference. Bolsters the two weakest position groups left IMO.

Will say it again, after looking at the talent on that Utah team how did they stumble so dramatically at the end of the season.

Talent throughout. Isn't QB Huntly a late round pick too. Squandered opportunity.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 04-24-2020 at 11:04 AM.