Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    42

    OJ Howard expected to be traded.

    What do you think about 2 TE sets with Howard and Fant. We release Heurman. And trade our 4fh and Royce Freeman.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    15,134
    Is there a link to go with this? Why are they trading him? They just brought in a QB who LOVES throwing to TEs, it makes zero sense for them to trade him, their two TEs with that QB is what will make that offense go.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Is there a link to go with this? Why are they trading him? They just brought in a QB who LOVES throwing to TEs, it makes zero sense for them to trade him, their two TEs with that QB is what will make that offense go.
    Being reported by Michael Lombardi.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosohio87 View Post
    What do you think about 2 TE sets with Howard and Fant. We release Heurman. And trade our 4fh and Royce Freeman.
    Interesting thought as he has untapped potential, but there's not enough TE usage historically in Shurmurs offense. Lots of 3 wide sets.
    I think if we were going to approach a big set similar to this then the WR from Notre Dame would interesting. Seems like some teams are viewing him as that hybrid type.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Interesting thought as he has untapped potential, but there's not enough TE usage historically in Shurmurs offense. Lots of 3 wide sets.
    I think if we were going to approach a big set similar to this then the WR from Notre Dame would interesting. Seems like some teams are viewing him as that hybrid type.
    Yea. I seen that also. That majority of GMs picture him as a TE instead of a WR.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Is there a link to go with this? Why are they trading him? They just brought in a QB who LOVES throwing to TEs, it makes zero sense for them to trade him, their two TEs with that QB is what will make that offense go.
    I think it has something to do with rumors Gronk may sign with Tampa and be reunited with Brady. I'm not sure Gronk is a FA and it may require a trade,m in which case OJ may be involved in the trade.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    15,134
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I think it has something to do with rumors Gronk may sign with Tampa and be reunited with Brady. I'm not sure Gronk is a FA and it may require a trade,m in which case OJ may be involved in the trade.
    He's still under contract to the Patriots, and given their offense I'm not sure they'd want to give him away if he wanted to come back. They'd probably want Howard in exchange.

    I've also heard that Gronkowski has lost a lot of weight, so he'd need to do a lot of work to get back up to playing weight.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,196
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I think it has something to do with rumors Gronk may sign with Tampa and be reunited with Brady. I'm not sure Gronk is a FA and it may require a trade,m in which case OJ may be involved in the trade.
    But he's a wrestler!!!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    But he's a wrestler!!!

    Exactly. And he's been hitting the weights and is in good shape. There's talk he'd come back because of Brady and to be able to play with a "fun" coach like Arians.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosohio87 View Post
    Being reported by Michael Lombardi.
    It was probably coffee talk and Lombardi ran with it. If it were true that Gronk was serious about a return to pair with Brady, itís be huge news, right now itís coffee talk.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,562
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Exactly. And he's been hitting the weights and is in good shape. There's talk he'd come back because of Brady and to be able to play with a "fun" coach like Arians.
    what it takes to be a wrestler and nfl shape is different. the main thing is Arians offense isn't fun for a Tight end it is all about streching the field with talented playmakers

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    what it takes to be a wrestler and nfl shape is different. the main thing is Arians offense isn't fun for a Tight end it is all about streching the field with talented playmakers
    Of course it's different. And working out for wrestling is a lot different that sitting on the couch eating donuts and pizza. And playing for Arians is MUCH more fun than playing for Belichick. Are you trying to say that if Gronk went to Tampa that Brady wouldn't throw him the ball? I don't believe that for a second.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It was probably coffee talk and Lombardi ran with it. If it were true that Gronk was serious about a return to pair with Brady, itís be huge news, right now itís coffee talk.
    Itís not coffee talk. I have no idea where the Gronk info came from but itís being reported by multiple sources now that Howard will be traded.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,562
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Of course it's different. And working out for wrestling is a lot different that sitting on the couch eating donuts and pizza. And playing for Arians is MUCH more fun than playing for Belichick. Are you trying to say that if Gronk went to Tampa that Brady wouldn't throw him the ball? I don't believe that for a second.
    Tight end has never been a featured player in an Arians offense they are more blockers then anything. His scheme doesn't tend to fit te well. Honestly it does fit brady well and I expect a major drop off.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Tight end has never been a featured player in an Arians offense they are more blockers then anything. His scheme doesn't tend to fit te well. Honestly it does fit brady well and I expect a major drop off.
    You might be right. Arians hasn't worked with a QB this good well ever, but at least since Ben Roethlisberger. I think similar to Peyton Manning with Denver they may let Tom do some things out of the character of the normal offense to get success. Brady does use TE's and if Howard stays, with Brate, Tampa has 2 pretty good ones. It would kinda be a shame to not utilize them if that is a strength of your QB.

    But hey that is Tampa's problem not ours. I would take OJ Howard on our roster, I don't want to give much up for him though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •