Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Now way would I ever want to see OJ Howard in a Denver Broncos uniform. I drafted him like 2 times in FF only for him to flop like a Bad Habit, OJ cannot catch the Football and has fumbling issues I will say a Hard Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Tight end has never been a featured player in an Arians offense they are more blockers then anything. His scheme doesn't tend to fit te well. Honestly it does fit brady well and I expect a major drop off.
    Let's first go back to your earlier post. Can you please tell us what NFL players are in "football shape" right now? Surely for your point to be valid you should be able to make a big list. Did you think about this when replied or where you just looking for things you can criticize?

Also, it's a rumor, nothing more. Fitting Gronk into a scheme is secondary. The real issue is there's a number of things that would need to fall into place for it to happen, assuming it's even true. But IMO, when healthy Gronk was the best combo TE in NFL history. He can catch and block. If Brady wants him and Tampa gets him, Arians needs to tweak his offense.

Brady's strength has never been the deep ball and probably even less so now at his age. I have a feeling Arians will adjust for this and he will for Gronk too, if and when it's needed.

Do we have to whiff on a tight end every year? I was hoping we'd take a breather.

Quote Originally Posted by welderhead View Post
    Do we have to whiff on a tight end every year? I was hoping we'd take a breather.
    I would be comfortable taking a breather once we have more than one TE that isn’t made of glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosohio87 View Post
    I would be comfortable taking a breather once we have more than one TE that isn’t made of glass.
    Hold on, you want OJ Howard in order to get a TE that's not made of glass?!?!

You do know he finished both of his first two years on IR right? And he only played in 14 games last year right? In his first 3 seasons he's played in 38 of a possible 48 games.

He's the epitome of being made of glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Hold on, you want OJ Howard in order to get a TE that's not made of glass?!?!

You do know he finished both of his first two years on IR right? And he only played in 14 games last year right? In his first 3 seasons he's played in 38 of a possible 48 games.

He's the epitome of being made of glass.
    I think the “epitome” of being made of glass would be Jake Butt. Who has what been available to play 10 or 11 games in 3 years?

I think the “epitome” of being made of glass would be Jake Butt. Who has what been available to play 10 or 11 games in 3 years?
    I'm not arguing anything contrary to that. I'm just saying if the goal is to get TEs not made of glass, we shouldn't be trading for a TE that often injured and then hoping this is the year he stays healthy.

Subtract 10 or 11 from that number and you're pretty close!