Broncos Guard Dalton Risner Wants To Dominate In Year 2

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nate-in-year-2

Dalton Risner had a solid start to his NFL career, at least to everyone but him. Risner made the Pro Football Writers Association's All-Rookie Team in 2019, going from a second-round pick to one of the best of his class. That's not enough for the former Kansas State standout.

"I am not proud of that honor. People bring it up, and I try not to be rude. That's not what I am after," Risner told Denver 7's Troy Renck. "I want to just dominate. I thought I had a good year, but (bleep) Troy, I wasn't All-Pro. I wasn't in the Pro Bowl. That's not cool with me," "By no means did I dominate every single game. That's what I want to do -- put guys in the ground. I want to be an All-Pro for the Broncos. I don't want to play for anyone else. I want to be an All-Pro 10-plus years here. Some might say that's too lofty, but that's what I am after. I am not going to be satisfied until I am there."

If recent history proves to be the rule, Risner is on his way. The 2014 All-Rookie Team featured Zack Martin and Joel Bitonio at guard. Both have since been named All-Pros and have made the Pro Bowl since then, and are considered among the league's best interior linemen.

There is some room to make up, though. Since offensive line isn't exactly a position you can track with easily understandable statistics, we turn to Pro Football Focus, which gives us a yearly overall performance grade. Risner ranked as the league's No. 29 guard this season, just behind the likes of Andrew Norwell and Joe Dahl and slightly ahead of Ereck Flowers and Trai Turner. It's not a bad spot for a rookie, but he'll need to improve to get on the same track as that of a Martin or Bitonio.

Those two rock-solid blockers posted grades of 86.2 and 79.3 in their first seasons, and Martin has consistently stayed in that range throughout his career. Bitonio surprisingly enjoyed his best year as a rookie, though that was also Cleveland's best year in a half-decade filled with forgettable Sundays.

Team performance has something to do with it, so if the Broncos can fully determine Drew Lock is their guy and then solidify the rest of their offense from there, we should expect that grade to go up. Risner seems to think so, too.

"I think he has taken his offseason seriously. I know that Drew works hard, and I know he is passionate about his craft," Risner said. "I think he's the right guy to lead this organization and I am willing to stand by that whether I am right or wrong. I am sold that I am going to be right by that."

As for the domination and all that good stuff, well, we won't know until the ball is snapped.

~~~~~

This guy wants to be the best he can be. We are lucky we have him, and his career has barely begun! An O built around players like him, Lock, Lindsay, Gordon, Sutton, and likely a top tier rookie WR could be highly dangerous! If the Oline gels, I see no reason for anything but.

You can't get a better attitude than that! Colorado guy and wants to stay a Bronco his entire career, I hope its a long one too. Great pick by the Broncos.

Someone forward Ja'Wuan James Risner's article.

I absolutely love this kid's attitude. It is positive, contagious, and team oriented. So many people, including myself, settle for complacency in life instead of pushing through that and striving for greatness. John I hope you find more guys like this.

Man I'm so glad hes a Bronco!

Not overly impressed by the attitude.

Itís good that he doesnít appear complacent or resting on his laurels. However, I can do without the good isnít good enough response to the praise he earned. Accept the praise and move on to bigger things. Build off of what you did and keep getting better.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Not overly impressed by the attitude

Itís good that he doesnít appear complacent or resting on his laurels. However, I can do without the good isnít good enough response to the praise he earned. Accept the praise and move on to bigger things. Build off of what you did and keep getting better.
    I COMPLETELY disagree with you it is a dog eat dog world. Love the attitude he isn't an ice skater...

This is just the kind of attitude we need on the OL imo.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    This is just the kind of attitude we need on the OL imo.
    Agreed.MODS can we change thread title to spell his name right.RISNER not RINSER.We need an Oliner not a woman's hairdresser.LOL.

He is really growing fast on me. Love his attitude. A fan favorite!
    Ready for September there!

"Route 66" had a great rookie season. Loved seeing him pull and pave the way for "Taz"!
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus