Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Mad, Surprised or Happy if Denver goes WR in first AND second round?

If Denver ended up with Ruggs and Mims or Ruggs and Shenault, or Jeudy and Mims, etc., are you mad, surprised or happy?
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

I'd be surprised, but mildly happy. It's a talented WR class, so take full advantage. However, I'd rather see us go say Ruggs and trade up for Josh Jones

Id be annoyed. But I’m pretty sure John is smarter than that.

I would be upset. I would love going WR in the first, especially if we could get any of the top 3. Unfortunately, we have starting holes at CB and C, with secondary needs at OT, S, and NT. I’m all for grabbing our playmaking threat first, but we must use our 2nd round pick to address our other needs (especially with the talent at CB available in that round).

Can I be surprised and happy?

I would be thrilled with the offensive weapons but possibly shocked that Elway would choose WR in the 1st and 2nd rds.

One of the top 3 with Shenault and the current roster would be incredible. Broncos need to think points this season. That would likely do it.

I love the idea of a WR double dip but both that early would be stunning. I prefer taking Duvernay TX in 3rd or 4th .

I would be disappointed, it would be a horrible waste of resources. I have no problem with drafting two wideouts, but I think you go early (first or second) and then outside of too good to pass up value in the third you don't select another wideout till round 4.

There are too many holes, and the WR talent is too deep to use that much premium capital on the position.

Mad..............
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I would be mad it would be a mistake not to invest in the oline early and often 2 wr seems like a luxury

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I would be upset. I would love going WR in the first, especially if we could get any of the top 3. Unfortunately, we have starting holes at CB and C, with secondary needs at OT, S, and NT. I’m all for grabbing our playmaking threat first, but we must use our 2nd round pick to address our other needs (especially with the talent at CB available in that round).
    I tend to agree with you but it is not impossible to fill out those holes with the quality two 3rds , 4th and augmented by the later picks. I've messed around with enough mocks to make it happen. It is not ideal it but can be done. Especially with a couple of free agents to help out. Especially at CB and OT.

Assume they added those free agents. A average CB and swing OT. Nothing special but solid professionals that can do the job. If they choose to move up to #10. it takes the 3rd, if not it it will be a bonus in this scenario.

Then the draft went something like this as an example, you can change the players to your favorites in the respective areas. These are just my suggestions .
    1st- Ruggs (or Jeudy, Lamb)
    2nd- Shenault (or Hamler. Higgins, Aiyuk)
    3rd- CB Hall (or Dantzler, Burgess)
    3rd- OT - Wanogho (Hunt, Peart, Adams, Niang, Driscoll)- pick your favorite of remaining developmental, not day one starters.
    4th- C- Biadesz (Hennessy, Harris)
    5th- NT Fotu ( Williams, Windsor)

*** rest just random picks that I like in these ranges
    6th- Edge- Garvin (Muse S/LB, B.Jones DT, Heck OT, Samuels CB, Woodward ILB, Bernard ILB.)
    7th- Ojemudia CB, Guidry CB, Steele OT, Gilman S, Charles OT, Geleai DE
    7th- K. Tate QB
    Last edited by FR Tim; 04-16-2020 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I tend to agree with you but it is not impossible to fill out those holes with the quality two 3rds , 4th and augmented by the later picks. I've messed around with enough mocks to make it happen. It is not ideal it but can be done. Especially with a couple of free agents to help out. Especially at CB and OT.

Assume they added those free agents. A average CB and swing OT. Nothing special but solid professionals that can do the job. If they choose to move up to #10. it takes the 3rd, if not it it will be a bonus in this scenario.

Then the draft went something like this as an example, you can change the players to your favorites in the respective areas. These are just my suggestions .
    3rd- OT - Wanogho (Hunt, Peart, Adams, Niang, Driscoll)- pick your favorite of remaining developmental, not day one starters.

6th- Edge- Garvin (Muse S/LB, B.Jones DT, Heck OT, Samuels CB, Woodward ILB, Bernard ILB.)
    7th- K. Tate QB
    Those are pretty solid suggestions and would make for a good mock. I could see how taking two receivers first would work, while still addressing the other holes. I think it really comes down to if you believe that set of 2nd round WRs is better and worth taking over the available 2nd round CBs, OTs, etc... Those names you listed at WR are in my Tier 4 category of receivers, and they are some extremely-talented players. Perhaps those prospects are BPA at #46 as well. I don't think Hall or Dantzler are there at our 3rd round pick, but I like Amik Robertson a lot. I don't think Biadasz, Hennessy, or Harris are there in the 4th, but maybe one of them slips or we take a guard and slide Glasgow to center.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Not gonna say I’d be mad nor am I going to say I’d be thrilled but I would be moderately happy to think that would be an instant quality offense to compete with Kansas City‘s high scoring power.

However could we find a staring cornerback or a starting penetrating nose tackle later in the draft if we pass either up in the second round?

We need to add more defense but we also need to add more fire powers so this is a really tough question I wouldn’t be thrilled but I also wouldn’t be mad.

I would be unhappy for sure, because we have a number of needs, and using our first 2 selections for WRs is what I would describe as wasteful, and narrow to some degree. We have to consider Oline, CB, ILB, DT, and maybe even double up on one or more.

I actually think that a WR using our 2nd pick might be enough, but I certainly don't mind using a 1st to get a stud. And in that regard, I don't even like moving up too much for a WR. However if the gang in charge covets one of them, and we lose a 3rd at worst, that's their call.

Ideally (for me), we trade back, land Jefferson, add some currency; AND only if we fulfill other key needs, possibly add another WR with a 3rd. That's as far as I would go. But I think Jefferson would be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Those are pretty solid suggestions and would make for a good mock. I could see how taking two receivers first would work, while still addressing the other holes. I think it really comes down to if you believe that set of 2nd round WRs is better and worth taking over the available 2nd round CBs, OTs, etc... Those names you listed at WR are in my Tier 4 category of receivers, and they are some extremely-talented players. Perhaps those prospects are BPA at #46 as well. I don't think Hall or Dantzler are there at our 3rd round pick, but I like Amik Robertson a lot. I don't think Biadasz, Hennessy, or Harris are there in the 4th, but maybe one of them slips or we take a guard and slide Glasgow to center.
    This exercise was simply done to show two WRs can be taken 1st and 2nd rds and holes still get filled. Same can be done with taking OT, C, and CB then add the WRs.

Neither is perfect. Neither will fill every hole in the roster with elite talent. Different players likely chosen. Compromises need to be made.

Plus the most important factor of we have no clue as to Elway and Co’s plan or confidence in players and player groups. How do they prioritize “needs” compared to me and you.

Going to be interesting to see how they manage their picks and the draft in general. The players are there. Just depends on what options they choose.

Just choose right. No major busts in the draft or repeat of last year’s wasted free agent salary and the Broncos will be fine.

Even if they do the “unthinkable “ and take two WRs early. Not my favorite choice but damn it is fun to think about the offensive possibilities if Shurmur can be creative enough and Lock can distribute the ball to all the options. Could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

7th- K. Tate QB
    we would be lucky for it run like that Wanogho is probably a second round tackle and biadesz or hennessy forsure don't make it out of the third

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I'll be surprised if we go wideout in round one, and I'll probably be mad depending on how the board looks. If they went pass catcher in the first and second round, after talking a pass catcher last year in the first round, and pass catchers the year before in the second and fourth rounds, I'll be well and truly angry. It wont happen though.