Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 91 to 96 of 96
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,548
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    After today, I'll be able to finish studying this draft which is already pretty interesting. KJ Hamler in the second was a big surprise for me. When they picked Jeudy, I thought, "OK, he's pretty fast and elusive as an off WR." Now he's not even the fastest guy anymore. Fangio indicated he wanted more points, fired Scangarello and hired Shurmur who uses a lot of 11 personnel formations. Sutton, Fant and Lindsay have been joined by Gordon, Jeudy and Hamler. Here we go with Buzz Lightyear being directed by Star Command.

    Getting Cushenberry was a big deal, so now he'll line up between Risner and Glasgow. Now, if the Scarecrow (Bolles) can get a brain from the Wizard of Oz (Munchak), and if Ja'Wuan James can be fitted with an exoskeleton, we're all set. Lord help us if anything happens to the starting Tackles, although there are some good developmental guys still available today and in UDFA tomorrow.
    Any thoughts on Dalton kicking out to RT if needed? He has the experience, he has the length, and is a much improved technician after a year under the tutelage of Munch. 36 starts at RT...

    Just a random thought.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Probably the case with Ojemudia. He could turnout to be a great CB especially in Fangio’s defense.
    The more i read about Ojemudia the more i understand the pick. Fits the prototype of a Fangio CB in the zone scheme. Expect to see him earn a lot of playing time this year. Also turns out he was rated higher by teams then fans and analysts. Young man seems to fit the current philosophy of leadership and hard workers too.

    As for the Hamler pick. Did not like it at first. Not Hamler but the other options still on the board. I was as stunned as anyone. But after giving it some thought, I have changed my mind. Bold move by Elway that will likely get criticized for years as other preferred players excel even if Hamler and the Broncos offense improves.

    Adding this young mans play making ability to the other play makers says a lot about the direction the Broncos are heading. Similar to when Elway realized the defense needed an overhaul and he revamped it in a couple seasons. Hoping a same for next year's offense. The WR double dip, Gordon, even the James contract and last years draft of Lock, Fant and Risner.

    I've accepted the pick as a positive. Now lets see them prove it was the right move.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 04-25-2020 at 09:07 AM.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,927
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Any thoughts on Dalton kicking out to RT if needed? He has the experience, he has the length, and is a much improved technician after a year under the tutelage of Munch. 36 starts at RT...

    Just a random thought.
    I like Risner at LG. Juwan James is our best Tackle on this team.
    He tore his MCL in the season opener (losing his footing on the dirt saved him from more serious damage) and partially tore his meniscus against the Colts along with scar tissue in his MCL. Both of those injuries should heal with time.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,494
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Any thoughts on Dalton kicking out to RT if needed? He has the experience, he has the length, and is a much improved technician after a year under the tutelage of Munch. 36 starts at RT...

    Just a random thought.
    That's probably a contingency plan Munchak has in the event James has another non-season. If James can go, he's the RT. Question would be who starts at LG if Risner went to RT? Current candidates would be Schlottmann, Morris, Wilkinson, Jones and Falah. Denver might pick a couple of versatile O-Linemen by the end of the day, so there might be some more guys. Denver now has fourteen O-Linemen and they need at least fifteen for TC, if there will be a TC.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,548
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    That's probably a contingency plan Munchak has in the event James has another non-season. If James can go, he's the RT. Question would be who starts at LG if Risner went to RT? Current candidates would be Schlottmann, Morris, Wilkinson, Jones and Falah. Denver might pick a couple of versatile O-Linemen by the end of the day, so there might be some more guys. Denver now has fourteen O-Linemen and they need at least fifteen for TC, if there will be a TC.
    Ya, just as a contingency. I like Risner at LG, but if that is where the best depth is say, Cush, Morris, Glasgow on the interior if Dalto is needed outside. We have Wilkinson too.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,494
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Ya, just as a contingency. I like Risner at LG, but if that is where the best depth is say, Cush, Morris, Glasgow on the interior if Dalto is needed outside. We have Wilkinson too.
    Dalton did a lot of pulling last year, so we'll need to see if that's something he'll do in Shurmur's O. Don't know if Wilkinson is a good puller or not. LG usually ends up pulling more than RG.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •