Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    How bad of a player he is ? Please, quote me. I have discussed the play on the field, I have mentioned positives whenever talking about him, sorry it wasn't all 100% glowing. I just don't understand why we can't talk football without getting emotional, telling people to move on, get over it, you hate him, etc. Liking one player over another doesn't warrant hating a guy, or not liking them either like you just tried to say.
    I didnít think anybody was getting emotional, do you?
    I said you have made its clear you donít like Jeudy.
    I didnít say you were wrong, you have come out and said you like Mims better ( despite his drop problems). Why didnít you bring up Mims negativeís?

Lacks release quickness to slide past press jam
    Early push upfield is dull and lacks urgency
    Slow gather and break from a normal stride
    Routes lack focus and salesmanship
    Too tall into stems, with modest burst coming out
    Competitive nature is lacking in many phases
    Allows coverage to crowd routes and contest catches
    Needs to become more physical at the top of his route
    Despite size, gets bullied at the catch point
    History of drops and poor success rate on contested catches

Look if we pull down some good guys in Round 3 and the kid pans out, you'll all love it, patience, and by the way, I LOVE Juedy!

Not the way I would have gone but I think Hamler is the closest thing to Hill in this draft. He is seriously explosive. I wanted 2 WRs just didnít expect to go 1-2 WR.

I would rather invest in the OL and CB but I believe he brings excitement and explosiveness. I worry about his size but I hope it works out.

James Palmer
    @JamesPalmerTV

46m
    Interesting connection between KJ Hamler and the #Broncos. Denverís WR coach Zach Azzanni tried to recruit him to Tennessee when he was coaching there. Azzanni and Hamler have a great relationship with one another. Most likely played a role in the pick.

I would have preferred a starting CB or C over a #3 WR, but I do like the player. You can't say we lack offensive weapons now, that's for sure. Excited to see how it comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    If Denver ended up with Ruggs and Mims or Ruggs and Shenault, or Jeudy and Mims, etc., are you mad, surprised or happy?
    surprised ...
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Id be annoyed. But Iím pretty sure John is smarter than that.
    I'm not so sureGood thought OP
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Didnít like Hamler in the 2nd, not sure someone else wouldnít have taken him after though and we still got Cushenberry. He isnít a deep threat despite the speed but he does have incredible acceleration, and if he does get even with a CB, that CB is toast and Lock canít overthrow him even if he tries.

Iím not sure he dictates to a defense the same way Ruggs does but heíll be an incredible returner, gadget guy, and a guy that can take any short route to the house. And if teams do feel forced to leave a S over the top of the CB guarding him, that leaves Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, Gordon/Lindsay with great matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Didnít like Hamler in the 2nd, not sure someone else wouldnít have taken him after though and we still got Cushenberry. He isnít a deep threat despite the speed but he does have incredible acceleration, and if he does get even with a CB, that CB is toast and Lock canít overthrow him even if he tries.

Iím not sure he dictates to a defense the same way Ruggs does but heíll be an incredible returner, gadget guy, and a guy that can take any short route to the house. And if teams do feel forced to leave a S over the top of the CB guarding him, that leaves Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, Gordon/Lindsay with great matchups.
    Hamler definitely can be a deep threat. Good top speed+acceleration. He clocked in at 23 mph a few times in college last year he has special speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Hamler definitely can be a deep threat. Good top speed+acceleration. He clocked in at 23 mph a few times in college last year he has special speed.
    Only if he gets behind the defense, I have very little faith in him to come down with it in a contested situation

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Iím not sure he dictates to a defense the same way Ruggs does .
    But he doesn't NEED to, because we have both Sutton and Jeudy who DO. Having a guy with electrifying speed to complement those guys seems amazing. Who's the opposition going to focus on shutting down now? Hamler has the kind of speed that DCs need to gameplan for, and that alone will take attention away from Sutton/Jeudy/Fant.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I'm not so sureGood thought OP
    Indeed!

Was Hamler really the top rated player on our board? Seems odd to me, but time will tell

My take on it. I get what skronk is saying, but I agree with others.

True. He isn't a deep threat when the defense is keying on him like they were at PSU. I tell myself, now we have an Evans/Godwin or Jones/Ridley scenario going on with Sutton/Jeudy. He's a threat that has to be respected downfield when you have a QB like Drew Lock who can go downfield and do so outside the pocket. I've seen Hamler do impressive things on in cutting routes underneath and slants as well. If he gets into space, it's a major problem for the secondary. He's also an elite level screen game threat, IMO. So, given the roster makeup, I like him. Wouldn't have been my pick after JJ, but I can see us doing some really cool things next year under Shurmur.

I agree in that he's not as much of a T Hill type as Ruggs or Reagor, but there's no question in my mind that he can create space for Jeudy, Sutton, Fant, and even Gordon. We have a full compliment of weapons, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Well, here we are. Credit to you and this coming to fruition. I personally didn't think Elway would go this direction, but he did, and here we are. Disappointing but what can you do.
    Obviously nobody knows what Elway is thinking, but if I had to guess, I think he wanted Ruggs. I think if he had gotten Ruggs, we would have seen a much different pick in round 2. But since he didn't, he wasn't going to abandon his desire for speed, and Hamler is likely the next fastest WR in this draft. But seriously, there's no way to know why exactly this happened. I wonder who Fangio was pounding his home office desk for, because I can almost guarantee it wasn't KJ.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT