Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My mock draft

My mock draft

Given the effect of the coronavirus pandemic, and how it has altered the pre-draft process, I haven't been able to get a fairly accurate sense on the draft. I do believe that Elway will stick to the board, especially, with prospects he met with or talked to. I also believe, despite the talks about trading up, Elway will take a similar approach as he did last year.

That said, here we go.

At #15, I think the top WR, Wirfs and Wills are gone. I also think Kinlaw, Jefferson, Henderson and the OT Josh Jones is there. And we get a call from Minnesota who has needs at WR, DT and OL. So, we trade down.

Vikings get #15 & #118
    Broncos get #22, #58, & #205

#22. Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor- As much as I've considered OT, and even Javon Kinlaw, I truly believe that WR is our target in round one.

Another trade:
    Broncos get #33
    Bengals get #46, #95, & #178

#33. Ezra Cleveland, OL, Boise State- I know, there's a consensus that Ezra goes in the first round, but, I think he makes it to the second, like Dalton Risner did last year, due to some projecting him as an interior OL, while I think we view him as an eventual tackle.

#58. Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State- I've read in multiple reports that Dantzler and Kristian Fulton are high on the Broncos board. I think Fulton is going before this spot but we still get one of our top choices.

Here's the rest:

#77. Terrell Burgess, S, Utah

#83. Leki Fotu, DT, Utah

Go ahead, quote Joe Pesci....Two Utes.

#181. Joe Bachie, LB, Michigan State

#205. Derrek Tuszka, DE, North Dakota State

#252. Kindle Vildor, CB, Georgia Southern

#254. Cordel Iwuagwu, G, TCU

A couple of notes:

* I looked at another WR, but, I think that they have faith that Hamilton will improve in Shurmur's offense. Plus, I think they want to see how much progress Winfree makes. Of course, I could be wrong.

* I know there's an interest in QB Kevin Davidson from Princeton but I think he'll be a UDFA target.

* RB Ke'shawn Vaughn is a player I looked at in the later rounds, but with Lindsay and Gordon, as well as Freeman still on the roster, I don't think they will draft a RB. UFDA RB is more likely.

The later rounds are always unpredictable but this year, it's an even bigger mystery.

Well, there it is. Have at it!
    Last edited by sra84; 04-18-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Looks good.
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

I like it- good mix of positions of need.
    There are quite a few Utah players that I really like in this draft.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 04-18-2020 at 02:22 PM.

If Josh Jones is there at 33 in this scenario I’d rather take him. There’s a lot of buzz Cleveland will go in the first (Jones too). I just don’t see it with Cleveland probably a borderline starter in the NFL. Jones has potential to be really good at LT in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    If Josh Jones is there at 33 in this scenario I’d rather take him. There’s a lot of buzz Cleveland will go in the first (Jones too). I just don’t see it with Cleveland probably a borderline starter in the NFL. Jones has potential to be really good at LT in the NFL.
    I think Jones goes by the mid 20's. I would love to get Jones, and I wouldn't be disappointed if we took him in the first round. I just think that we're going to take a WR in round one.

Nice trade back for a WR with high upside. My preference is Jefferson, but I think he would go right before us to Philly at #21. Mims has all the tools to become a quality starting WR for our offense.

I like the idea of trading up in the 2nd round. Whether that be for an OT, C, or CB. If Cleveland is who Munchak really likes, I don’t see the harm in getting the guy that the HoF OL coach can make into the eventual Bolles replacement and future Pro Bowl OT.

Towards the bottom of the 2nd round, I think Dantzler and Hall will be available. I know Hall fits Fangio’s prototype— but I’m actually a lot higher on Dantzler. He’s lengthy and scheme versatile. He shut down the top receivers in the SEC (like Fulton) and I expect him to start right away. Love that pick, personally.

Burgess is underrated and is one of my favorite prospects for us to grab in the 3rd round. He has high football IQ and has the versatility to play nickel and safety. My player comp is Byron Jones.

Fotu is my favorite NT prospect, just ahead of Davon Hamilton and Benito Jones. Part of me thinks he falls to the 4th, but if Kollar likes him— we should go ahead and snag him at #83.

Overall, I would be very pleased with this draft. The only thing I would say is that we probably look into drafting a center or guard somewhat early, depending on how the board develops and where we want to play Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Nice trade back for a WR with high upside. My preference is Jefferson, but I think he would go right before us to Philly at #21. Mims has all the tools to become a quality starting WR for our offense.

I like the idea of trading up in the 2nd round. Whether that be for an OT, C, or CB. If Cleveland is who Munchak really likes, I don’t see the harm in getting the guy that the HoF OL coach can make into the eventual Bolles replacement and future Pro Bowl OT.

Towards the bottom of the 2nd round, I think Dantzler and Hall will be available. I know Hall fits Fangio’s prototype— but I’m actually a lot higher on Dantzler. He’s lengthy and scheme versatile. He shut down the top receivers in the SEC (like Fulton) and I expect him to start right away. Love that pick, personally.

Burgess is underrated and is one of my favorite prospects for us to grab in the 3rd round. He has high football IQ and has the versatility to play nickel and safety. My player comp is Byron Jones.

Fotu is my favorite NT prospect, just ahead of Davon Hamilton and Benito Jones. Part of me thinks he falls to the 4th, but if Kollar likes him— we should go ahead and snag him at #83.

Overall, I would be very pleased with this draft. The only thing I would say is that we probably look into drafting a center or guard somewhat early, depending on how the board develops and where we want to play Glasgow.
    Yeah, if we trade down past Philadelphia, I don't think Jefferson gets past them. He's one of their targets if they can't move up to get one of the top WR. And I was looking at Matt Hennessey, Robert Hunt and Shane Lemieux between the third and fourth rounds, but, I think Cleveland falls and I just think that the Broncos would like to go get him.
    Last edited by sra84; 04-18-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Well.....only one WR drafted, and one that is boom or bust. I don't see enough juice for the offence with this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Well.....only one WR drafted, and one that is boom or bust. I don't see enough juice for the offence with this draft.
    All the tools are already there, IMO. This is a great video breaking down Mims' tape.

Not enough juice? How about some Senior Bowl cookin' against some of the best DB prospects in this year's draft.

My only concern is his 9.3% drop rate. but that's nowhere near Jalen Reagor (13.0%) or KJ Hamler (16.9%).
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

While I don't think Mims is a boom or bust, I admit it's fair to say that another WR is a definite possibility. Two that could come to mind are UCF Gabriel Davis and Texas A&M Quartney Davis somewhere in the middle rounds. I just think that where they're ranked, there was better players available. I would love Michael Pittman or Devin Duvernay, but, I don't think they are on the Broncos radar. It's possible they could take a flier on a later round WR like they did with Winfree last year.

Cleveland will go end of the first slot like josh jones. I would not be surprised to see 7 its go first round in this draft. Also I think Cleveland put a rest to being projected as a interior oline after his super strong combine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Cleveland will go end of the first slot like josh jones. I would not be surprised to see 7 its go first round in this draft. Also I think Cleveland put a rest to being projected as a interior oline after his super strong combine.
    He very well may go in first. Wouldn't surprise me. But looking at the teams from 23-32, who could look at OT, Seattle and San Francisco are both looking to trade down. Of course, someone could trade up for him. Green Bay, who could look at OT, is probably going with a WR. They have next to nothing after Davante Adams. Miami and Tennessee haven't had any meetings or talks with Ezra, at least that I could find. And in an unusual pre-draft process, I think teams are going to try and stick with players that they met with. And Minnesota, who traded away Stefon Diggs, released Xavier Rhodes, and lost Everson Griffin, probably needs WR, CB and an edge rusher more than OT and there's bound to be a player at one of those positions at #25 that they covet more than Cleveland.

While it may be likely Cleveland goes in the first, I don't think him sliding to the second is impossible.

I may be reading a little too much into it, but, that's the fun of mock drafts.
    Last edited by sra84; 04-18-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks for all the feedback, folks.

The conversations around here are a nice distraction from everything going on. 5 days til the draft!! Can't wait!

Everyone stay safe and healthy!

Go Broncos!!

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    All the tools are already there, IMO. This is a great video breaking down Mims' tape.

Not enough juice? How about some Senior Bowl cookin' against some of the best DB prospects in this year's draft.

My only concern is his 9.3% drop rate. but that's nowhere near Jalen Reagor (13.0%) or KJ Hamler (16.9%).
    OK....pretty cool video.....nice breakdown. My best take away is where he blocked VERY well !! Very talented.....yes. Very athletic....yes. Excellent at the toe tapping on the side lines.
    I still think Henry Ruggs is what this offense truly needs.......but, if the brass is as sold on Mims as has been recently stated in some articles that I've been reading...........then so be it. I'd be highly supportive of the pick. I've read lately that we might take him @ 15. { Ruggs drop rate is what again ? }

OK....pretty cool video.....nice breakdown. My best take away is where he blocked VERY well !! Very talented.....yes. Very athletic....yes. Excellent at the toe tapping on the side lines.
    I still think Henry Ruggs is what this offense truly needs.......but, if the brass is as sold on Mims as has been recently stated in some articles that I've been reading...........then so be it. I'd be highly supportive of the pick. I've read lately that we might take him @ 15. { Ruggs drop rate is what again ? }
    I'm on the Ruggs train as well. I don't think Elway could go wrong with any of the top 5 WRs in the first round (Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Jefferson, Mims).

Ruggs' drop rate is 2.4%.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS