Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 283
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,994
    What I love is that Jeudy could absolutely be the high volume receiver we need to move the sticks consistently. Sutton is great as an intermediate/deep threat, commanding safety help up top. I think Jeudy could feast underneath and in the short game just like Antonio Brown.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,365
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Jeudy had 5 catches for 71 yards and a TD vs LSU
    Correct, and the 2 drop passes I mentioned which were on his one deep target, and another in the red zone which would been a touchdown. He did respond by making the touchdown catch the very next play however.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    10,031
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Correct, and the 2 drop passes I mentioned which were on his one deep target, and another in the red zone which would been a touchdown. He did respond by making the touchdown catch the very next play however.
    Kid looks like a great addition.

    Who would you have taken at 15?

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ft. Lewis, Washington
    Posts
    3,558
    So excited. Would love a trade up or another WR( I know I'm in the slim margin here) and get a deep threat like a Hamler or Mims still available. Would complete our WR core for the next 3-5years. Would be nice.
    New England Patriots GM

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Just watched Jeudy play against LSU in 2019, every snap from one of his match ups. Jeudy got one target on a deep post which would of been a huge chunk play but dropped it. Got a target in the red area as well where he just drops a touchdown. Not a great first impression, but you can see the agility and route running on full display on both plays, he is very smooth.
    Curious if you also went back and watched all of your favorite tackles you wanted instead of WR give up sacks and miss blocks.

    They all have bad games. You found Jeudys’

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    For all the smoke and rumors that the Eagles are throwing around, I hope there’s a run on receivers and they have no choice but to draft Jalen Reagor with his 16.4% drop rate.
    LOL Eagles

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,365
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Kid looks like a great addition.

    Who would you have taken at 15?
    I would of traded down if possible, no one really had be that excited at 15, and value wise I didn't really see anyone jumping off the screen. Again though, I didn't know much about the wide receivers in the draft at all, and consensus was they were great value.

    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Curious if you also went back and watched all of your favorite tackles you wanted instead of WR give up sacks and miss blocks.

    They all have bad games. You found Jeudys’
    I watched the tackles play coming in, and I said multiple times I hadn't watched any receivers play. So as I said, it was the first game of his I went and watched, and I told a couple of facts about what I seen.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ft. Lewis, Washington
    Posts
    3,558
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I would of traded down if possible, no one really had be that excited at 15, and value wise I didn't really see anyone jumping off the screen. Again though, I didn't know much about the wide receivers in the draft at all, and consensus was they were great value.



    I watched the tackles play coming in, and I said multiple times I hadn't watched any receivers play. So as I said, it was the first game of his I went and watched, and I told a couple of facts about what I seen.
    I agree. When I was sitting there waiting on pick, I wanted a trade down. But not because of better T or DB or LB on the spot....but simply for so much WR talent later. Trading down might have landed us another lottery pick, but this was a smart move none the less. We took need, value and a possible game changer. Does he lack concentration and ability to snag the under duress...sure. But I like to think on third down conversions he won't be the first read on drawn up plays unless it is a one cut and stick pattern. If it is a one read...it is probably going to Sutton. Jeudy allows for more of a extended play and deep ball...granted we need OT to get this ideal accomplished....but that wasn't coming with any tackle on board at time and he was best route runner in this class...BY FAR. Overall, I like to think we weren't actually considering a trade up for him...but him landing in our laps at 15 is a pretty solid grab, especially with the top 4 Tackles off board. If it was trade down I wanted Cesar Ruiz...but he actually went sooner than expected and don't think anyone trading down with us would have allowed him to get to us. So I think this was the best move.
    Last edited by Gbt31; 04-23-2020 at 11:50 PM.
    New England Patriots GM

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Way far away.
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    According to the results on the field, and the clear weak link the group has remained, do you watch the games ? Also, the constant moves Elway keeps making amongst the group to try and fix it kind of hints that maybe, just maybe, they are not every good and the recent moves have not worked. But hey, maybe you do keep spending huge money year after year after year to fix things which were already been fixed prior, I don't know.

    Also, I know Clady was inherited, but he has been one of our best guys so I was pointing out that Elway didn't pick him up as a free agent in case you thought maybe he was. Also yes, Vasquez had a year before he turned to a turnstile, and Mathis was rated well by Pro Football Focus, but that doesn't mean much to me, or the NFL actually, as evident by the NFL transaction wire over time. And I know what you are going to say in response to my next point, but I am going to make it anyway.

    Pro Football Focus and their rating system for offensive lineman is not accurately reflected on the NFL transaction wire, time and time again. Pro Football Focus produce a lot of great statistics which provide great insights, but the overall grading system is not one of them, and that is why it is often questioned. For example, right here, you use Evan Mathias and his PFF rating to say he was one of our best offensive lineman in his time here, I actually thought he was very mediocre in 2015 and I was very happy he wasn't brought back.

    But, for a guy who rated out as the second best offensive line free agent in 2015, and the 7th best overall free agent, he played so well he received a one year 4 million dollar contract in 2016. The NFL watches everything, they see everything, do you think if Mathias was as good as Pro Football Focus rated him as, he would of received that contract ? No, but he was old, but at the same time guys like Andrew Whiteworth who were actually performing were signing double digit yearly deals, it doesn't add up. And you know who was rated ahead of Mathias as the top free agent offensive lineman ? Richie Incognito, you know how much he made the following year ? 5.5 Million.

    I also don't think Elway lets one of the top rated offensive lineman in the NFL leave for a one year deal for 4 million annually without offering him a contract. Does that make sense to you ? You may not take that as meaning anything, but the often questioned overall ratings for offensive line, they are questioned for good reason. The NFL transaction history shows that either the NFL has it wrong, or Pro Football Focus have it wrong, I know whose opinion demonstrated through their actions I believe.
    You're hilarious. You wrote ALL of that to disagree with an opinion that ultimately gets us to the same place. Neither of us think Elway drafts the position (OT) well, but you simply can't let it go if someone has a variance that you just don't agree with. Whatever you say buddy, whatever you say. I personally think Mathis' contract following 2015 was because of his age. And your argument about Elway letting him walk? Elway lets everyone walk who doesn't bend to his will. Jackson, Trevathan, Harris......all examples. Jackson and Trevathan were in their prime, and he let them walk.

    Also, you didn't think I knew when Ryan Clady was drafted?
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    28
    Happy Birthday Jerry, and welcome to the best NFL team in existence!

    Happy Early X-mas present Drew

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,634
    Crazy, Jeudy was the guy I wanted all along. What a great pick.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    You're hilarious. You wrote ALL of that to disagree with an opinion that ultimately gets us to the same place. Neither of us think Elway drafts the position (OT) well, but you simply can't let it go if someone has a variance that you just don't agree with. Whatever you say buddy, whatever you say. I personally think Mathis' contract following 2015 was because of his age. And your argument about Elway letting him walk? Elway lets everyone walk who doesn't bend to his will. Jackson, Trevathan, Harris......all examples. Jackson and Trevathan were in their prime, and he let them walk.

    Also, you didn't think I knew when Ryan Clady was drafted?
    This is a forum, for discussion, and it was me trying to have a conversation on the validity of Pro Football Focus when it comes to offensive lineman, and how their ratings really don't line up with what the NFL does. That is what that post is about, and I guess you have no opinion on the points I made ? On Elway, do you think that Elway didn't make a competitive offer of 4 million or so dollars for one of the best guards in the NFL ? Which if you put stock into the PFF rating that is exactly what Mathis was after 2015, arguably the best at his position. And on the age argument, seen that one coming, but doesn't make sense when as stated other guys of similar age were signing much larger extensions.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,665
    I couldn't be more excited about this.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,731
    Waking up this morning and wandering how the heck did we get away with that robbery?!?!? I still am in shock that we get the best wide receiver in the draft without having to give up a dime to get him!!

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,193
    Such a great pick for our offense. I didn't think there would be any way Gruden would pass on Jeudy, but here we are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •