Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Iíve thought throughout this whole process that he is a (black) Adam Theilen clone, and will be used as such in our offense.

Here are some clips of Theilen when he was last coached by Shurmur.

https://youtu.be/uCSftdak-xA
    Theilen was the high volume receiver in Shurmurís offense and I think Jeudy can have similar production and usage. That makes me wonder how Sutton factors into this, because I donít think Shurmur has had a receiver with his size and unique abilities before. I think Sutton will be used more as a deep threat, seeing how he consistently got separation downfield last season.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Let's slow our roll with comparing him to one of the best WR. Right now he's closer to Calvin Ridley than Marvin Harrison. There are reasons he fell to #15.
    How do you feel they compare to the reasons that Harrison fell to #19?
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Wow I havenít seen you around in close to a decade. How are you doing man? Itís been a long time I hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Wow I haven’t seen you around in close to a decade. How are you doing man? It’s been a long time I hope all is well.
    :wave: Doing rather well, thanks! You?

Close to a decade... that's depressing, but not that far off, I guess. I try to pop in when I think of it, but it's not often enough, to be sure.

Things like getting a guy like Jeudy make it easier to remember to come around.

Edit: What, no wave smiley?
    Thanks, Reid!

I actually see Jeudy being closer to Chad Johnson in player comp. Same height, both phenomenal route runners with great footwork. However, Jeudy is faster and weighs slightly more. I don't understand how people (Skip Bayless) can say that Jeudy can only be a premier #2 receiver when Chad Johnson was clearly a premier #1 receiver for a good while. Not to mention that Johnson was still able to separate from defenders in an era where the rules were more lenient towards defenders than it currently is. I think Jeudy, barring injury will out perform Sutton in every category except touchdowns and Avg. That's not a Knock on Courtland either, I see him as a legit premier #1 receiver as well. I think they both go for 1,000 yards this year.

What an exciting time to be a Bronco fan!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Close to a decade... that's depressing, but not that far off, I guess. I try to pop in when I think of it, but it's not often enough, to be sure.

Whattup LT?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Whattup LT?
    Whatup, AW4M?! Not much here... just a bit of afterglow from last night.

Thoughts on Jeudy?
    Thanks, Reid!

Guys always develop from all spots. However, prime Marvin Harrison and draftee Marvin Harrison are different guys too. All I'm saying let's slow expectations a tad.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    No one wants to give a conceived negative comparison, even though Ridley has been good as second option. Iíd be happy with 800 yards and 10 TDs for a rookie.
    As a rookie WR that's not a bad thing. However, if we are expecting Marvin Harrison on the field, we are going to be disappointed.

Guys always develop from all spots. However, prime Marvin Harrison and draftee Marvin Harrison are different guys too. All I'm saying let's slow expectations a tad.
    Yeah itís quite the projection for a rookie. This hyperbole isnít unwarranted, but we should all be realistic with Jeudy and ourselves in terms of his skill set and fit in Shurmurís ďWest Coast on steroidsĒ offense.

With that being said, I think Jerry Jeudy is Jerry Rice and would be in Canton without playing a single down in the NFL (I kid ). I think the Ridley comp is fair. Both are extremely-talented technicians and well-polished coming into the pros. I think Jeudy is more explosive and plays with more speed and suddenness.While Ridley does a bit of everything effortlessly and is incredibly smooth. Whatís interesting is that NFL.com compared Amari Cooper and Ridley to Marvin Harrison, while Jeudy was compared to Santonio Holmes. I personally think he plays like a taller AB. I know that doesnít help with these over-exaggerations, but thatís how advanced and technical Jeudyís route running isó combined with his toughness and natural hands.

Iíve been good outside the lockdown and Covid-19 like everyone else. Time really flies fast itís always great to see old face stop by from time to time. Yes very happy and ecstatic with Jerry Jeudy pick itís a player I really wanted so happy to draft him at #15 without having to trade up.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Theilen was the high volume receiver in Shurmur’s offense and I think Jeudy can have similar production and usage. That makes me wonder how Sutton factors into this, because I don’t think Shurmur has had a receiver with his size and unique abilities before. I think Sutton will be used more as a deep threat, seeing how he consistently got separation downfield last season.
    Shurmur brought in Josh Gordon. I do not think Sutton is as talented, but yes Sutton may very well be used more deep (he does a great job drawing penalties too) and Jeudy is the high volume guy.

High target guys for Shurmur are Slot - TE - RB

Blurb on Jeudy:

"My computer vision measurements show that his explosiveness off the line of scrimmage was faster than Ruggs when measured at game speed from Alabama footage last season. Forecasting his usage alongside Courtland Sutton -- at first blush, this likely means Jeudy will line up more often in the slot -- helps optimize the pass-game opportunity for quarterback Drew Lock in his second season. Jeudy should feel at home in that alignment, as he ran 207 routes (58.8 percent) out of the slot in college last year, catching 47 passes and 7 TDs on 64 targets, per PFF."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...witter_nfl_cfb
    Last edited by MHSalute; 04-24-2020 at 11:40 AM.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Jerry "is it cold in Denver?" Jeudy.

Love the pick though.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

As a rookie WR that's not a bad thing. However, if we are expecting Marvin Harrison on the field, we are going to be disappointed.
    Marvin Harrison with Peyton Manning or just Marvin Harrison?

The comparisons are fun to read thanks everyone.

If he works on his strength like he and many other say I wonder if that will allow us to compare him to another player