Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

I'm all in Jerry Jeudy

Talk is the Broncos might be looking to trade up with Cleveland. I believe there is only one guy that that could possibly be at 10 - Jerry Jeudy.

I've ramped up my reading while watching more tape on Jeudy...after reading about this kid and his story I'm completely sold.

Check this article out:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/01/je...of-david-chain

Jeudy could be the next Jerry (Rice). He is like Antonio Brown without the baggage.

I say we trade up with Browns (3rd and 4th should do it). Take Jeudy and make him our slot receiver. In the 5th round or later draft a speedy receiver who can play outside that can command a safety over the top.

There will be no more double teaming Sutton. Fant and Jeudy work the middle.

As Tua said " if it’s a timing route, I see Jerry break his man off so bad and I’m like, ‘Oh my gosh, I’m going to punt the ball to you because you’re so wide open.'”

If we want to be a top offense, Jeudy seems the most surefire way to get there.
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

You and I both. If I had to guess, I think we try to trade up for him. Now, that trade may fall though, but if he's still on the board at 9, 10, 11, we will be hammering the phone lines.

Fantastic read. You can tell Jeudy fits the high character mold that our FO has been emphasizing with the last two drafts. His outstanding preparation and close attention to film study is what will make him great in the NFL.

I’ve been spending a majority of the past few days studying Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, and even Jefferson. Each player offers a different elite skill, and I’d be more than happy if we walked away with any one of them in the 1st round. But the more I think about these blue chip WR prospects, the more I am convinced Jeudy is THE guy for us in the Mile High.

Jeudy’s extraordinary route running talents will enable him to contribute early as a starter for our offense. With a young QB like Lock, nothing helps more than to have a reliable receiver who gets to the correct spots at the right times. In addition to his uncanny ability to get open, Jeudy has the dynamic athleticism and mind-blowing short area quickness to attack all 3 levels of the field. In other words, he’s a tremendous fit in new OC Pat Shurmur’s offense— which has been described as a “West Coast offense on steroids”. Receivers who were known as great route runners have been highly productive in Shurmur’s system (Maclin, Thielen, OBJ, etc.).

Jeudy is #5 on my Big Board and has been my WR1 all year long. I’m more than happy to trade up to picks 9-13 to get Jeudy in the Orange & Blue.

I hope so myself- Jeudy is ready to step in and catch 80+ balls in year one. He is a great fit for any offense, but his route running and ability to separate even on short routes would be such a great benefit for Lock.

There are some guys I would love because I feel they are really undervalued- mainly Shenault, Pittman, Johnson- but Jeudy is the prize of the WR group.

Here! Here! Top 5 talent, best route runner in a long time. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Makes sense from a talent and need perspective. Woody also called the team' high interest in Fant, Lock, and trading down last year. He's had several decades of friendship with John Elway, so I'd say he's as connected as any.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Fantastic read. You can tell Jeudy fits the high character mold that our FO has been emphasizing with the last two drafts. His outstanding preparation and close attention to film study is what will make him great in the NFL.

I’ve been spending a majority of the past few days studying Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, and even Jefferson. Each player offers a different elite skill, and I’d be more than happy if we walked away with any one of them in the 1st round. But the more I think about these blue chip WR prospects, the more I am convinced Jeudy is THE guy for us in the Mile High.

Jeudy’s extraordinary route running talents will enable him to contribute early as a starter for our offense. With a young QB like Lock, nothing helps more than to have a reliable receiver who gets to the correct spots at the right times. In addition to his uncanny ability to get open, Jeudy has the dynamic athleticism and mind-blowing short area quickness to attack all 3 levels of the field. In other words, he’s a tremendous fit in new OC Pat Shurmur’s offense— which has been described as a “West Coast offense on steroids”. Receivers who were known as great route runners have been highly productive in Shurmur’s system (Maclin, Thielen, OBJ, etc.).

Jeudy is #5 on my Big Board and has been my WR1 all year long. I’m more than happy to trade up to picks 9-13 to get Jeudy in the Orange & Blue.
    Awesome points. I think after reading that article what excites me most is how his work ethic and studious ways become contagious with other teammates. Jeudy is a big reason why Ruggs route running has improved vastly. His early hiccups forced him to turn into a player that gave his all on every play (especially on plays when the ball wasn't coming to him, something that I admired with Emmanuel S. for many years with us). Top offenses are full of players who sell every play and snap with purpose.

Can you imagine what his influence would be with our other receivers? Noah fant? Fant right now is a talented Aaron Hernandez like player, but he could be a Kelce on steroids if his route running was a fraction of Jeudys.

I will take leaders with this kind of work ethic any day to influence the rest of our players.
    Diva free and selfless, yet still wanting to go down as one of the greats... Sign me up.
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

This explains the rumors of trading up to 10, so we can move past Oakland and take him. Part of me hopes its a smoke screen that will make the Raiders use resources to trade up. I don’t like the idea of giving that much to take a wr.

Moving up to 10 doesn’t guarantee Jeudy. But it insures the Broncos get one of the top 3 WRs. Is that enough to use the assets to move up to #10 ?

I would be thrilled with any of Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb. IMO they are lumped together closely. All have specific areas they excel that can be argued they are “the best” fit. Love the background story on Jeudy. Not sure there is a bad choice among the three.

After that there are still some excellent WR choices to settle on later. If they choose that option. Tough call.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 04-19-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Jeudy is my 3rd of the big 3. At the end of the day I would be content with the move. I'd also like to see us add KJ Hamler in the 3rd as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Jeudy is my 3rd of the big 3. At the end of the day I would be content with the move. I'd also like to see us add KJ Hamler in the 3rd as well.
    Hamler would be exciting to add. Just not seeing another WR added in the 3rd. Especially if they have to use one to move up to get Jeudy. ( or Ruggs, Lamb)

I tend to like the idea of filling some needs in rds 2-3. Then select a complimentary WR in 4th/5th. Some I like would be Duvernay, Proche or Hightower. But there a few others in that range too.

Key is to get that elite WR in the 1st or early 2nd at the latest. Majority of the later rd WRs are complimentary at best. It’s like wanting steak and potatoes but just ordering the potatoes. Or getting the frosting w/ o the cake. Just not the same.

I wonder how much Truth their is to Woodys thoughts? Or just a smoke screen!? If it’s the truth I’m sure John isn’t happy with the leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    This explains the rumors of trading up to 10, so we can move past Oakland and take him. Part of me hopes its a smoke screen that will make the Raiders use resources to trade up. I don’t like the idea of giving that much to take a wr.
    I would hate giving up a 2nd round pick to move up. If we can get away with giving up a 3rd and a 5th (or a 2021 4th), I’d be happy with that. Of course, we have to factor in what a team like LV or even PHI might bid to move up as well.

With that being said, I think LV is more than content to stay put and take CeeDee Lamb, who I envision is absolutely the type of player that Mike Mayock covets.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMoss View Post
    Awesome points. I think after reading that article what excites me most is how his work ethic and studious ways become contagious with other teammates. Jeudy is a big reason why Ruggs route running has improved vastly. His early hiccups forced him to turn into a player that gave his all on every play (especially on plays when the ball wasn't coming to him, something that I admired with Emmanuel S. for many years with us). Top offenses are full of players who sell every play and snap with purpose.

Can you imagine what his influence would be with our other receivers? Noah fant? Fant right now is a talented Aaron Hernandez like player, but he could be a Kelce on steroids if his route running was a fraction of Jeudys.

I will take leaders with this kind of work ethic any day to influence the rest of our players.
    Diva free and selfless, yet still wanting to go down as one of the greats... Sign me up.
    Being a consummate pro that elevates the play of those around them is the mark of an NFL great. Jeudy is obviously not Larry Fitzgerald or Emmanuel Sanders yet, but the mental makeup and athletic gifts are 100% there. I would like to see just a little more “dog” in his game and a bit more overall tenacity— but he gets it done over the middle and can be hard-nosed with the ball in his hands (see the screen he took for a TD against Duke).

Jeudy for sure could help with Fant’s nuances in route running. I need to go back and see how Shurmur used Evan Engram in particular, but I could envision that Fant would take a huge step forward in his development with better route running in general. Fant has Pro Bowl potential written all over him.

It’s the selflessness that makes me admire the Alabama receivers. All of them (Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith, Waddle) could be 100+ reception, 1000+ yard WRs at virtually any other school in the country. But they put the team first and made plays when their name was called upon. They maximized their opportunities— with Jeudy scoring 24 TDs in his last 28 games and Ruggs scoring a TD in about 1 in 4 touches. Insane.