Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Winning a game trumps any other stat
    True, and getting back to the topic I canít wait to see Jeudy make plays.

Joey Bosa and Ingram are pretty good pass rushers and we shut them out.

The Lions were really bad and we shut them out too.

Houston had 1 sack
    KC had 2 sacks ( Tyran Mathieu had one on a blitz)
    Raiders had 2 sacks ( 1.5 from Crosby who was a good pass rusher all year.

You can take from this what you want. Our oline improved last year, and had some highs and lows. Worst game was the 9 sack game vs KC ( we improved by only allowing 2 in the rematch)
    I was surprised when we only allowed 2 to an elite Bears defense in week 2.

The last 5 games allowing an avg. of a sack a game gives me hope going into 2020. We get possible upgrades at C, RG and RT.
    I know youíre referring to new players (+James), but throw LT and LG in there, assuming Mike Munchak does what he does. If everybody stays healthy and Bolles and Risner both take a step forward (for Bolles, just cutting the holding penalties) then we will have ourselves a line.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Not entirely true. Against the SEC Jeudy only scored a touchdown in 1 game as a senior. He also only went over 100 yards twice in 7 SEC match ups. There was a clear difference in impact when Jeudy played against SEC teams and non-SEC teams. As a senior against SEC teams Jeudy averaged 5.7 catches, for 69 yards, and 0.28 touchdowns per game. Against non SEC teams he averaged 6.1 catches, for a 112 yards, and 1.3 touchdowns per game.

The narrative that his feet and ability to cut and run great routes is there for a reason. But the narrative about him needing to bulk up to beat physical corners is also there for a reason.
    Jeudy also had 793 yards (99 ypg) and 7 touchdowns (just shy of one per game) in 2018. This season he was legitimately given more respect consistently by defenses, and Devonta Smith was the primary beneficiary as he led the team in most statistical categories,

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Jeudy also had 793 yards (99 ypg) and 7 touchdowns (just shy of one per game) in 2018. This season he was legitimately given more respect consistently by defenses, and Devonta Smith was the primary beneficiary as he led the team in most statistical categories,
    Yeah I did mention the better production as a junior in my next post, I didn't notice extra attention though. Hard to say if that was why he dipped in production against the SEC or not, but a safe bet could be made that it was potentially why. You can also potentially see it the other way though. Because with Smith, Jeudy, and Ruggs all on the same field, defenses couldn't double everyone.

Terrific breakdown on Jeudy's route running. One of my favorites I've seen so far.

2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Great breakdown. Thanks for posting. Pretty excited to see Jeudy on the field with Sutton. Lock should have the weapons now we just need to hope he progresses AND the line holds up. I still worry about the tackles, especially in case of an injury.

I think Elway has to be looking at the free agent tackle market, he has to. I'm not just saying that because I don't like Bolles as a player, but because we have James who is a walking injury waiting to happen, and Wilkerson who in a pass first offense will get the quarterback killed. Elway has shown a willingness to add free agent lineman in this period to come in and play significant snaps, so hoping to see another veteran body added.

Joey Bosa and Ingram are pretty good pass rushers and we shut them out.

The Lions were really bad and we shut them out too.

Houston had 1 sack
    KC had 2 sacks ( Tyran Mathieu had one on a blitz)
    Raiders had 2 sacks ( 1.5 from Crosby who was a good pass rusher all year.

You can take from this what you want. Our oline improved last year, and had some highs and lows. Worst game was the 9 sack game vs KC ( we improved by only allowing 2 in the rematch)
    I was surprised when we only allowed 2 to an elite Bears defense in week 2.

The last 5 games allowing an avg. of a sack a game gives me hope going into 2020. We get possible upgrades at C, RG and RT.
    Bosa and Ingram werenít as effective in 2019 getting to the quarterback. Bosa doesnít seem to be quite as good after recovering from injury.

When looking at the average pass yards per play there was a fairly good difference in the games with Flacco. We know Scangarello was trying to run plays with Flacco he wasnít capable of, some of the bootlegs for example.

I think it was more a matter of Lockís mobility and play calls to get the ball out early vs line improving. Not to say there wasnít some improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Bosa and Ingram werenít as effective in 2019 getting to the quarterback. Bosa doesnít seem to be quite as good after recovering from injury.

When looking at the average pass yards per play there was a fairly good difference in the games with Flacco. We know Scangarello was trying to run plays with Flacco he wasnít capable of, some of the bootlegs for example.

I think it was more a matter of Lockís mobility and play calls to get the ball out early vs line improving. Not to say there wasnít some improvement.
    Itís a small sample size for Lock, he made the line look better and some of of receivers, most notably Hamilton who had 11 receptions and a td during the 5 game stretch.
    Bolles played better but it was clear the offense was better with Locks mobility and ability to improvise. Apparently the team also had Risner and McGovern all slide towards Bolles to help protect him. Something defenses will probably exploit once they figure it out.
    I donít get why we havenít added at least one Tackle to compete with Bolles, and Wilkinson at LT. Then again Elway stuck with Schofield in 2015 even after he gave up 4 sacks in a game. Thatís teams tackle situation was also bad Harris & Polumbus (off the couch, i think we slid Vasquez out to RT for a game, which wasnít good, and Schofield who allowed 4 sacks against Mack, and I believe 3 sacks in the SB.

After seeing the caliber of talent we picked up for offense this season I just can't help but think ......................and wonder what's going on in Flacco's head watching this
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    After seeing the caliber of talent we picked up for offense this season I just can't help but think ......................and wonder what's going on in Flacco's head watching this
    Iíve had the same thoughts about Scangarello.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I’ve had the same thoughts about Scangarello.
    Oh well, he should of never had the job in the first place. Thinnest resume I have seen get someone a promotion in a while, next to Elways other great choice Mr. Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Oh well, he should of never had the job in the first place. Thinnest resume I have seen get someone a promotion in a while, next to Elways other great choice Mr. Joseph.
    Hahaha, as I was reading your statement I was thinking...not true, not true....because of Vance...oh nevermind he got it.
    New England Patriots GM

Looks like Vegas may be ďall in for Jeudy ď too.

Just saw the first round of rookie prop bets. Jeudy leads the way with highest expectations of all the rookie WRs.

Season yards at 824 and TDs at 5.5.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Looks like Vegas may be ďall in for Jeudy ď too.

Just saw the first round of rookie prop bets. Jeudy leads the way with highest expectations of all the rookie WRs.

Season yards at 824 and TDs at 5.5.
    That was my predication after he was drafted, Calvin Ridley type production straight off the bat, will help immediately.