• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyousukeneko
    Football Immortal
    • May 2010

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Looks like Vegas may be “all in for Jeudy “ too.

Just saw the first round of rookie prop bets. Jeudy leads the way with highest expectations of all the rookie WRs.

Season yards at 824 and TDs at 5.5.
    I would not be surprised to see both him and sutton hit over 1k yards
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• WYBRONCO
      Football Immortal
      • May 2016

I would take 800 yds and 5-6 TD's from Jeudy. Rookie Wr's do often struggle, they just don't see the level of NFL Defense in college.

No one stopped this man last year in College. As long as he comes to work and puts in time and effort he should be fine.

Comment

• Banner29
        Practice Squad
        • Feb 2020

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        That was my predication after he was drafted, Calvin Ridley type production straight off the bat, will help immediately.
        And his numbers aside, what he will do to help Sutton and Hamler will be extremely beneficial.

He will most surely help the offense greatly even when he isn’t touching the ball

Comment

• beastlyskronk
          Football Immortal
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
          Looks like Vegas may be “all in for Jeudy “ too.

Just saw the first round of rookie prop bets. Jeudy leads the way with highest expectations of all the rookie WRs.

Season yards at 824 and TDs at 5.5.
          I think that’s a solid projection. He can really be all over the map though. If he struggles adjusting to quality press coverage he may not get that high. If he shows that he can beat it he may blow those numbers out the water. This offense now has a lot of mouths to feed though and a ton of variety in potential personnel packages. There will probably be a few packages where he’s not even on the field. Lindsay, Gordon, Fant, Sutton, and Albert O is one such package that I think has the potential to really flip defenses on their heads trying to figure out how to defend it. Hamler will likely have his own special package of plays designed to get him in space as well. And Sutton has to get his looks because he’s open even when he isn’t. Plus we have 2 RBs that need to run the ball.

Jeudy will make the most of his touches for sure though.

Comment

• Hadez
            Football Immortal
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
            Terrific breakdown on Jeudy's route running. One of my favorites I've seen so far.

When I watch videos like this about his route running ability I think the only question about Jeudy's ability to be successful is can Lock also be on the same page with those routes.
            What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
            effort x talent = skill
            effort x skill = achievement
            How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• MarshallMoss
              Special Teams
              • Sep 2007

Bored out of my mind. I'm sure hoping football is played this season.

Read an article about Jeudy training for the 40 at the combine. Jeudy wanted to run a 4.3, he said he ran a 4.4 right when he first started training. I really liked this quote from one of Michael Johnson's directors at the training facility on Jeudy:

“He’s a tremendous back-end speed runner,” said Bryan McCall, MJP's high performance director during an interview with AL.com. "Back-end 20 [yards], he can fly. He’s just naturally fast. He’s probably one of the fastest guys in the country [in the final 20 yards of the dash].”

This got me really excited to know if he has space and gets going he will outrun pretty much anyone.

With his first step ankle breaking jukes he doesn't need that beginning speed to win at separation. I would much rather have him faster on the back end to compliment his phenomonal initial route running.

In some of JJ's highlights we see this back end speed and will for the end zone.

It's really scary to see how good this kid could be with us.

I think Jeudy gets labelled as "decent" or "good enough" speed, but does Jeudy's speed get overlooked because of how good a route runner he is?
              Last edited by MarshallMoss; 06-25-2020, 04:22 PM.
              "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

• HDbroncos02
                Football Immortal
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
                Bored out of my mind. I'm sure hoping football is played this season.

Read an article about Jeudy training for the 40 at the combine. Jeudy wanted to run a 4.3, he said he ran a 4.4 right when he first started training. I really liked this quote from one of Michael Johnson's directors at the training facility on Jeudy:

“He’s a tremendous back-end speed runner,” said Bryan McCall, MJP's high performance director during an interview with AL.com. "Back-end 20 [yards], he can fly. He’s just naturally fast. He’s probably one of the fastest guys in the country [in the final 20 yards of the dash].”

This got me really excited to know if he has space and gets going he will outrun pretty much anyone.

With his first step ankle breaking jukes he doesn't need that beginning speed to win at separation. I would much rather have him faster on the back end to compliment his phenomonal initial route running.

In some of JJ's highlights we see this back end speed and will for the end zone.

It's really scary to see how good this kid could be with us.

I think Jeudy gets labelled as "decent" or "good enough" speed, but does Jeudy's speed get overlooked because of how good a route runner he is?
                I do think his speed gets a bit overlooked due to his reputation as a great route runner. He may not be as fast as Ruggs, but Jeudy's RAC ability is every bit as good-- and maybe even better with his signature dead leg move and ankle-breaking jukes like you said. 4.45 is by no means slow, but Jeudy definitely looks "naturally fast" on tape. This PFF clip shows off Jeudy's terrific speed and playmaking ability.

Typically with the "route runner" archetypes, we don't expect them to be burners or home-run threats-- but this is why Jeudy is so special. He has the potential to be a complete WR with his package of explosive athleticism, crafty route-running, and tireless work ethic. Sure, he could stand to add a little strength in both press and at the catch point. But back to the speed. Jeudy draws player comparisons to OBJ (without the baggage) for a reason. He may not have the insane spectacular catch skills like Beckham, but he is every bit as fast and talented as an athlete.

I really do hope we eventually get to see him on the field for us. Part of me still can't believe we have the best wide receiver in college football from the last five years on our team in the Orange & Blue.

Comment

• MarshallMoss
                  Special Teams
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                  I do think his speed gets a bit overlooked due to his reputation as a great route runner. He may not be as fast as Ruggs, but Jeudy's RAC ability is every bit as good-- and maybe even better with his signature dead leg move and ankle-breaking jukes like you said. 4.45 is by no means slow, but Jeudy definitely looks "naturally fast" on tape. This PFF clip shows off Jeudy's terrific speed and playmaking ability.

Typically with the "route runner" archetypes, we don't expect them to be burners or home-run threats-- but this is why Jeudy is so special. He has the potential to be a complete WR with his package of explosive athleticism, crafty route-running, and tireless work ethic. Sure, he could stand to add a little strength in both press and at the catch point. But back to the speed. Jeudy draws player comparisons to OBJ (without the baggage) for a reason. He may not have the insane spectacular catch skills like Beckham, but he is every bit as fast and talented as an athlete.

I really do hope we eventually get to see him on the field for us. Part of me still can't believe we have the best wide receiver in college football from the last five years on our team in the Orange & Blue.
                  I can't believe it either. In that PFF clip you linked (thanks for that BTW), it has another quote from PFF that states:

Jerry Jeudy: 53 plays of 15-plus yards with at least a step or more of separation.

Eight more than any other FBS WR since 2018.
                  This is insane. It would have been interesting to see how Jeudy would have faired with no other WR talent around him. I know there is an argument that could go both ways, but Tua I believe stated he could throw the ball to Jeudy almost every play because he is always open.
                  "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

• Sam_Z
                    Banned User
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
                    I can't believe it either. In that PFF clip you linked (thanks for that BTW), it has another quote from PFF that states:

This is insane. It would have been interesting to see how Jeudy would have faired with no other WR talent around him. I know there is an argument that could go both ways, but Tua I believe stated he could throw the ball to Jeudy almost every play because he is always open.
                    He should’ve done so as much as possible, could’ve meant titles galore and undefeated seasons!

Comment

• lvbronx
                      Old School
                      • Jul 2005

Good look at JJ's footwork and foot speed...

Comment

• MarshallMoss
                        Special Teams
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                        Good look at JJ's footwork and foot speed...

He is looking impressive. His work ethic is known to be second to none.

I've heard a lot of people say that the true star of the above video is the guy cheering him on...I wish we could have this guy at our Broncos camp pumping up our players.

I remember growing up playing sports with a teammate like that who cheered me on. That teammate always got me fired up and playing with full confidence.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jun 2007

It’s extremely impressive that he can move that quickly while constantly dragging his feet. I imagine the coaching staff will try to coach that out of him and it’ll only turn him into a more dangerous route runner.

Comment

• samparnell
                            Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                            • Nov 2007

In the event 11 personnel is on the field and that group consists of Sutton, Fant, Jeudy, Hamler and Gordon, they should be able to stress coverage regardless of zone, man or combo. All of those eligible receivers require attention. The more spread the formation is, the more spread the defenders must align, and that opens possibilities for the rushing attack. Consequently, spread 11 personnel formations could be used in short yardage/GL as well.

Depending on who makes the roster, Patrick, Okwuegbunam, Hamilton, Spencer and Lindsay offer quality depth with similar skill sets at each position. There should be sufficient game day depth to use 12, 13, 21 and 22 personnel formations as well.

The addition of Jeudy, Hamler, Okwuegbunam, Gordon, Glasgow and Cushenberry to what remains of 2019 offensive personnel constitutes a qualitative as well as quantitative infusion of offensive talent with as many as five new starters. In the event they make the roster or PS, the other draftees and UDFAs may add to that. It's a major commitment as well as a challenge for last year's rookies and this year's new offensive coaches.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• JPPT1974
                              April Showers and Easter
                              • Apr 2012

Heard nothing about great things about him. Makes you want to root for the kid. Good luck JJ!
                              Ready for October Falls

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                In the event 11 personnel is on the field and that group consists of Sutton, Fant, Jeudy, Hamler and Gordon, they should be able to stress coverage regardless of zone, man or combo. All of those eligible receivers require attention. The more spread the formation is, the more spread the defenders must align, and that opens possibilities for the rushing attack. Consequently, spread 11 personnel formations could be used in short yardage/GL as well.

Depending on who makes the roster, Patrick, Okwuegbunam, Hamilton, Spencer and Lindsay offer quality depth with similar skill sets at each position. There should be sufficient game day depth to use 12, 13, 21 and 22 personnel formations as well.

The addition of Jeudy, Hamler, Okwuegbunam, Gordon, Glasgow and Cushenberry to what remains of 2019 offensive personnel constitutes a qualitative as well as quantitative infusion of offensive talent with as many as five new starters. In the event they make the roster or PS, the other draftees and UDFAs may add to that. It's a major commitment as well as a challenge for last year's rookies and this year's new offensive coaches.
                                It’s a terrific challenge to have, I think any QB and OC would be chomping at the bit to get to work with a group like this. Most defenses see 22 personnel and get ready for a run play, then we come out and isolate someone in coverage against a LB. Even a goal line formation can be a threat passing. This offense has the potential to be what the Patriots were with Gronkowski/Hernandez except even better because we’re better, deeper, and faster at WR and RB.

Comment

Working...
                                X