Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I would not want to jump up to 10 unless we have a player in mind. If we wanted a specific WR for example, and we are almost 100% sure they will be there, great. But why trade up unless you know the market? What happens if we want one of them, and they are snatched up?

I will assume the deal does not go thru until the pick itself. That would clarify things for me.

Having said that, the so called top 3 (as I call them) may all be gone by 15, so if Cleveland is the only trading partner that helps secure one of the players we want, I suppose I can understand. But it always comes back to the fact that we can find a good receiver, at 15, or later in one (with a trade) or in two. Being cool could get us quality player in another position while landing a quality WR as well.

But hey, I would love a dynamic WR. Just try to keep the draft capital exchange down.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I agree with you, I believe we ended up with Bolles and Lynch because the team went with needs over value.

Who would you take out of the players i listed at 15?
    I’d take Jeudy.
    The only tackles I’d take is Thomas and/or Willis that high.
    I honestly have spent no time at all looking into the specifics of many guys this year, I am not up to date with it all. I will watch the guys we draft and decide, but I like what I am reading about Cesar Ruiz, however not sure if I would be all in on him at 15.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    The same way it was going to be good last year because we added Munchak, and James ? The same way the year before Veldheer was going to be an upgrade and Bolles was going to take a step forward ? The same way the year before that Menelik Watson and Donald Leary were the big free agency signings to change our fortunes ? The same way the year before that Russell Okung and Donald Stephenson were going to be our new bookends and bargain signings ?

This fan base has such a short memory. Every off-season everyone buys into this non-sense that the offensive line has been addressed and we are good to go. Only to reach week 3 and realise there are holes everywhere like some of us said all off-season. Elway has demonstrated no ability to fix an offensive line, and with James yet to play any significant snaps, and the new addition just another average player making way too much money, ignoring offensive line early will lead us to the same place again.

Teams recently, in the last 10 years have had much more success drafting wide receivers in the area from 20-50 in the draft, with more guys drafted higher than that not panning out. Throw in how deep this class of receivers is, and trading up for any wideout using multiple high assets, when we have been a losing team for several years now, and a year after taking a pass catcher in the first round, it makes no sense to me and is a pure luxury pick. I think it will be a big mistake for the future of our team when you consider we finally trended upwards last year, and we have a chance to secure some key pieces across the board in some foundational positions. I understand how exciting wide reciever picks would be, but I fear we could ruin our progress of back to back solid drafts, by making a flashy, non-essential move. Will not be a fan of a wide reciever pick, will really not be a fan of trading up for one.
    Did I say anything about me not wanting Oline?? All I did was lay out what the FO said, they told us right away that the line wasn't going to be a priority. You are always so quick to throw jabs

1st of all now that the so called cat is out of the Bag 💼 no way know will Denver be drafting a WR at #10 or higher and it especially now will not be Jerry Jeudy. Just remember all of this talk is smoke and mirrors until Draft Day. So it got me thinking 🤔 today why is it when we traded our 1st round pick last year to move down it seemed to me that Denver just did not get enough Draft Capital then what Denver got it seemed that the years Before if anyone wanted to trade up the prices were just plain ridiculous and when it is Denverís turn to Trade Denver just got peanuts 🥜. Now it seems that this year in order to move up it will once again cost us a Fortune and I hope JE is smarter than That given this WR core is loaded and a lot can happen of Denver stays put or Trades Down and hopefully gets a Ransom of a Deal unlike last year.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I honestly have spent no time at all looking into the specifics of many guys this year, I am not up to date with it all. I will watch the guys we draft and decide, but I like what I am reading about Cesar Ruiz, however not sure if I would be all in on him at 15.
    Thatís fair, I canít say that i know much about more than a handful of guys and even then i donít know how they would fit our scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Did I say anything about me not wanting Oline?? All I did was lay out what the FO said, they told us right away that the line wasn't going to be a priority. You are always so quick to throw jabs
    I wasn't attacking you. I was attacking the overall sentiment that you expressed which has been constantly expressed incorrectly by this fan base when it comes to the offensive line year on year for the past however many years.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    1st of all now that the so called cat is out of the Bag �� no way know will Denver be drafting a WR at #10 or higher and it especially now will not be Jerry Jeudy. Just remember all of this talk is smoke and mirrors until Draft Day. So it got me thinking �� today why is it when we traded our 1st round pick last year to move down it seemed to me that Denver just did not get enough Draft Capital then what Denver got it seemed that the years Before if anyone wanted to trade up the prices were just plain ridiculous and when it is Denver’s turn to Trade Denver just got peanuts ��. Now it seems that this year in order to move up it will once again cost us a Fortune and I hope JE is smarter than That given this WR core is loaded and a lot can happen of Denver stays put or Trades Down and hopefully gets a Ransom of a Deal unlike last year.
    If we find ourselves in a bidding war with Philly to move up for a WR, and they offer their 2nd round pick (#53)... I'd say let them have it. I like the idea of trading up, but I'm not overpaying Julio Jones style where ATL gave up their 1st (#27), 2nd (#59), 4th (#124), and 2012 1st and 4th round picks to move up to #6 to take him. Obviously we wouldn't be moving up as much but we also have to keep in mind that the Falcons were already a good team (as evidenced by picking late) and they probably felt like Julio Jones was that "final piece" to take their offense to the next level. May we see a SB-contending team like GB or BAL trade up this year? Who knows.

And just to shed light on what those picks (that ATL gave up) became... Jon Baldwin, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, Brandon Weeden, and Jarius Wright. I wager that most people would probably take Julio Jones over that collective of players. Again, it's all about context since Jones went to a strong Falcons team. I'd have to delve a little deeper into their personnel at the time, but ATL had their franchise QB in Matt Ryan and an existing Pro Bowl WR in Roddy White. While Lock is no Matt Ryan yet, he's our franchise QB as of now. We probably don't have to give up as much to move up as Atlanta did either, but we'll see what Elway does. 4 more days .
    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Just curious what those who are saying we must take oline ( which i do agree with if they are also the bpa that fills a need)
    Who do you take at 15 if the following are available:
    WR Jerry Jeudy
    CB CJ Henderson
    T Ezra Cleveland
    T Austin Jackson
    T Josh Jones
    C Cesar Ruiz
    Of those guys, I would take Jerry Jeudy not only as bpa, but also in a position of need, since it would be a huge upgrade at Z. Getting him at #15 would be a steal and enable Denver to turn the remainder of their picks into bpa/need guys like Jeudy would be. He's my favorite WR in this draft pool.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    A very interesting article for sure. Based on those analytics, a 3 round mock could look like this...

1. Javon Kinlaw, DL
    2. Brandon Aiyuk/Jalen Reagor, WR
    3. Matt Peart, OT
    3. Matt Hennessy, C
    3. Amik Robertson, CB

It fills pretty much all the perceived needs. Kinlaw has a high ceiling and is a safe prospect. Both of those Round 2 receivers would be sure-fire 1st rounders any other year too.

This is where it gets pretty debatableó the question of opting for that blue chip WR with several elite tools EARLY (Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs) OR waiting until the 2nd or 3rd to grab a ďvalueĒ WR with 1-2 great traits and some glaring flaws. Iíve seen the list of recent first round WRs, and I admitó itís not pretty. So common sense leads one to think, ďWhatís different about this class?Ē To that I would point towards the tape for oneís answer. There is hyperbole around these guys for a reason. Jeudy is more polished and more advanced of a route runner than any other receiver Iíve studied since Iíve started following college prospects in 2013. I could go on about Lamb and Ruggs too, but this is a Jeudy thread.

Every time I think of Jeudyís pro potential, I canít help but look back at the DEN @ PIT game in 2015 where AB cooked our defense (and CHJ) for 16 catches, 189 yards and 2 TDs. And that was with an average Steelers OL that gave up a total of 33 sacks that year (14th-best in the NFL). Of course, AB was a 6th round pick himselfó but I donít see a prospect other than Jeudy in this yearís class that can make such an immediate AB-like impact for our offense.

I suppose itís why we have these great debates on this board, itís awesome to see how we have different philosophies on how best to improve the team we all love. To me, I simply think we have a great opportunity to get a transcendent WR prospect early in the 1st round. Jeudy is much more than a ďshiny objectĒ or ďnon-essential, luxury pickĒ.

And my last point to this wordy postó fast forward to the middle of the 2020 season (if it happens). When opposing defenses key in on Sutton and Fant, do you guys have faith in Tim Patrick/DaeSean Hamilton/rookie 2nd-3rd round WR to get open and make a play to move the sticks in crucial situations? Letís say an improved Bolles or a 1st/2nd round OT is at LT... they buy Lock a little extra time in the pocket, awesome. So who do you trust to run a great route to get separation downfield and make a clutch catch? I fear if we donít prioritize adding a weapon opposite of Sutton, many of our offensive drives will stagnate. Iím just not satisfied with just Sutton and Fant as our main weapons. Especially now that teams are using 5 DBs more than ever. Plus Shurmur primarily uses 3 WR, 1 TE offensive sets. I need to be able to trust that those two receivers aside from Sutton can be proficientó and even better if they can be game changers.
    This is exactly how I feel. The AB example against us and CHJ is spot on. Another player Jeudy is compared to is Santonio Holmes and he too has made some of the most clutch catches in big moments.

Its this type of player that installs maximum confidence in a young QB. This is just Jeudy's skill set we are talking about. Not even factoring in the kind of teammate and culture he will help form.

If you are 4th and goal to win the SuperBowl you need these kind of players. We had one of the greatest of all time in JE.

Young football players are saying you got "Jeudy'd" on juke moves or ankle breaking routes. I might be wrong, but I'm not hearing kids say you've been "Allen'd" (Keenan) or even "Tyreek'd".

He's special. I'm hoping for him. I can definitely understand the argument for standing pat or trading back.

If the price is right, why not just snag him?
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Of those guys, I would take Jerry Jeudy not only as bpa, but also in a position of need, since it would be a huge upgrade at Z. Getting him at #15 would be a steal and enable Denver to turn the remainder of their picks into bpa/need guys like Jeudy would be. He's my favorite WR in this draft pool.
    I agree, he would be a day one starter. I like Ezra Cleveland but I donít think he is a sure thing like Jeudy. I would love to see us move up and grab a guy like him in the late first rd, or early second. Iíd also that if we got a guy like Willis or Andrew Thomas in the first for a receiver.

I agree, he would be a day one starter. I like Ezra Cleveland but I don’t think he is a sure thing like Jeudy. I would love to see us move up and grab a guy like him in the late first rd, or early second. I’d also that if we got a guy like Willis or Andrew Thomas in the first for a receiver.
    If the other guys on your list were there minus Jeudy, I think I'd try to find a partner to trade back from #15. There are a lot of good football players in this draft at a number of positions.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Iím seeing Justin Jefferson name jumping up people boards

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I’m seeing Justin Jefferson name jumping up people boards
    I saw him listed as the second alternate for the Broncos in a consensus mock yesterday at #15.

I might not a fan of taking wide reciever, but a key point to those who do really want to go all in on that guy, Lock did rely on his speed deep threat at Missouri. Emmanuel Hall who was that lean, long stride type guy, and Lock had a real tenancy if he wasn't looking for the quick check down the offense called for, to look long and to the outside. I don't think you need to spend a top tier pick on a guy like that, especially 2, but it is a key point to remember if the Broncos are all in Lock, Elway could see that as something which could drastically help him.

At this point, I would not be surprised to see Jefferson go before Ruggs. I still think someone will be in love with the speed and draft Ruggs early. Maybe the Jets, Raiders, 49ers, or us. Feels more likely to me that Ruggs goes before Jefferson, but it would not surprise me to see the other way. Sounds like several teams love Jeffersons skills and production. Personally I prefer Jefferson to Ruggs and would take him as the 3rd WR in this draft.