Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bolles on trade block??!

Appears to be speculation but Albert Breer is saying Bolles is on his way out..... supposedly....

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...by-nfl-insider

That would really be something. I dunno what this draft looks like for OT ..........but top 10 is usually pretty solid gamble. I've been wanting some blue chip OL for years now.

I can't believe the draft is finally here. Soon we're going to have a lot to think about and envision. I wouldn't mind seeing JE move up just above the Raiders. Getting ahead of the Chargers is just not gonna be a good deal for the Broncos unless the pick becomes another player like Von who basically pushes the team over the top for a Lombardi trophy.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Bold move if true. Especially if they are relying on Wilkinson or a rookie OT to step in day one and be considered an improvement.

Bolles has his issues. But he is far from the black pit of doom so many make him out to be. I was really surprised to see him graded as the 11th highest OT last year (76.0). Also a dramatic improvement over the last 7 games last year.

Coaching, play calling and consistency helps. It just seems he is finally trending in the right direction and now this.

Why do I have a bad feeling he is going to be traded for peanuts and go be a solid player on another team.

What exactly is his trade value ? 5th or 6th ? Hopefully this is just the writer making crap up. Or “speculating “ for a headline.

If this is a solid possibility, I believe OT is back on the table, perhaps with our #1 pick.

Until the WR frenzy kind of told deep hold on this year's draft, OT was this board's #1 need, based on the simple poll attached. I know, small sample size. Who's to say it still isn't, if anything enhanced by the depth and quality of the WR draft?

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...ith-Our-1-Pick

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    If this is a solid possibility, I believe OT is back on the table, perhaps with our #1 pick.

Until the WR frenzy kind of told deep hold on this year's draft, OT was this board's #1 need, based on the simple poll attached. I know, small sample size. Who's to say it still isn't, if anything enhanced by the depth and quality of the WR draft?

If Bolles is traded. It has to be the #1 pick to fill the void.

Might have to take another OT in the 2nd as well to fill the James spot or as the depth OT. Maybe this is the Munchak master plan. OT, OT, C.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    That would really be something. I dunno what this draft looks like for OT ..........but top 10 is usually pretty solid gamble. I've been wanting some blue chip OL for years now.

I can't believe the draft is finally here. Soon we're going to have a lot to think about and envision. I wouldn't mind seeing JE move up just above the Raiders. Getting ahead of the Chargers is just not gonna be a good deal for the Broncos unless the pick becomes another player like Von who basically pushes the team over the top for a Lombardi trophy.
    I have a hard time believing anyone gives us anything for Bolles, maybe a 7th rd pick. It will be interesting what happens. If we don't trade up in Rd 1 from 15 we could trade back in and get either a WR or an OL whatever we didn't get at #15.

I agree with the analysis that Bolles seemed to improve late last year. It really depends on Elway and company. They can certainly get a potential replacement this year in the draft.

Tis the season for smoke screens

I would like to see some master minded trade with Washington to get their 1st pick AND Trent Williams!!!! How about we give them Bolles, our 1st pick this year and next??? Young, Simmons, Okudah....We could even trade back from there a couple spots and still get a blue Chip guy!!! Ohhhh the possibilities LOL 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I would like to see some master minded trade with Washington to get their 1st pick AND Trent Williams!!!! How about we give them Bolles, our 1st pick this year and next??? Young, Simmons, Okudah....We could even trade back from there a couple spots and still get a blue Chip guy!!! Ohhhh the possibilities LOL 🤣🤣
    I was kinda wondering if there’s a deal in place for Trent and they’re trying to get something for Bolles before it’s announced.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

Absolutely would change our approach.
    This also leads me to believe a trade down is in the cards. It seems a bit early for this to be out there. Draft leverage would be significantly less if teams know of our huge gaping hole. This is smoke and mirrors time- as of now we have heard we are now targeting Brown, Jeudy, OT, among others. We should prob expect to take LB with the silence surrounding the position.

If there is any truth to this, I have to believe they are high on Wilkinson or on a guy they feel is rated as "second tier".
    Jackson perhaps....maybe the kind of player they see overtaking Wilkinson after a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Absolutely would change our approach.
    This also leads me to believe a trade down is in the cards. It seems a bit early for this to be out there. Draft leverage would be significantly less if teams know of our huge gaping hole. This is smoke and mirrors time- as of now we have heard we are now targeting Brown, Jeudy, OT, among others. We should prob expect to take LB with the silence surrounding the position.

If there is any truth to this, I have to believe they are high on Wilkinson or on a guy they feel is rated as "second tier".
    Jackson perhaps....maybe the kind of player they see overtaking Wilkinson after a short time.
    Hey, I think 2nd rounder would suffice, or a late first. Get the WR/OT situation in good shape, and then take care of D.

Hoping this is a smoke screen. Makes no sense to trade him. Even if he loses the starting job he is still decent depth. At worst he sits on the bench behind Wilkinson or pick #15 as insurance for injury or James declining to play again . Then next off season leaves for a new contract. Considering the barren market for starting OTs he has a decent chance of getting a contract that would likely earn the Broncos a compensatory pick in the same (or better) late round range they are trading him for today.

I am overreacting a bit because this rumor feels like an Elway move to me. It triggers my annoyance with this off seasons strategy of lose one, gain one approach. Roster depth is not improved when you just fill the hole you just created. Bouye for Harris, Glasgow for McGovern (and Leary), Casey for Wolfe. Arguably improvements but depth is not affected.

Another part of my overreaction is my expectation that this speculation in the article will start a daylong bash on Bolles. As I read this initial article, I could envision the mob gathering their torches and pitchforks and cranking up the "Bolles sucks" rhetoric. As pointed out, he is a concern but trending upward. At worst you know he will suit up and give his best effort. Maybe not enough. We shall see. Going to be a long couple days to the draft.

makes sense to throw something like this out there seeing as all the speculation concerning the broncos has been them moving up to get a wr

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    makes sense to throw something like this out there seeing as all the speculation concerning the broncos has been them moving up to get a wr
    Smoke and mirrors are a large part of drafts....no harm no foul. GMs are shrewd business folks for the most part. Any slight edge they can get the better. But I really wonder if any of them are swayed much by most of the rumours/maybes. Further, they talk regularly if need be, so I doubt we know nearly as much as they do. The media does their best to find us a story.

I do not think people lie about this stuff... I do think conversations are being held and out of a 25 min talk maybe Bolles is spoken of in about 10 seconds and then we are all reading this.

It is not a lie...but maybe a overstatement of the talks in order to get an article
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.