Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Isn't he the last standing from the disastrous 2017 draft class?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Nope, not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Jake Butt and Demarcus Walker are also on roster
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

He's better traded into the season, IMO. He's a good hedge for the pre-season and early season games, in case of OL injury. Also, he may be worth more when another team suffers an OL injury.

What would be expected for him. A 6th rounder?

Wouldnít they have a decent shot at an equal compensatory pick? Maybe Iím delusional but I would not be surprised to see him get a decent contract in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

Wouldnít they have a decent shot at an equal compensatory pick? Maybe Iím delusional but I would not be surprised to see him get a decent contract in free agency.
    Depends on how good of a salesman you are. Durability is a strong suit and we could make the argument that he made a turnaround late last year. He finished the season strong so there is some value there. I would think with the right package he could go for a 3rd..... He's still young

Bolles probably could be traded for a mid round pick. He has more value around the league since he's young and still in his first contract. However that would be a pretty big admission of failure from the FO since he was the first OT taken in 2017's draft class. Also if that happens we are drafting OT no matter what in the 1st round
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Ty Sambrailo got a 5th rounder despite playing poorly in 7 starts and having injury issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Bolles probably could be traded for a mid round pick. He has more value around the league since he's young and still in his first contract. However that would be a pretty big admission of failure from the FO since he was the first OT taken in 2017's draft class. Also if that happens we are drafting OT no matter what in the 1st round
    There are also likely trade options in case we donít go OT. Kelvin Beachum, Corey Glenn, Jason Peters, Chris Clark, and Greg Robinson are all available for hire, and trading for Trent Williams is another less likely option ($$ and injuries).

None would be too inspiring, but if it comes down to reaching for a guy like Jackson or taking a guy like Jeudy or Ruggs then signing one of the above to go with a 2nd/3rd round tackle would sound better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    There are also likely trade options in case we donít go OT. Kelvin Beachum, Corey Glenn, Jason Peters, Chris Clark, and Greg Robinson are all available for hire, and trading for Trent Williams is another less likely option ($$ and injuries).

None would be too inspiring, but if it comes down to reaching for a guy like Jackson or taking a guy like Jeudy or Ruggs then signing one of the above to go with a 2nd/3rd round tackle would sound better to me.
    I would find it depressing, if Chris Clark returned to Denver.

dont care to sign those guys. id rather draft someone and go from there. maybe someone undrafted comes through as well...we are about due to hit an udfa on our oline...

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    I have a hard time believing anyone gives us anything for Bolles, maybe a 7th rd pick. It will be interesting what happens. If we don't trade up in Rd 1 from 15 we could trade back in and get either a WR or an OL whatever we didn't get at #15.

I agree with the analysis that Bolles seemed to improve late last year. It really depends on Elway and company. They can certainly get a potential replacement this year in the draft.
    They could trade him to Washington, along with one of our 3 thirds, for Trent Williams. They have to trade Williams or they are going to have a player that won't play, again. They could also trade him to Tampa with one of our 3rds for a 1st round pick swap. I realize that's just one spot, but it makes it more likely we get one of the 3 WRs or 4 OTs we want.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Hoping this is a smoke screen. Makes no sense to trade him. Even if he loses the starting job he is still decent depth. At worst he sits on the bench behind Wilkinson or pick #15 as insurance for injury or James declining to play again . Then next off season leaves for a new contract. Considering the barren market for starting OTs he has a decent chance of getting a contract that would likely earn the Broncos a compensatory pick in the same (or better) late round range they are trading him for today.

I am overreacting a bit because this rumor feels like an Elway move to me. It triggers my annoyance with this off seasons strategy of lose one, gain one approach. Roster depth is not improved when you just fill the hole you just created. Bouye for Harris, Glasgow for McGovern (and Leary), Casey for Wolfe. Arguably improvements but depth is not affected.

Another part of my overreaction is my expectation that this speculation in the article will start a daylong bash on Bolles. As I read this initial article, I could envision the mob gathering their torches and pitchforks and cranking up the "Bolles sucks" rhetoric. As pointed out, he is a concern but trending upward. At worst you know he will suit up and give his best effort. Maybe not enough. We shall see. Going to be a long couple days to the draft.
    It'll be better depth than we had last year, all the way around. Bouye for Harris, AND we get Callahan on the field, which we never had last year. Also hopefully getting a healthy Bausby back. Glasgow replaces McGovern, James back at ROT, and we draft a C replacement (This is the lone unit that will have similar depth). Casey replaces Wolfe and our depth is another year seasoned (Jones and Walker).

As for Bolles, I'm not going to tell you he sucks. But he's not good enough. His holding penalties absolutely MURDER offensive drives. And he's not just giving them up to elite edge rushers, he's making average players look dominant. I personally believe his strength and nasty demeanor would make him an amazing guard, but as a tackle, he has to go.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Interestingly (to me anyway) there were 16 OTs taken in the 2017 draft - Garrett Bolles class - and Bolles has the most starts (48), Ramzyck has 47, Cam Robinson was the 3rd OT taken #34 and he has only 31 starts, Antonio Garcia drafted by N.E. after being on 4 teams is now a FA. Sam Tevi is the only other OT that is still on his original team (Chargers) picked 190th, 6th round he has 30 starts with 14 last season. There has been no Pro Bowl OTs from the 2017 draft. 2017 was not a good class for OTs but the Broncos (probably a reach) arguably did get the top LT that was available.