Report: Jaguars and Raiders close to blockbuster deal

Just saw the Raiders and Jaguars are close to a deal which would include Yannick Ngakoue.

Was watching a little of the Colin Cowherd show, and he just got a text and teased some big news involving the Raiders.

Something big could be coming...

Well as long as it isn't a trade up to #9. That is probably a moot point now. Ngakoue is pissed that Jacksonville looks like they don't want to win this year. Probably a good trade for both teams coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    Just saw the Raiders and Jaguars are close to a deal which would include Yannick Ngakoue.

Was watching a little of the Colin Cowherd show, and he just got a text and teased some big news involving the Raiders.

Something big could be coming...
    I heard they were discussing a swap for Yannick, but there wasn't a ton of progress

The #Raiders are kicking the tires on trading for pass rusher Yannick Ngakoue, but they and the #Jaguars are not close. Dont believe its gotten to a back and forth on compensation (yet).
    Hed have to sign a tender first, but Raiders could free cap space quickly. Will monitor

From Vic Tafur

From what I've heard, the hold up is the Jaguars want #12 as part of the deal, while the Raiders want to give #19.

This could be ongoing up until the Raiders are on the clock.

Who knows, but I think the Jaguars want to move him to get compensation for tonight and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    From what I've heard, the hold up is the Jaguars want #12 as part of the deal, while the Raiders want to give #19.

This could be ongoing up until the Raiders are on the clock.

Who knows, but I think the Jaguars want to move him to get compensation for tonight and be done with it.
    PFT reported earlier that it's both the compensation to the Jags and the financial compensation to the player that's holding up the deal, Oakgas doesn't have the cash money on hand to pay him right now. PFT says league sources believe a trade is unlikely this weekend.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-this-weekend/

This is fun stuff! Bring it on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    PFT reported earlier that it's both the compensation to the Jags and the financial compensation to the player that's holding up the deal, Oakgas doesn't have the cash money on hand to pay him right now. PFT says league sources believe a trade is unlikely this weekend.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-this-weekend/
    Gotcha. I had only read the compensation was the hold up. The money obviously makes the deal being done, soon, less likely.

We'd have to free up cap space, which I read won't be a problem.

I don't like it because we drafted an edge rusher in the first round and his underperformance in getting to the QB is probably why the Raiders are looking to trade for Ngakoue.

I like it because Maxx Crosby is looking like a steal, and at Maxx-Ngakoue pairing might be a good one.

Then again I don't like it because we need corners and wide receivers more than a edge rusher.

I think the Raiders are focusing on the Front-7 more than the back 4, which against Mahomes is an ok strategy because the more time he has, the more time he has to do Mahome things. But what would it matter if the corners can't cover.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    We'd have to free up cap space, which I read won't be a problem.

I don't like it because we drafted an edge rusher in the first round and his underperformance in getting to the QB is probably why the Raiders are looking to trade for Ngakoue.

I like it because Maxx Crosby is looking like a steal, and at Maxx-Ngakoue pairing might be a good one.

Then again I don't like it because we need corners and wide receivers more than a edge rusher.

I think the Raiders are focusing on the Front-7 more than the back 4, which against Mahomes is an ok strategy because the more time he has, the more time he has to do Mahome things. But what would it matter if the corners can't cover.
    I suppose you are referring to Ferrell? If so, I am not sure why they chose him last year, other than his character. At the time it was a questionable choice, and it appears, so far, it really was. I like character....and performance! BUT, I think The Raiders are moving in the right direction.