Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Interesting scenario.

Letís say one of Mims, Shenault, or Higgins is still available at 46, do we double dip?

My question is, when is enough enough? Our offense will already boast Gordon/Lindsay, Sutton and Jeudy, as well as Fant. Is that too many mouths to feed? If a WR like the 3 I mentioned above is available and is the BPA you have to take him right?

At what point do you go get another need and pass on one of these studs?

Idk, Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, Gordon, and Shenault on the field all the time is pretty awesome. What say you?

Oline oline oline. Protecting our young qb is more important than weapons atm. We have a good group of weapons. We need to upgrade our below average oline to really improve the team. Now Lynn Bowden tommorrow sign me up for that.

If we were to double dip, Van Jefferson in the 3rd would be ideal imo. He is very similar to Juedy as a Z/Slot guy. This would give our 3 WR sets flexibility. Patrick could move behind Sutton and focus on split end role.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

I don't see the double dip. We need interior lineman, CB, ILB, NT/DT and S. We don't have the luxury to just load up on one position

I have my eyes on Safety's in rd 2 that shouldn't have been available. OL that could really help right now are the direction Denver probably should go rd 2.

If we keep all of our picks a 3rd on a WR isn't atrocious.

I'm all in on loading up on weapons but we do still need oline help. What about adding weapons and trading one of these day 2 or even day 3 picks for Trent Williams?

Depends on how the board plays out, I think Mims is still an option given that Jeudy is probably better suited as a slot WR

Iíd love to get another stud WR, for depth even but I think itís more important to look for a center or CB now.
    I think Elway trades up today in the second to do so. Hopefully there are no blunders with the virtual stuff.

We can always get Hamler or Duvernay later in the 3rd. In fact Iíd be all for Duvernay in the 3rd if heís still there.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-24-2020 at 06:55 AM.

I like a double dip but not in the 2nd. I would use a late third or fourth at the earliest for a double dip. I would prefer OL, CB, and /or Safety before we go back to WR.

I will admit if Mims or Higgins is still there at 46 it would be a heck of a value. I think Shenault will keep falling.

IMO, we should go with someone like Edwards in the late third or Gandy Golden in the 4th. or maybe someone later than that.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    I like a double dip but not in the 2nd. I would use a late third or fourth at the earliest for a double dip. I would prefer OL, CB, and /or Safety before we go back to WR.

I will admit if Mims or Higgins is still there at 46 it would be a heck of a value. I think Shenault will keep falling.

IMO, we should go with someone like Edwards in the late third or Gandy Golden in the 4th. or maybe someone later than that.
    If Mims, Shenault, Claypool are there it will be tempting for Elway. If we did that we have to go extremely heavy on the other line with the majority of the rest of our picks.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-24-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Tempting. But it would take a level if confidence in the current oline by Elway and coaches that I donít share.

If no trades, I am expecting oline in the 2nd. Will be interesting to see if OT project or starting C/G is the pick? Then the 3rd rd is Secondary and the other oline position.

The WR double dip can be done with #118 or the5th rd pick.
    Duvernay would be great but later guys like Hightower, Proche or Mooney could be nice complimentary players.

Another thought is with all the WRs and RBs expected to be selected today (10+?) a lot of quality players in other positions may slip. Opportunity??

Canít wait to see how Elway approaches it.

O-line has been the weak link for years. Iíd much rather see a top prospect C and another T. This team doesnít have a starting C.

Given where we are at with receivers now. If we double dip, give me Hightower if he falls late.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    O-line has been the weak link for years. Iíd much rather see a top prospect C and another T. This team doesnít have a starting C.
    Until they draft one i think itíll be Glasgow with Wilkinson at RG. Morris may push for the starting spot though, Schlottman may as well

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Until they draft one i think itíll be Glasgow with Wilkinson at RG. Morris may push for the starting spot though, Schlottman may as well
    Maybe. Iím personally tired of seeing a band aid o-line every year. Just my opinion, of course. Iíd love to have some starters we can be excited about with quality depth rather than hoping last yearís backups will become quality starters and still having no depth. Iím really not a fan of drafting two WR in a row.