Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Until they draft one i think it’ll be Glasgow with Wilkinson at RG. Morris may push for the starting spot though, Schlottman may as well
    Right. Short of any new additions, the top five would probably be Bolles, Risner, Glasgow, Wilkinson and James. Morris and Schlottmann can provide inside depth, but Swing Tackle is a problem. Need some more guys.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Maybe. Iím personally tired of seeing a band aid o-line every year. Just my opinion, of course. Iíd love to have some starters we can be excited about with quality depth rather than hoping last yearís backups will become quality starters and still having no depth. Iím really not a fan of drafting two WR in a row.
    Iíd love to add some more talent there but the value has to be right. I do think Glasgow/Wilkinson would be a better combo than McGovern/Leary and any other combo would be fairly equal IMO. I like Schlottman and Morris as interior depth. Morris looked like there was some potential there when he filled in last year and even though it wasnít always pretty with Schlottman I thought he showed improvement game to game and found ways to get the job done.

Lock gets a lot of credit for not taking sacks and deservedly so but the ragtag oline we fielded during those games should receive some credit as well. OT depth is a huge concern because Wilkinson looked out of place and Rodgers probably canít get the job done well enough to be a noticeable improvement should James miss more time. But I canít see Jones or Cleveland falling and I wouldnít trade up in the 2nd. Niang may be a good candidate to trade back into the 2nd for. I was really hoping for Isaiah Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Iíd love to add some more talent there but the value has to be right. I do think Glasgow/Wilkinson would be a better combo than McGovern/Leary and any other combo would be fairly equal IMO. I like Schlottman and Morris as interior depth. Morris looked like there was some potential there when he filled in last year and even though it wasnít always pretty with Schlottman I thought he showed improvement game to game and found ways to get the job done.

Lock gets a lot of credit for not taking sacks and deservedly so but the ragtag oline we fielded during those games should receive some credit as well. OT depth is a huge concern because Wilkinson looked out of place and Rodgers probably canít get the job done well enough to be a noticeable improvement should James miss more time. But I canít see Jones or Cleveland falling and I wouldnít trade up in the 2nd. Niang may be a good candidate to trade back into the 2nd for. I was really hoping for Isaiah Wilson
    Agreed on all points. Iím personally not pounding my fist on the table for any particular guy. I just really want to see a quality 0-line for once. Weíll see how it all shakes down. Itís all very interesting, for sure.

I do think OT is overrated though. If you have a solid interior that can give Lock space to step up into the OTs arenít nearly as important. If they get beat outside the QB steps up and if he has to can scramble under the OT, if the OT gets beat inside the QB can loop around. But if that interior doesnít hold up, it makes it much easier on edge rushers to get to the QB. The NFL is trying to find game wreckers from the interior because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    If we were to double dip, Van Jefferson in the 3rd would be ideal imo. He is very similar to Juedy as a Z/Slot guy. This would give our 3 WR sets flexibility. Patrick could move behind Sutton and focus on split end role.
    We donít really need two guys that thrive in the slot. If we went with Lamb then Iíd be very on board with Jefferson.

Iíd prefer a guy that will consistently win on the outside like Tyler Johnson or Bryan Edwards. If we go with another inside/outside guy I would prefer a burner that opens things up (like Duvernay) or a do-it-all, YAC guy (Lynn Bowden).

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Right. Short of any new additions, the top five would probably be Bolles, Risner, Glasgow, Wilkinson and James. Morris and Schlottmann can provide inside depth, but Swing Tackle is a problem. Need some more guys.
    JMO but I think at least one of those interior positions gets filled today with a day one starter. Either C or RG

Depends on where they think Glasgow best fits and BPA. Several options available for both positions in 2nd and maybe early/mid 3rd if the Broncos get some luck.

I've been leaning towards a C prospect but the last few days the idea of Glasgow at C and drafting a RG has become intriguing. Especially a versatile player like Hunt. Reportedly ready to be a starting guard , nasty and solid technique, but with the versatility to move to OT in an emergency or in a year as he improves.

Can't wait to see how the Broncos approach tonight. Hoping two of the picks are olineman., CB another. Oline help is on the way. Just depends on who and how much of an immediate impact they have will be the big question.

WR depth is good now. Having Hamiltion, Patrick, spenser, Winfree and a potential later round speed (returner) type fills the room. It doesn't need to be a priority today no matter who slips. JMO
    Last edited by FR Tim; 04-24-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    JMO but I think at least one of those interior positions gets filled today with a day one starter. Either C or RG

Depends on where they think Glasgow best fits and BPA. Several options available for both positions in 2nd and maybe early/mid 3rd if the Broncos get some luck.

I've been leaning towards a C prospect but the last few days the idea of Glasgow at C and drafting a RG has become intriguing. Especially a versatile player like Hunt. Reportedly ready to be a starting guard , nasty and solid technique, but with the versatility to move to OT in an emergency or in a year as he improves.

Can't wait to see how the Broncos approach tonight. Hoping two of the picks are olineman., CB another. Oline help is on the way. Just depends on who and how much of an immediate impact they have will be the big question.

WR depth is good now. Having Hamiltion, Patrick, spenser, Winfree and a potential later round speed (returner) type fills the room. It doesn't need to be a priority today no matter who slips. JMO
    How about Hunt in round 2 and Bartch in round 3? I love that idea tonight and totally agree with you on OL. Excellent comments on that front.

I don't agree on WRs at least as far as depth. I do agree with your comment on potentially going with a speed guy late but I could also see us going with a bigger guy that can play the outside. I think we need another WR especially considering the value that should be there on Day 3. Golden Gandy and Bryan Edwards have a chance to be real difference makers and will probably be available late third or fourth. If Hamler is there in late third (which I doubt) he would be significant upgrade. Lynn Bowden Jr in the 4th or 5th could add a dimension we don't have. The depth you refer to IMO are just guys. They don't really do much to force the D off of anyone else. We could live with it, but I would swing for another WR.

No. We need Oline bad. We have the same 2 tackles as we did last year and it was a problem all year long. Our depth behind them isn't great either. We need a center and overall depth period. Lets see if James will even actually play this year. Every year it seems Bolles has Improved at the end of the year and many have hope the next year only to see it filled with him getting beat on the outside or looking clue less with his hands in the air after "another" holding penalty. But come this time of year, that shiny new reciever/cornerback/....... is looking great and the line will be okay. Myself, I don't believe this line will be okay until we get at the very least a future C and at least 1 Tackle. Many say James is locked in with his contract, but if he isn't playing I'd rather eat the 6 mil then give him 14 to not play next year and Bolles could very well be gone. I'd like to use at least 2 or 3 picks on OL and hopefully today at least 2 will be OL. We look good at Reciever and offensive weapons over all imo. We look good at Qb. Weak link on this O--OL.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

I doubt that the BPA will be a WR at #46, but never know. I say they need to look at CB first and Oline second but the BPA might end up being a DL and that would fill a need too. I would really like Laviska but at this point the Broncos don't need to use the 46 pick on a WR... IMO

If we could get McKinley and then double dip with shenault. I would love it. Shenault and Sutton on the outside with juedy in the slot. Not only that but the weapon that shenault is in short yardage situations and ref zone. Heís got the Tebow Esque in finding the end zone and first down out of the QB position he did that a ton at CU and that would be nice to have too.

Oline. Not just protection for Lock, but blocking for Melvin Gordon. A corner who can tackle.
    Receiver? Lynn Bowden, but not before Oline and corner.

I've thought about the situation for drafting a 2nd WR. I mean, you should not say no unless you have at least considered it. Clearly we are looking pretty good now, with 2 fabulous young WRs. If one of the complementary receivers makes any strides forward, we should be set....along with hopefully a progressing TE - Fant, and a solid backfield.

I would not entertain another WR in round two and would be hard pressed to consider this evening at all. BUT...what if a really good WR falls to 3, say around our 3rd third rounder. If their value was so much greater than any other position of need, maybe I consider.

But I really think we need an Oliner, CB, ILB and DT before we go shopping for another receiver. If anything, maybe we find a player with super speed, or has special slot type skill, maybe around the 5th round or later. I would definitely consider.

Mims will be great, I'd prefer him to Jeudy. In my opinion he will be the guy from this class who everyone will regret passing on, but I can't justify taking another wide out after we got our slot guy yesterday. Focus on other needs, get Lock some upfront help, and get at least one young cornerback who can come in and contribute. Our cornerback room is extremely thin with no guy in there really having any success as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

Sounds like Denver might be interested in Nick Harris.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I would wait until the 4th and grab KJ Hill if we go for another wr. We need help on the oline, secondary and ILB first imo