Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMoss View Post
    Hamler might be the 3rd, 4th or even 5th receiver that draws attention. Hamler will be at times 1 on 1 with linebackers and defensive backs that might be 4th or 5th on the depth charts. These are matchups that Hamler will own when given. When teams start paying more and more attention to him, Courtland and Jeudy will start going wild, it's the beauty of our offense. We have the ultimate pieces to play chess with any D.

I also love the Dawg in Hamler. If a team does put a small speedster d back on Hamler, I like his chances in breaking free from those small defenders even if they have the speed to keep up with him.

We are going to be so spoiled with Jeudy and his routes, that KJ might get a little overlooked with his. KJ is no slouch, his moves at top speed are beautiful to behold.
    If Lock progresses into a prolific QB, I could see in 2021 or 2022 the trio of Sutton, Jeudy, and Hamler all being 1,000 yard receivers. It will be interesting how the chess-master Shurmur himself will scheme these guys in his offense. One thing I feel like we overlook a little bit is the fact that Elway went and got weapons that Shurmur covets for his renowned scheme. Of course, we got Lock his receiving toysó but at the same time, this draft ensured that Shurmur has the pieces he likes as well. This makes me feel less confident in how he views Patrick/Hamilton and nearly all of our TEs due to them being from drafts with previous OCs.

Hamler does play tough but he sure doesnít play much bigger than his frame. I do feel pretty good about his chances burning opposing secondaries and DBs deep, though. A lot of his great plays at PSU mostly came from short/intermediate routes, which shows me how explosive he is and how he has the ability to make plays after the catch.

I said it before the draft, Hamler has the best quickness and change-of-direction ability out of any WR in this class besides Jeudy. And now we have both of them. I predict Broncos Country will appreciate Jeudy for his exceptional consistency and Hamler for his flashy, big plays.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    If Lock progresses into a prolific QB, I could see in 2021 or 2022 the trio of Sutton, Jeudy, and Hamler all being 1,000 yard receivers. It will be interesting how the chess-master Shurmur himself will scheme these guys in his offense. One thing I feel like we overlook a little bit is the fact that Elway went and got weapons that Shurmur covets for his renowned scheme. Of course, we got Lock his receiving toys— but at the same time, this draft ensured that Shurmur has the pieces he likes as well. This makes me feel less confident in how he views Patrick/Hamilton and nearly all of our TEs due to them being from drafts with previous OCs.

Hamler does play tough but he sure doesn’t play much bigger than his frame. I do feel pretty good about his chances burning opposing secondaries and DBs deep, though. A lot of his great plays at PSU mostly came from short/intermediate routes, which shows me how explosive he is and how he has the ability to make plays after the catch.

I said it before the draft, Hamler has the best quickness and change-of-direction ability out of any WR in this class besides Jeudy. And now we have both of them. I predict Broncos Country will appreciate Jeudy for his exceptional consistency and Hamler for his flashy, big plays.

Crazy to think we could have two of the quickest route runners from a draft regarded the best ever for wide receivers.

Long after this virus finally ends, we will have receivers practicing social distancing on opposing defenses for a long time
    Last edited by MarshallMoss; 04-30-2020 at 06:09 AM.
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Whelp. As of right now I like Sutton, Jeudy, Patrick, Hamilton, Hamler, Winfree to make the active roster. Should be interesting if we actually get a Training Camp. Seems like they could follow the same precautions that essential workers are following.
    Would agree with your list except for the competition between Winfree and Cleveland. That might turn into quite a battle. And another might be able to get into the action for all we know.

I would not give either too much of an advantage as a WR but Cleveland is supposed to be a physical blocker and a pretty good gunner on STs. Might give him an edge.

Thrilled with the additions and Sutton. Patrick and Hamilton as the depth and 4th /5th WRs is crazy. Like them both, but as competent backups

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Would agree with your list except for the competition between Winfree and Cleveland. That might turn into quite a battle. And another might be able to get into the action for all we know.

I would not give either too much of an advantage as a WR but Cleveland is supposed to be a physical blocker and a pretty good gunner on STs. Might give him an edge.

Thrilled with the additions and Sutton. Patrick and Hamilton as the depth and 4th /5th WRs is crazy. Like them both, but as competent backups
    Sure. We're talking about guys who are 6th/7th/(8th?) on a hypothetical way-too-early depth chart and they would have Practice Squad eligibility. I just expect a little something out of Winfree because he flashed ability in college. I saw some really good body control and some tricky route running here and there. As of right now I'm a little high on his stock, so to speak. Hopefully we'll we see what he can do this year.

*Upon Edit: I listed Hamler after Patrick and Hamilton because I don't know what he can do against a pro Defense yet, but Jeudy right after Sutton because I think he's shown that he's the immediate #2WR.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Sure. We're talking about guys who are 6th/7th/(8th?) on a hypothetical way-too-early depth chart and they would have Practice Squad eligibility. I just expect a little something out of Winfree because he flashed ability in college. I saw some really good body control and some tricky route running here and there. As of right now I'm a little high on his stock, so to speak. Hopefully we'll we see what he can do this year.

*Upon Edit: I listed Hamler after Patrick and Hamilton because I don't know what he can do against a pro Defense yet, but Jeudy right after Sutton because I think he's shown that he's the immediate #2WR.
    No worries. I wasnít trying to rank them.

Think Sutton, Jeudy and Hamler the three most impact. But like Patrick and Hamilton as quality backups. After that ... who knows.

You may be correct with the final roster having more then the six though. Long way off and a lot can happen

It's almost time to think about what we'll have on game day. Off the cuff I'm thinking:

QB = 2
    WR = 6
    RB = 3
    TE = 4
    OL = 8
    Offense = 23
    NT = 2
    DE = 6
    ILB = 4
    OLB = 4
    CB = 5
    SF = 4
    Defense = 25
    K/P/LS
    ST = 3

Use WR/DB/RB for both return spots.

That's 51. So you could add two more in there. Another CB? Another TE?

Here is some excellent insight from Elway on why picking a receiver round 1 gave them a better chance of landing Hamler round 2:

“Not knowing how the first round was going to go, I was still prepared to go receiver-receiver,” Elway said during an appearance on "The Rich Eisen Show" on Wednesday. “And I know that it helped us going receiver-receiver because of the fact that if we hadn’t gone receiver in the first round, I think there would’ve been a lot of people that would’ve tried to jump us in the second round.

“There were a lot of people behind us that kind of let us know that Hamler was their guy,” Elway said. “But with us sitting there, not going up as well as having drafted a wide receiver in the first round, I think people were fine sitting there thinking that we weren’t going to draft another receiver.”

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/john-...icks-nfl-draft

I had an interesting thought that all this predraft trade talk to go up and down could be giving the Broncos better intel on positions and players other teams are looking for in that pick range. Allowing them to more accurately put together their own draft plan. Thoughts?
    Last edited by MarshallMoss; 04-30-2020 at 06:18 AM.
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

K J Hamler reminds me so much of T.Y.Hilton, he could even be used as a Z occasionally in motion across formations. This was T Y Hilton's draft profile after the combine:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ton?id=2532865

Granted, Andrew Luck made T Y more as his numbers suffered when Luck was replaced by Hasselback or Brissett, you name it. It goes without saying that the trigger man is key to maximizing the potential for the pass catchers.

THEY'LL NEVER CATCH HIM!!!

I cannot get tired of watching this clip. His route before the catch was a thing of beauty and than that speed against a stacked Ohio D is nothing but chills!

Hamler is so fast and quick super explosive in the open field.

Whatís impressive on that 93-yard TD is that Hamler cooked Ohio State nickel CB Shaun Wade off the line. Wade is a sure-fire 1st round pick next year and was a lot better than Damon Arnette (LOL Raiders) last season.

Iím excited to see how Shurmur utilizes Hamler. I donít think weíve had a receiver that fast or electric since Eddie Royal.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Whatís impressive on that 93-yard TD is that Hamler cooked Ohio State nickel CB Shaun Wade off the line. Wade is a sure-fire 1st round pick next year and was a lot better than Damon Arnette (LOL Raiders) last season.

Iím excited to see how Shurmur utilizes Hamler. I donít think weíve had a receiver that fast or electric since Eddie Royal.
    I agree he reminds me so much of Eddie Royal in play style also Royal was 2nd round pick back in 2008 maybe foreshadowing. Hopefully Denver gets some of the same impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    My man is special bra. You know how I know heís special? He plays special teams bra. Bra that looks like Desean Jackson here man. My man KJ Hamler. 7 route king!
    Might have been the most annoying video I've ever heard.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Might have been the most annoying video I've ever heard.
    My thoughts exactly.......
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I just hope he is more like Tyreke Hill than Trindon Holliday