Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Trusting in the coaches on the OT situation. They don't seem to be as concerned as most fans.

On paper it looks like an entirely different situation this year. . Center of the line looks solid with Risner, Cush, Glasgow. James being healthy and ready will be huge. And Boles is Boles , the good and the bad. He improved tremendously the past 7 games. Coaches may be expecting more of that then the first 9 games.

Overall a much different looking group and IMO expected results. And with all the offensive weapons the defenses are less likely to be loading the box or committing extra pass rushers. With the overall improvement to the line, Bolles wont be on an island as much . He can be helped out by play calling, chips, double teams, plays away or directly at his defender depending on the advantages .

Injuries had the oline with holes in several places and defenses exploited it. Offenses can hide a weak link, they cant hide several. If all goes to plan this season the offense will be able to influence the defenses more then we have seen in several years. IMO the OTs will be immensely helped by the threat of what the Broncos are capable of doing now. The only group that may have benefited more then the OTs is the RBs. Both Gordon and Lindsey will get opportunities with the lanes that should be created with the expected coverages to slow down the Broncos receiving game.

Looks good on paper, now they have to do it in games. They figure it out and this could be a really dynamic offense. Especially after a season or two of development. I'm excited about the possibilities.
    11 personnel with Sutton, Fant, Jeudy, Hamler and Gordon/Lindsay, I doubt there will be more than six in the box. With that personnel package, it might be five in the box. Spread formations with that personnel package will open up the rushing attack, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Here is a great article on Elway personally timing KJ Hamler's 100 yd td return off of video.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...eturn.amp.html

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMoss View Post
    I think after the shock has settled, it would be nice to have a separate thread to discuss what KJ can add to our offense.

We needed a speed guy to round out our WR corps. This is going to free up all our other receivers.

Look how scary this offense has become over the course of 2 days:

1. The big physical specimen with hands that can outmuscle any CB one on one - Sutton
    2. The ankle breaking route runner who could be an elite possession receiver with speed - Jeudy
    3. The speed burner who will force D's to add a safety over the top on him - KJ Hamler
    4. A huge specimen with speed and major mismatch to nfl linebackers - Noah Fant
    5. One of the best receiving Rb's in the game - Melvin Gordon
    6. Great depth for blocking packages or injury in Patrick and Hamilton

But my man said it best about KJ Hamler " He's allergic to DB's, he can't get infected". Check out this video, you will surely be entertained

Couldn’t watch the video... that narrator is farrrrrrrrrr too annoying,,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    KJ has decent sized hands, but he is not a ball snatcher...so gonna have to live with the drops that come from letting the ball into the body. It is something small guys do a lot, think it is a "protecting their body" thing. Hard behavior to recondition a WR out of imo.
    Yep, my main critique about him. I hope he can break the trend of "body catchers" not improving much in the NFL cause his other tangibles are pretty insane.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Couldn’t watch the video... that narrator is farrrrrrrrrr too annoying,,
    Step 1: Mute
    Step 2: Turn on Closed Captioning.

Cody Roark:

Our fan base is going to love KJ Hamler.
    He is such an electric player and everything he does brings a level of excitement. He is going to get the Devin Hester treatment from our fan base in no time.

I know people have concerns about his drop percentage, but as a PSU fan it truly never felt like an issue. Maybe in the same sense that Bears fans have only a faint recollection of Hesters 30 fumbles. Hamler had a couple of ugly ones and they have been replayed to death, but many times he got his hands on balls that looked nowhere near him. He is hard to over-throw and I remember far more times wondering what Clifford was thinking.

I'm excited we got him and I think he landed in one of the best situations he could have. Some players just bring a level of excitement that can't be measured. It's not just speed, it's the moves at top speed that make him so dangerous. Im excited to see what he does now that defenses can't afford to overplay him so much.
    Welcome to Denver KJ!

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    He is such an electric player and everything he does brings a level of excitement. He is going to get the Devin Hester treatment from our fan base in no time.

I know people have concerns about his drop percentage, but as a PSU fan it truly never felt like an issue. Maybe in the same sense that Bears fans have only a faint recollection of Hesters 30 fumbles. Hamler had a couple of ugly ones and they have been replayed to death, but many times he got his hands on balls that looked nowhere near him. He is hard to over-throw and I remember far more times wondering what Clifford was thinking.

I'm excited we got him and I think he landed in one of the best situations he could have. Some players just bring a level of excitement that can't be measured. It's not just speed, it's the moves at top speed that make him so dangerous. Im excited to see what he does now that defenses can't afford to overplay him so much.
    Welcome to Denver KJ!
    I think it is his agility combined with his acceleration. He gets up to top speed really quickly

Welcome to Denver KJ!
    I had to double check Hester’s stats to make sure you were right, that’s a lot of fumbles! 8 his rookie year when he was viewed as the most lethal player with the ball in his hands... 41 in his career... big plays really erase the bad in the history books.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMoss View Post
    I think after the shock has settled, it would be nice to have a separate thread to discuss what KJ can add to our offense.

We needed a speed guy to round out our WR corps. This is going to free up all our other receivers.

Look how scary this offense has become over the course of 2 days:

1. The big physical specimen with hands that can outmuscle any CB one on one - Sutton
    2. The ankle breaking route runner who could be an elite possession receiver with speed - Jeudy
    3. The speed burner who will force D's to add a safety over the top on him - KJ Hamler
    4. A huge specimen with speed and major mismatch to nfl linebackers - Noah Fant
    5. One of the best receiving Rb's in the game - Melvin Gordon
    6. Great depth for blocking packages or injury in Patrick and Hamilton

But my man said it best about KJ Hamler " He's allergic to DB's, he can't get infected". Check out this video, you will surely be entertained

Highlight vids like to show TDs but I learned more about his skills in the plays he did not score. The dude is fast, elusive, quick change of direction and fearless in traffic.

Welcome to Denver KJ!
    KJ Hamler is electric and dynamic player that should help Denver with speed and being deep threat that can take the top of the defense. Hamler needs to work on his hands and not dropping balls he has far too many drops.

Welcome to Denver KJ!
    I was waiting for you to comment!

Our discussions in other threads caused me to look into Hamler more as a prospect. I never thought we would go WR again after taking Jeudy, so my initial reaction to us taking Hamler was a bit sour. My feelings aside, however, Hamler is a stud prospect. He is 100% that game-breaking playmaker that you mentioned. I couldn’t help but think about how you said that Hamler forced opposing defenses to respect him, something that I never saw opponents really do for Ruggs or Reagor frequently. He will face faster, tougher NFL defensive backs, but I trust his insane athletic talent and Shumur’s scheme to continue to make him a dangerous threat every time he steps on the field.

My gut feeling tells me that our fanbase will quickly fall in love with Hamler’s deep receiving ability and the electric element he brings to the offense. I love Jeudy, but I think by the end of 2020– we’ll be seeing more Hamler jerseys than Jeudy ones in the stadium. I’m excited and even more encouraged by your comments on Hamler leading up to the draft.
    Last edited by HDbroncos02; 04-29-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Welcome to Denver KJ!
    I really appreciate this post. While I was really hoping for a tackle I will admit Hamler was one of my favorites coming into the draft. I had such mixed emotions when I saw his name. Hamlers small space quickness is unreal as is his ability to wiggle at near full speed. I agree he just has the “IT” factor. I am excited to see what he does and hope he ends up closer to Hill than Austin

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I was waiting for you to comment!

Our discussions in other threads caused me to look into Hamler more as a prospect. I never thought we would go WR again after taking Jeudy, so my initial reaction to us taking Hamler was a bit sour. My feelings aside, however, Hamler is a stud prospect. He is 100% that game-breaking playmaker that you mentioned. I couldn’t help but think about how you said that Hamler forced opposing defenses to respect him, something that I never saw opponents really do for Ruggs or Reagor frequently. He will face faster, tougher NFL defensive backs, but I trust his insane athletic talent and Shumur’s scheme to continue to make him a dangerous threat every time he steps on the field.

My gut feeling tells me that our fanbase will quickly fall in love with Reagor’s deep receiving ability and the electric element he brings to the offense. I love Jeudy, but I think by the end of 2020– we’ll be seeing more Hamler jerseys than Jeudy ones in the stadium. I’m excited and even more encouraged by your comments on Hamler leading up to the draft.
    I think the NFL (specifically the Broncos offense) will make Hamler more dangerous than college. Yes, the NFL will have bigger, faster and smarter players, but KJ was the only real threat on that team in college. In fact, Hamler caught almost 50% of all catches thrown to receivers on his team last year. Needless to say defenses were game planning specifically for him.

Now with the Broncos, with various personnel packages, you will have some combination of Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, Gordon etc etc with Hamler in the slot or probably switching it up with Jeudy on the outside occasionally.

Hamler might be the 3rd, 4th or even 5th receiver that draws attention. Hamler will be at times 1 on 1 with linebackers and defensive backs that might be 4th or 5th on the depth charts. These are matchups that Hamler will own when given. When teams start paying more and more attention to him, Courtland and Jeudy will start going wild, it's the beauty of our offense. We have the ultimate pieces to play chess with any D.

I also love the Dawg in Hamler. If a team does put a small speedster d back on Hamler, I like his chances in breaking free from those small defenders even if they have the speed to keep up with him.

We are going to be so spoiled with Jeudy and his routes, that KJ might get a little overlooked with his. KJ is no slouch, his moves at top speed are beautiful to behold.
    Last edited by MarshallMoss; 04-29-2020 at 07:04 PM.
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Whelp. As of right now I like Sutton, Jeudy, Patrick, Hamilton, Hamler, Winfree to make the active roster. Should be interesting if we actually get a Training Camp. Seems like they could follow the same precautions that essential workers are following.