Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 61 to 68 of 68
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    This kidís highlights are electric, but Jeudy is who Iím really excited about. I watched some highlights the other day, and man that dude is a beast. I understand itís just highlights, but still.....heís an ankle breaker.
    Iím excited about all three of the starting WRs as a group. All are dynamic in their own way. All can have a game changing impact if given the chance.

    If Lock can build some chemistry with these guys this can be a very entertaining offense. Has the potential to be some high level chess games as defenses try to confuse and cover the trio every play.

    Somebody is getting open and it will be up to Lock to find him. And we canít forget the TEs and RBs as options. Broncos upgraded offense has the potential to give DCs nightmares. I love it!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,615
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Iím excited about all three of the starting WRs as a group. All are dynamic in their own way. All can have a game changing impact if given the chance.

    If Lock can build some chemistry with these guys this can be a very entertaining offense. Has the potential to be some high level chess games as defenses try to confuse and cover the trio every play.

    Somebody is getting open and it will be up to Lock to find him. And we canít forget the TEs and RBs as options. Broncos upgraded offense has the potential to give DCs nightmares. I love it!
    They all compliment each other very well, and I also really like what Tim Patrick brings to the table as well. Sutton is really emerging, if one of the others can as well, we are extremely dynamic. Add in the potential of the TEs, we could be in the upper tier of offenses.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I am gonna have to disagree with you here jeudy had never had issues for press. He is so smooth off the line it is hard for cbs to get there hands on him. I expect simular things in the nfl
    Who was pressing him?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,407
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    They all compliment each other very well, and I also really like what Tim Patrick brings to the table as well. Sutton is really emerging, if one of the others can as well, we are extremely dynamic. Add in the potential of the TEs, we could be in the upper tier of offenses.
    I thought both Patrick and Hamilton did a solid job last year. But I also prefer them in their current expected roles as backups instead of starters.

    Having either come in for a couple series or even a couple games if one off the big three get injured should not create too much of a drop off. Still talented enough and capable enough to make plays.

    WR depth is a nice luxury to have. It is a tough league.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,609
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Who was pressing him?
    Lsu ran alot of press. I feel there are other teams in the sec specifically that ran press

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,213
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Who was pressing him?
    There was a bit of press coverage in the highlight videos. They were highlight videos, though, so they were showing him beating it. As I recall the guys doing the videos mentioned that pressing him is a big gamble. Also that it's hard to pull off against a slot guy anyway, as these highlights were of him in the slot. From what I saw he beats the press right off the line because he's so quick it's deceiving.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Lsu ran alot of press. I feel there are other teams in the sec specifically that ran press
    LSU played up near the LoS on him 9 times all game. 3 were running plays and 1 was a CB blitz. The other 5 were more of a catch technique rather than a true press and even then LSU was content to let him dance in place as he wasnít targeted on any of those passes and quite frankly only got off the line once because LSU was getting so much pressure.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,825
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    There was a bit of press coverage in the highlight videos. They were highlight videos, though, so they were showing him beating it. As I recall the guys doing the videos mentioned that pressing him is a big gamble. Also that it's hard to pull off against a slot guy anyway, as these highlights were of him in the slot. From what I saw he beats the press right off the line because he's so quick it's deceiving.
    Absolutely, itís extremely hard to press a slot WR as they have a 2 way go, itís why nickel CB is one of the hardest positions to play on defense. And yes pressing him is a gamble because he can get you turned around very quickly and is great after the catch.

    But as it stands now, he needs to show more urgency in getting into his route. Thereís too much dancing which throws off the timing which is all you want out of press coverage. It wasnít a coincidence that he lined up in the slot the majority of the time, itís because itís so much harder to press in the slot when the WR is lined up off the LoS.

    This isnít to say he canít beat press or he wonít be a great player. But itís an area that he needs to work on to be a complete WR as well as his hands. The route running is top notch but heís no where near a finished product and he will need to be coached up to reach his ceiling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •