Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best Offense since 2013?

Is this our best offense ( on paper ) on paper?
    Lots of firepower:
    2013 - 2020
    QBPeyton - Lock
    RB Moreno - Gordon
    RB Ball - Lindsay
    WR DT - Sutton
    WR Decker - Jeudy
    Sl Welker - Hamler
    TE Thomas - Fant
    LT Clark - Bolles ( Clady out for season week 2)
    LG Beadles - Risner
    C Ramirez - Cushenberry
    RG Vasquez - Glasgow
    RT Franklin - James

This is the most exciting line up we have put out on the field offensively 2013 or early 2014.

Iím hoping for another Sports Illustrated cover with Lock, Fant, Sutton, Jeudy, & Hamler

I really like how this is setting up. Maybe too early to project, though you are talking "on paper". On paper, other than a little concern I still have with the Oline, it looks very promising. And though I am a big Lock fan, he is barely more than a rookie, so again, on paper I believe we have our franchise QB, but need a wee bit more evidence.

But Lindsay and Gordon are proven, quality backs, and Sutton gave us big time glimpses at what he is, and Lock had good stats and the Oline seemed quite responsive to him in the lead. And Fant showed us glimpses, though not nearly what I would compare to with Sutton. Sutton's for real, just a question of how good.

But yes, on paper alone I am thrilled! Sutton. Jeudy and Hamler could be an amazing group, and are so young! As is Lock, and Risner and Cush and even Lindsay.

I believe we are truly onto something!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I really like how this is setting up. Maybe too early to project, though you are talking "on paper". On paper, other than a little concern I still have with the Oline, it looks very promising. And though I am a big Lock fan, he is barely more than a rookie, so again, on paper I believe we have our franchise QB, but need a wee bit more evidence.

But Lindsay and Gordon are proven, quality backs, and Sutton gave us big time glimpses at what he is, and Lock had good stats and the Oline seemed quite responsive to him in the lead. And Fant showed us glimpses, though not nearly what I would compare to with Sutton. Sutton's for real, just a question of how good.

But yes, on paper alone I am thrilled! Sutton. Jeudy and Hamler could be an amazing group, and are so young! As is Lock, and Risner and Cush and even Lindsay.

I believe we are truly onto something!
    Iím just having fun, we still have a lot to prove. As far as the oline goes Lock was only sacked 5 times in 5 games and that was with backups at RT Wilkinson, C/ G Schlotman and C/G Morris.
    We get Juwan James back and add Glasgow at RG and Cushenberry at Center. Our line will have possibly 3 up rages at Center, Right Guard, and Right Tackle.
    James looked very good despite injury vs Texans in the first half.
    Iíve learned saying anything that doesnít call for Bolles to be benched or cut is frowned upon, but I think he either plays better this year or gets benched. The team is not going to allow him to kill us with penalties like last year. That said I still have hope Elway makes the Trent Williams trade happen ( giving up picks next year).

The 🔑 to success is now 🔒 which I believe in. Maybe not next year, but I believe we now have the ability to win the division. No team has beat the chiefs with out scoring over 30 points. We averaged 17 or 20. No matter how good the defense is, you have to score a lot. 49ers proved that past year.

We now have the home run hit from anywhere on the field (Hamler). We have the timing route break your ankles first down guy (juedy). Then we have TWO 50/50 catch possession guys in Fant and Sutton which by the way, are deep threats as well. We also have one of the best receivers from the backfield in Gordon.

Top this off with an aggressive OC and a QB with a huge arm. Might take some time to gel, especially with this wonky offseason, but we will score a lot more points. This has been an amazing offseason for the broncos!!! This offense has been turned inside out in 2 years by Elway and I like it!!!

Adding Albert Okwuegbunam, TE!!!!!
    Locks security blanket from Mizzou.

Denver plans on outscoring KC!
    Jeudy 4.45
    Hamler 4.27 (pro day)
    Okwuegbunam 4.49

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I’m just having fun, we still have a lot to prove. As far as the oline goes Lock was only sacked 5 times in 5 games and that was with backups at RT Wilkinson, C/ G Schlotman and C/G Morris.
    We get Juwan James back and add Glasgow at RG and Cushenberry at Center. Our line will have possibly 3 up rages at Center, Right Guard, and Right Tackle.
    James looked very good despite injury vs Texans in the first half.
    I’ve learned saying anything that doesn’t call for Bolles to be benched or cut is frowned upon, but I think he either plays better this year or gets benched. The team is not going to allow him to kill us with penalties like last year. That said I still have hope Elway makes the Trent Williams trade happen ( giving up picks next year).
    It's all good! It is fun. And there is merit to your topic. We are a much better O as a result of The Draft (and the Gordon signing)....not just on paper.

Lots of firepower:
    2013 - 2020
    QBPeyton - Lock
    RB Moreno - Gordon
    RB Ball - Lindsay
    WR DT - Sutton
    WR Decker - Jeudy
    Sl Welker - Hamler
    TE Thomas - Fant
    LG Beadles - Risner
    C Ramirez - Cushenberry
    RG Vasquez - Glasgow
    RT Franklin - James

This is the most exciting line up we have put out on the field offensively 2013 or early 2014.
    Nice comparison.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Kansas City Chiefs vs. Denver Broncos
    Player, Height, Weight, 40, 20, 3 Cone

KC WR depth
    Tyreek Hill 5-10, 185, 4.28, NA, NA
    Sammy Watkins 6-1, 211, 4.43, 4.34, 6.95
    Mecole Hardman 5-10, 187, 4.33, NA, NA
    Demarcus Robinson 6-1, 203, 4.59, 4.19, 6.77

DEN WR depth
    Courtland Sutton, 6-3, 218, 4.54, 4.11, 6.57
    Jerry Jeudy 6-1, 193, 4.45, 4.53, NA
    KJ Hamler 5-9, 178, 4.27, NA, NA

KC TE depth
    Travis Kelce 6-5, 260, 4.61, NA, NA

DEN TE depth
    Albert Okwuebgunam 6-5 258, 4.49, NA, NA
    Noah Fant 6-4, 249, 4.5, 4.22, 6.81

The Broncos receivers appear to be as dynamic as KCs.

Lots of firepower:
    2013 - 2020
    QBPeyton - Lock
    RB Moreno - Gordon
    RB Ball - Lindsay
    WR DT - Sutton
    WR Decker - Jeudy
    Sl Welker - Hamler
    TE Thomas - Fant
    LG Beadles - Risner
    C Ramirez - Cushenberry
    RG Vasquez - Glasgow
    RT Franklin - James

On paper this looks like a great upgrade. I hope it plays out on the field like it should.

Her is what Drew Lock has to say,

https://twitter.com/i/status/1253519505474478081
    Last edited by colowoz; 04-25-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Yes on paper it looks like a massive upgrade than before still needs to be played out on the field. I still have some concerns with offensive line with LT & RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Yes on paper it looks like a massive upgrade than before still needs to be played out on the field. I still have some concerns with offensive line with LT & RT.
    Don't we all? Lord help us if anything happens to the starters.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Don't we all? Lord help us if anything happens to the starters.
    Yeah we will be screwed it really worries me.

until they put up a 40 burger its wishful thinking