Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone else getting Goose bumps?

I would have been happy with the offensive additions prior to the Albert O pick we just made; but now I'm getting goose bumps...Locked and loaded.

I would if I didnít think some states are not going to allow football or other sports this year.

It's overkill. Granted Denver needed another TE but I would have been happier if they had been able to get an OT or ILB even if meant moving up.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    I would have been happy with the offensive additions prior to the Albert O pick we just made; but now I'm getting goose bumps...Locked and loaded.
    Star Command to Buzz Lightyear: "Throw it!"
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Star Command to Buzz Lightyear: "Throw it!"

No Goose Bumps, Was surprised with the 2nd wide out they selected. But after some thought with guys like Benson, Fred Brown, McKnight, spencer and winfree, currently on the roster they have some upgrades . I think Patrick stays.

As for the T.E. pick of Albert O, we have had our share of injuries in the T.E. room. Elway talked about him playing in '18 with Drew Lock and some good connection there.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1253519505474478081

Someones excited with all the talent on this offense.

Denver has ton of fire power now lots of weapons to work with.

I really think Elway has done this team spectacular in recent years with drafting. I hope he sticks around and extends his contract with us.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I would if I didnít think some states are not going to allow football or other sports this year.
    They'll play, hopefully. Question is when, where and in front of whom? I can see neutral sites and no fans, like the NHL and MLB are consider. Just give me something on my TV come Sunday, I'll be happy.
    You should leave a Bronco game at Mile High with little to no voice...

Considering we been bottom of the league in scoring for years I am very happy with the moves we made this off season.

The NFL is not a video game. There is a salary cap that is real and 31 other teams trying to grab talent. We can say we wish we got this or that but not going to get every single thing we want in the NFL in one off season.

In terms of trying to fix our years long problem of scoring points...that should be better next season.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I would if I didn’t think some states are not going to allow football or other sports this year.
    I have been saying since the world wide shutdown started to affect the USA....it will go on until the bigger business players start to push the politicians around and then things will ease up on some level. Things will have a different look but things will start to move forward.

Make no mistake about it big business is in control in the USA and sooner or later they will wrestle control back
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Considering we been bottom of the league in scoring for years I am very happy with the moves we made this off season.

The NFL is not a video game. There is a salary cap that is real and 31 other teams trying to grab talent. We can say we wish we got this or that but not going to get every single thing we want in the NFL in one off season.

In terms of trying to fix our years long problem of scoring points...that should be better next season.
    Iím not nearly as optimistic with the choosing to deliberately ignore the tackle position when we are pretty weak on both sides.

I mean has any team ever really hit on two wrs in the same draft in history? Itís probably happened but my guess is extremely rare. There is most likely greater than 50% odds that either Juedy or Hamler is a complete bust. My guess would be on Hamler.

I know the oline play improved with Lock getting the ball out faster but we still have very problematic tackles that could kill a lot of drives even if itís Bolles holding.

I hope Iím wrong but odds are we could still have quite a few struggles on offense in 2020.

I got a few bumps when I knew we had our choice of such good receivers, and then chose one. Sutton and Jeudy make me happy! I might have got more bumps had we landed a quality OT afterward, or perhaps a higher ranked CB/ILB. Cush was an excellent selection!

Overall it was a good experience. But when I think of our O, minus the wee concern at OT, I get pumped!

I'll repeat, 28th on total O and scoring. Needed to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I’m not nearly as optimistic with the choosing to deliberately ignore the tackle position when we are pretty weak on both sides.

I mean has any team ever really hit on two wrs in the same draft in history? It’s probably happened but my guess is extremely rare. There is most likely greater than 50% odds that either Juedy or Hamler is a complete bust. My guess would be on Hamler.

I know the oline play improved with Lock getting the ball out faster but we still have very problematic tackles that could kill a lot of drives even if it’s Bolles holding.

I hope I’m wrong but odds are we could still have quite a few struggles on offense in 2020.
    yea I completely understand your feeling. I went into the off season essentially hoping we would do with the OL what we did with the WRs.

I think if the OL is strong than our offense will be strong.

We do one an elite OL guy in Munchak in the building so if the team got together and thought this was the best path to score more points I am on the train myself.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I got a few bumps when I knew we had our choice of such good receivers, and then chose one. Sutton and Jeudy make me happy! I might have got more bumps had we landed a quality OT afterward, or perhaps a higher ranked CB/ILB. Cush was an excellent selection!

Overall it was a good experience. But when I think of our O, minus the wee concern at OT, I get pumped!

I'll repeat, 28th on total O and scoring. Needed to fix that.
    I showed the stats in another thread...we been bottom feeders in scoring for 4 years. Even 2015 we were just below average.

We need guys who can score points.