Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I don't understand that. Tackle was never a priority for upgrade. Our tackle situation was largely middle of the pack, with one of the better RTs missing most of the year and the LT showing improvement. It made sense for us to interview tackles, to make sure teams in front of us took them, but tackle was never a serious consideration, nor should it have been with the 8 tackles we have on ththe roster- half of them with regular season game experience.

Now, if James is again injured all year and/or Bolles doesn't play near the level he did from the second half of last year, then tackle could be a target in 2021, but a tackle in 2020 never made any sense.

Have to totally disagree, and not sure if we aren't still going to try to pick a vet up in FA. James hardly played last year at all and I so far have seen nothing that suggests he will this year. Bolles got beat around the edge way too much last year and killed many a drive from holding. Tacklle has been our Achiles heal on offense for years and with Wilkinson as plan B there was every reason to address the issue. Heck the only reason our blind side tackle was not benched last year was cause Our Right tackle wasn't getting on the field and we did not have the depth to address it. That in itself would make me at least want to get better depth at the position(s). Bolles may have looked better toward the end of the year when Drew took over, that doesn't mean we can't improve on the position. And I don't see why anybody would count on James for anything. He may have the most talent but as Sam would say the most important ability is availability. Right now all I have seen is a high paid cheer leader. I don't see how anyone can be comfortable with any of our current Tackle prospects going into the year. It only takes 1 hit to take our QB out. If nothing else this year we need him to gain experience in the NFL and with our new Offensive players and playbook. I hope to God both tackles show up and play well this year, but I'm not counting on it and I don't see how anybody could be at this point in time.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 04-27-2020 at 04:08 PM.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Not even exaggerating, if Jerry Jeudy is a Bronco for his entire career... I think heíll easily surpass Rod Smithís receiving records for our franchise. I have yet to fully process how good of a wide receiver we just added in the 1st round. Let alone KJ Hamler, a Dante Hall/Tavon Austin type.

Jeudy just turned 21 and is already the best route runner Iíve seen coming out of college football in five years. Usually youíd associate crafty route running with an undersized slot guy with mediocre athleticism, but the 6í1Ē Jeudy is explosive off the LOS and has insane quickness and change-of-direction ability that would make Allen Iverson jealous.

I know Sutton is the proverbial WR1 and Jeudy is perceived to come in as a WR2 to complement our young Pro Bowler, but they could very likely end up being WR1A and WR1B (respectively) by the end of the season. I canít wait for the GameDay threads on here. For so long, our offense has mightily struggled to sustain drives for long periods of time, but now we have a competent QB (Lock) and a reliable, high volume WR (Jeudy) that can move the chains consistently (remember AB torching us in 2015?). Not to mention our freakish 50-50 red zone star in Sutton, an electric, home run threat in Hamler, and an athletic, nightmarish mismatch at TE in Fant.

I would love for Lock to take the next step in his development, and with his mindset and work ethicó I have little doubt that he will. BUT even if Lock maintains his level of play from his 5 games last season, these weapons instantly make our offense incredibly dangerous with a decent QB at the helm.

U all know more about college football I just hope we hit a home run. I would have done different but Iím not good at it

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to seeing this offense grow. Honestly, I found watching the defense more exciting than watching the offense since the year we won the Super Bowl. I can't wait to see all these new weapons from these last two years of drafted players and free agents mix to form our offense this year. Every offensive position is going to be fun to watch (WRs, TEs, RBs, and QB). Heck, I can't wait to see what our offensive line looks like this year. I know a lot of people are down on Bolles, but he actually didn't do too bad towards the end of last year. Maybe he finally puts it together this year (I know it's a big hope). Needless to say, things are going to be fun.