Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I showed the stats in another thread...we been bottom feeders in scoring for 4 years. Even 2015 we were just below average.

We need guys who can score points.
    Sorry I missed the stats you provided. But yes, it was time!

Haha....now I'm wondering how we spread the ball around without offending anyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    yea I completely understand your feeling. I went into the off season essentially hoping we would do with the OL what we did with the WRs.

I think if the OL is strong than our offense will be strong.

We do one an elite OL guy in Munchak in the building so if the team got together and thought this was the best path to score more points I am on the train myself.
    Itís not even that Iím not optimistic and excited for the season. Itís just hard to be ďgoose bumpsĒ over high expectations for two rookie wrs when weíve watched a mostly abysmal offense for really 5 straight seasons. Because really it wasnít even all that outstanding Manningís final season.

Iíll be a lot more excited come August but just trying to temper my expectations a little the day after. Because like I said historical odds are that one of those two wrs is gonna fall flat on their face in the league.

Seems like these boards come in expecting 10-12 wins every season since 2015 and it hasnít been actually realized once.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Itís not even that Iím not optimistic and excited for the season. Itís just hard to be ďgoose bumpsĒ over high expectations for two rookie wrs when weíve watched a mostly abysmal offense for really 5 straight seasons. Because really it wasnít even all that outstanding Manningís final season.

Iíll be a lot more excited come August but just trying to temper my expectations a little the day after. Because like I said historical odds are that one of those two wrs is gonna fall flat on their face in the league.

Seems like these boards come in expecting 10-12 wins every season since 2015 and it hasnít been actually realized once.
    Your right the boards usually do predict that. After the SB and how bad our offense was in 2015 didnít seem like a stretch. And then in 2016 we went 9-7.
    Which set us up to believe we would improve in 2017.
    But reality and bad drafts and free agent misses caught up with us.
    2017 & 2018 we were BAD ( as in trash)!

2019 we were 7-9, but we competed and lost 4 games in the final seconds.
    Competing in games ( except KC) and finishing season 4-1, gives me hope we really could win 10 games this year. Our team worked through a lot of issues.
    Oline improved from 24th to 12th per PFF.

Additions to this team:

Offense:
    RB Gordon
    WR Jeudy
    WR Hamler
    TE Albert O
    TE Vannett
    G Muti
    C Cushenberry
    G Glasgow
    RT James ( technically an addition)

Defense:
    CB Bouye
    CB Ojemudia
    CB Callahan ( technically an addition)
    OLB Chubb ( technically an addition)
    OLB Tuzka
    DL Casey
    ILB Strnad
    Last edited by 58Miller; 04-26-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Goose Bumps? I didn't even get Easter Eggs!
    😆

Good things are coming. It's been several years since I was truly this excited for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Your right the boards usually do predict that. After the SB and how bad our offense was in 2015 didnít seem like a stretch. And then in 2016 we went 9-7.
    Which set us up to believe we would improve in 2017.
    But reality and bad drafts and free agent misses caught up with us.
    2017 & 2018 we were BAD ( as in trash)!

2019 we were 7-9, but we competed and lost 4 games in the final seconds.
    Competing in games ( except KC) and finishing season 4-1, gives me hope we really could win 10 games this year. Our team worked through a lot of issues.
    Oline improved from 24th to 12th per PFF.

Additions to this team:

Offense:
    RB Gordon
    WR Jeudy
    WR Hamler
    TE Albert O
    TE Vannett
    G Muti
    C Cushenberry
    G Glasgow
    RT James ( technically an addition)

Defense:
    CB Bouye
    CB Ojemudia
    CB Callahan ( technically an addition)
    OLB Chubb ( technically an addition)
    OLB Tuzka
    DL Casey
    ILB Strnad
    My main point is itís just hard to be super excited four months before the season when we did nothing to improve the tackle position. August will be a different story.

I also agree that itís hard to be super excited when Iím not convinced the season will even occur.

I mean has any team ever really hit on two wrs in the same draft in history? Itís probably happened but my guess is extremely rare.
    An argument can be made the Broncos did with DT and Decker. I know Decker flamed our pretty quick, he was still pretty good in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    An argument can be made the Broncos did with DT and Decker. I know Decker flamed our pretty quick, he was still pretty good in Denver.
    Decker was a big draft hit. If Hamler score 30 plus Tds on his rookie deal, I think we would all be thrilled!
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

My main point is itís just hard to be super excited four months before the season when we did nothing to improve the tackle position. August will be a different story.

I also agree that itís hard to be super excited when Iím not convinced the season will even occur.
    I don't understand that. Tackle was never a priority for upgrade. Our tackle situation was largely middle of the pack, with one of the better RTs missing most of the year and the LT showing improvement. It made sense for us to interview tackles, to make sure teams in front of us took them, but tackle was never a serious consideration, nor should it have been with the 8 tackles we have on ththe roster- half of them with regular season game experience.

Now, if James is again injured all year and/or Bolles doesn't play near the level he did from the second half of last year, then tackle could be a target in 2021, but a tackle in 2020 never made any sense.

Iím definitely looking forward to an interesting brand of football. Iím not expecting as big of a leap as others, but I certainly believe we will no longer be bored to tears watching a completely inept and anemic offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I don't understand that. Tackle was never a priority for upgrade. Our tackle situation was largely middle of the pack, with one of the better RTs missing most of the year and the LT showing improvement. It made sense for us to interview tackles, to make sure teams in front of us took them, but tackle was never a serious consideration, nor should it have been with the 8 tackles we have on ththe roster- half of them with regular season game experience.

Now, if James is again injured all year and/or Bolles doesn't play near the level he did from the second half of last year, then tackle could be a target in 2021, but a tackle in 2020 never made any sense.
    It has been a trend with bolles he plays better later he would still have been benched by now on most teams

The WRs are part of it but most of it imo is Lock.

The TEs started to get involved in his 5 starts for the first time since PM was here in terms of action and amount of action. The OL looked better under Lock because imo he did not hold the ball as long as other QBs we have seen before Lock. His mobility also contributed but it was not all the reason.

Give Lock a WR like Jeudy who can get open fast. Give him a couple more TEs who can stay healthy. Give him Gordon. Give the OL another solid player we signed at OG.

Those are reasons alone to have some goose bumps imo.

Not even talking about some of the real hope smoke like maybe James plays most of the year at RT and maybe Bolles takes another step forward in his development under an elite OL coach. Shoot maybe that OL guy we drafted later stays healthy whom some say would have been a high first round pick without his injury questions.

We had too many holes to fix everything in one off season but I do think we in good spot to be an elite team in 2021. Lot needs to happen between now and then but when considering the things we can look at now ... I think it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

I can find seven:

Ja'Wuan James suited up for 65 games in six seasons with 65 starts;

Garrett Bolles suited up for 48 games in three seasons with 48 starts;

Elijah Wilkinson suited up for 36 games in three seasons with 19 starts, 7 at RG and 12 at RT;

Jake Rodgers suited up for 14 games in five seasons with 1 start;

Quinn Bailey was an UDFA in 2019 and suited up for 1 game;

Calvin Anderson was an UDFA in 2019 and was inactive all season;

Ka'John Armstrong was an UDFA in 2019 signed to Denver's PS in December.

Who is your eighth T?

Jake Rodgers has very little regular season game experience. He was drafted in the seventh round in 2015, and since then has been on the PS of eight teams (signed to Pittsburgh's PS three times) He was signed to Denver's PS before being promoted to their roster; first time he'd been on one. He came off the bench in the penultimate game against the Lions and made his first start against the Raiders in the season finale. It is true to say that he has some regular season experience, but it is a bit of a disingenuous stretch to say so without qualification.

If your intention is to make a fair statement, you should say that a T in 2020 never made any sense to you, unless you can provide a link with a direct quote from someone in the Denver Broncos organization to the effect that they never intended to draft a T, if one was available, and didn't have a single one on their board.

If you can't tell me who the eighth T is, there are seven, three of whom have what could reasonably be considered experience.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Sorry I missed the stats you provided. But yes, it was time!

Haha....now I'm wondering how we spread the ball around without offending anyone!!!

It shows a pretty bleak picture of Broncos in terms of scoring points for years...you did not miss much

In terms of spreading the ball around....hopefully we got a bunch of guys who are ok with Lock taking advantage of what the defenses give and realize the defense will decide who gets the ball

Not goose bumps yet but pretty excited. Elway upgraded the offense significantly. I was hoping for a top 3 WR and another late like Cleveland. The additions of Hamler and Albert O were unexpected and welcome.

This offense has been pathetic. The past few seasons they have been firmly planted in the bottom 5 in the league in just about every statistical category. If they can battle their way to the league averages it will be significant gains.

I am not expecting a revamped offense with so many inexperienced players and a new OC to rewrite the history books. But expectations should be high for increased efficiency and improvement. How much we will find out.

What is realistic to expect on 3 and outs, yards gained and TDs? Can the rushing game give us 20 yards per game more? More? How about the pass game? 50 yards per game increase? More? 17.6 pts per game.... can we expect another 7pts a game?

Broncos added more dynamic playmakers then I expected. But they also should be much better at moving the chains by both pass and rush. They should be much more effective in the RedZone with TD instead of FGs.

Iím excited with the possibilities. Just getting to ďaverageĒ will be a huge improvement. But adding a TD, adding 75ypg or adding one first down to most drives changes puts them in the top half of the league and the overall outlook of the game changes.

It will be up to them to find ways to make it happen. IMO the roster improvements make it much more attainable though.

That would give me goose bumps.