Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    That jumped out to me. After watching Paradis get handled by bigger 0 techniques for years in pass protection it is the first thing I look at when looking at centers. Cushenberry has really long arms and usually wins by getting hands on players before they get going, and he has a solid anchor. He doesn't necessarily have amazing strength in his hands, but he has good recovery as well when he loses that first contact. In the run game he usually isn't moving bigger guys out of the hole with power, he usually needs some assistance. But he does look to be a good positional blocker in the run game.
    I think with time he could be an all around stud in the league. Good at all phases of it, with time spent with pro strength and conditioning coaches he could become elite??? Imo, he has the potential

That jumped out to me. After watching Paradis get handled by bigger 0 techniques for years in pass protection it is the first thing I look at when looking at centers. Cushenberry has really long arms and usually wins by getting hands on players before they get going, and he has a solid anchor. He doesn't necessarily have amazing strength in his hands, but he has good recovery as well when he loses that first contact. In the run game he usually isn't moving bigger guys out of the hole with power, he usually needs some assistance. But he does look to be a good positional blocker in the run game.
    Center blocking assignments on angle blocked run plays differ from split-front to odd-front. The former would involve more down, scoop and pulls while the latter would require more base, drive, reach and doubles. We'll see how Lloyd does with zone steps and angle blocks against all fronts. I doubt if pass blocking will be a problem for him.

Denver's projected interior of Risner, Cushenberry and Glasgow may be able to keep the pocket from collapsing as well as dealing with stunts and twists. They have a good coach. He'll have them ready.

As far as the outside is concerned, there is much that Shurmur (a former O-Lineman and O-Line coach) can do to help the Tackles. Formations can force D to devote fewer defenders to the box, and TEs/H-Backs and RBs can help out. I expect Shurmur and Munchak to be on the same page.

I think this is spot on. He is a former HS tackle, as are many interior lineman, but most guys move because of the lack of length. That said, Cushenberry has the same length arms as Tristan Wirfs and Austin Jackson.

While Cushenberry isnít going to, and may never will move bodies off the line of scrimmage, we donít need him to with our two guards. Those guys will help Cushenberry shine in the run game.

Yeah, while not excellent in any one area, he is good at everything, a very well rounded prospect. I would also say he was one of the safest picks in the draft because of this. You would assume as of right now he starts from week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    I think this is spot on. He is a former HS tackle, as are many interior lineman, but most guys move because of the lack of length. That said, Cushenberry has the same length arms as Tristan Wirfs and Austin Jackson.

While Cushenberry isnít going to, and may never will move bodies off the line of scrimmage, we donít need him to with our two guards. Those guys will help Cushenberry shine in the run game.
    Some O-Line coaches I've known like their Centers with long legs. Those are usually the Tackles.

What a good interview with Elway !
    Elway is a true NFL football God !!!
    I'm so proud of Elway for all his accomplishments with the Denver Broncos.

I Love Ole' #7

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    What a good interview with Elway !
    Elway is a true NFL football God !!!
    I'm so proud of Elway for all his accomplishments with the Denver Broncos.

I Love Ole' #7
    He always strives to be better, never says he's the best....not afraid to look at himself and work at improving his craft. Was originally known at only being good at free agency but fell short in drafting. Well, he learned to change that strategy and look, potentially three strong draft classes. Hat trick !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I really liked the honesty and the approach that Elway brings.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I really liked the honesty and the approach that Elway brings.
    No doubt; nice to hear his perspective.