• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gsam
    Playmaker
    • Nov 2006

Elway Crushed it.

Obviously we wont know till the pads come on, but on paper, Elway absolutely killed this draft. There were not any of those WTH type picks that he used to do. The gambles were done later. He picked high production, high pedigree, intelligent type players. This may be his finest work. What are your thoughts?
  • Fantaztic7
    Banned User
    • Dec 2015

Please correctly spell Elway in the thread title.

Comment

• Gsam
      Playmaker
      • Nov 2006

Yeah can't do that now. Guess a mod will have to. I was too busy doing cartwheels.

Comment

• Spice 1
        Football Immortal
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
        Please correctly spell Elway in the thread title.
        Misspelling names in thread titles is a requisite at this point.

Hamler was a great receiver to get at where we got him. I would've gone somewhere else, but it was a good value pick, and I think he will make an impact. People are really high on Ojemudia. Lot of faith in the system, and getting good fits. I just know that we don't have a clear #1 caliber corner on this defense right now. If Ojemudia becomes that guy, then yes, Elway certainly crushed it. If he or someone else is not, I defer to the negative takes on Harris last season. As of right now, we don't have that. I saw Bouye in Jacksonville after they traded Ramsey. Maybe he IS a better fit for Vic, and does better in Denver. We'll see. Got a poor man's Isaiah Simmons type of player at linebacker. I do have a lot of faith in Fangio's ability to properly use a player like that. Far more than I did with VJ. God speed, Isaiah.

Another requirement for Elway to crush it in the draft is dependent on how Bolles does as well. He may have. I know one thing. If all else fails, we got Jeudy, who I expect to be very good in the NFL. The chances of this draft being a bust are slim. I probably speak for everyone when I say this is easily the most excited I've been since '15. Maybe more, given the way '14 ended.
        Last edited by Spice 1; 04-25-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Chillez
          Football Immortal
          • Sep 2008

This was stellar offensive draft for sure still have a few question marks on the o-line however. I think we could’ve added some really good players there and more depth.
          sigpic

Comment

• samparnell
            Soy Capitan Meshpoint
            • Nov 2007

Yep. Crushed it.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• RunYouOver
              Admin
              • Jan 2005

I fixed the thread title. But only because I agree that Elway crushed it
              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                Yeah can't do that now. Guess a mod will have to. I was too busy doing cartwheels.
                Don't feel bad...I've messed up my share of titles along the way. I think we know what you meant. More important, there was some serious.....

Orange Crushing going on!!

:thumb:

Comment

• Peanut
                  ModNut
                  • Jan 2007

It's hard to type when you're upside down.

Thanks, RYO!
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                    Banned User
                    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                    Misspelling names in thread titles is a requisite at this point.

Hamler was a great receiver to get at where we got him. I would've gone somewhere else, but it was a good value pick, and I think he will make an impact. People are really high on Ojemudia. Lot of faith in the system, and getting good fits. I just know that we don't have a clear #1 caliber corner on this defense right now. If Ojemudia becomes that guy, then yes, Elway certainly crushed it. If he or someone else is not, I defer to the negative takes on Harris last season. As of right now, we don't have that. I saw Bouye in Jacksonville after they traded Ramsey. Maybe he IS a better fit for Vic, and does better in Denver. We'll see. Got a poor man's Isaiah Simmons type of player at linebacker. I do have a lot of faith in Fangio's ability to properly use a player like that. Far more than I did with VJ. God speed, Isaiah.

Another requirement for Elway to crush it in the draft is dependent on how Bolles does as well. He may have. I know one thing. If all else fails, we got Jeudy, who I expect to be very good in the NFL. The chances of this draft being a bust are slim. I probably speak for everyone when I say this is easily the most excited I've been since '15. Maybe more, given the way '14 ended.
                    Remains to be seen if Hamler will be great. I think Jeudy will be very productive but until he plays we don’t know. I thought Cushenberry was a nice pickup in the 3rd round as I had him in the 2nd. Ojemudia is an interesting prospect, maybe he develops like Simmons did over several seasons. Hopeful the rest can develop into contributors. Maybe Justin Strnad can contribute early on Special Teams. Too early to say if Elway crushed the draft.

Comment

• Banner29
                      Practice Squad
                      • Feb 2020

I overall am extremely happy with this draft. Jeudy was no.1 on my board, I think he can come in day 1 and make an impact and will be a star in this league.

Hamler I was confused on at first. But the more thought I put into it the more I liked it. I have seen comparisons to Tavon Austin with him. And as a former Ram fan all I have to say is that while Tavon had his share of problems that led him to be a bust, he also didn’t have it as easy as Hamler will. They had no weapons and spotty QB play. The little guy could get eaten up by defenses rather easily and that hurt his development. Hamler will have Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, Gordon and Lindsey all taking pressure off him. This kid could be an X factor.

Ojemudia and Agim are interesting picks that both seem to need substantial development and great coaching, but both possess desirable tools, and are smart and coachable players. Very interested to see how the defensive guru Fangio will develop them. I will be interested to see if Elway jumps quick on Prince as a stop gap corner to give Ojemudia time to develop

Nothing more to say about Cushenberry then thank god. Interior line looks stout

Albert O was another surprise but he’s got a lot of talent. Very fast for his size. Will be interesting to see how he’s used given Shurmur isn’t known for 2 TE sets. But another weapon for Lock. And a familiar one

Absolutely love the Muti pick. Guy is big strong and nasty. Relentless on his blocks and does not get overpowered. I pray he can stay healthy

Strnad I like. Could develop into a nice rotational ILB or at worst a special teamer

Elway made a point to give Lock what he needs

Comment

• CanDB
                        Football Immortal
                        • Mar 2008

Yeah....Elway gave our young QB much more love than Rodgers got in GB!!!

Comment

• 58Miller
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jul 2013

Obviously we wont know till the pads come on, but on paper, Elway absolutely killed this draft. There were not any of those WTH type picks that he used to do. The gambles were done later. He picked high production, high pedigree, intelligent type players. This may be his finest work. What are your thoughts?
                          I agree Elway knocked it out of the park!
                          I am confident they took the guys they had highest on their list and didn’t reach for a position.

Things I learned:
                          1. Elway is confident in our tackle talent. Bolles in his 4th year and James coming back from injury along with the depth of Wilkinson and Rodgers.

2. Elway is All In on Lock!! His actions make it loud and clear:
                          RB Melvin Gordon
                          RG Graham Glasgow
                          TE Nick Vannett
                          WR Jerry Jeudy
                          WR KJ Hamler
                          C Lloyd Cushenberry
                          TE Albert Okwuegbunam
                          G Netane Muti
                          WR Tyrie Cleveland

3. Elway turned the #10 2019 pick into TE Fant, Qb Drew Lock, and C Lloyd Cushenberry

4. Elway is dedicated to improving the oline:
                          2019 - drafted Risner and signed James
                          2020 - drafted C Cushenberry and G Muti, signed Glasgow
                          Elway has signed two starters and invested a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th rd draft picks.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Spice 1
                            Football Immortal
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            Remains to be seen if Hamler will be great. I think Jeudy will be very productive but until he plays we don’t know. I thought Cushenberry was a nice pickup in the 3rd round as I had him in the 2nd. Ojemudia is an interesting prospect, maybe he develops like Simmons did over several seasons. Hopeful the rest can develop into contributors. Maybe Justin Strnad can contribute early on Special Teams. Too early to say if Elway crushed the draft.
                            Where'd you have him going, 3rd round? I don't think I ever saw him mocked into the 3rd round. I saw him in the 1st once or twice.

You know what's funny about the catch percentage stat on Hamler, is I think about Will Fuller. Will Fuller STILL can't catch, and yet the Texans were a completely different offense with him on the field.
                            Last edited by Spice 1; 04-25-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• BroncosIsWin
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Aug 2011

I was really upset with the 2nd round pick, but I cooled down after seeing the next few rounds picks. Could they have waited on some of the players and traded back? Possibly. Should they have waited? If you like the player and think they'll make your team a better football team, you go get them. It doesn't matter what analysts think or where they had them projected. All that matter is they got the players they wanted.

Comment

Working...
                              X