Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    [/B]

See I think counting on James/Bolles/Wilkinson to be there consistently and protect our qb is very irresponsible imo.
    I'm sure he/she meant financially irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    My take:

Jeudy and Hamler will definately spice the offense up, but overall the value of the picks were just bad. Jeudy is Ridley 2.0. I have watched both guys several times and you would have a hard time picking each one out of a lineup. Ridley went #26 (granted it was a more talented draft) and we took Jeudy #15...

Hamler is a two trick pony, he has the ability to eat up cushion so fast it will push DBs back...which is a good thing for the run game because he sure aint blocking anyone. His tricks are vertical game and creating spacing. He should be excellent at both. I think late 2nd early third, but I don't mind the early grab.
    I don't see it the same way. I will admit I was surprised by the WR picks back to back. I am still not sure if I am happy with it. I think I would have preferred Cleveland instead of Hamler and picked up another WR later... but I disagree on value. By almost all accounts Jeudy was the steal of the first round. I suspect Ridley is a his floor and Brown is his ceiling and he probably lands somewhere between the 2, which would be perfect.

After the evidence came out about Hamler's clocked speed I don't think there is any way he was lasting much longer. He is just too fast and the MPH on his runs proved out to be so high. I don't think we could have waited until round 3 to get him. I think he was drafted about the right spot... Same reason Reagor and Ruggs went so high.

Where I have problems with the value of Hamler is less about where we drafted and more about what we expect him to be. He will likely never be more than our 3rd option and punt return man, but as the 3rd WR he will dictate the D which should be fun to watch. At the end of the day I am still left wondering if we would have been better off with a tackle.

Time will tell if Hamler was a good pick. I am excited for the electricity

[/B]

See I think counting on James/Bolles/Wilkinson to be there consistently and protect our qb is very irresponsible imo.
    It's possible a veteran UFA T will be signed, but it will be difficult, because Justin Simmons needs a new contract which will be c.$14-15 million/yr.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Most had Jeudy ranked 10-13 range. I not going to argue he wasn't, just this was not a draft where outside the top 15 or so, anyone was going to challenge to be taken higher. Me and my friend actually discussed how boring the draft was because it wassuper predictable picks 1-15.

AJ at 16, Jackson going 18 and Arnette 19 just goes to show how much drop off there was after Lamb. We were luck that A) Herbert went in front of us and B) there were 15 players in the upper tier.

I think Ridley has pro bowls in his future, not his fault Jones see 170 targets a year, but pro bowl WRs are a dime a dozen when you think about it. Just need a QB to target you 120 times.

Guys like Hamler, the super speedy guys, tend to go late 1st (Fuller, M Brown,..) so one could argue that was the better value pick. Tyreek is a one off, out of West Alabama
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Muti has actually played OT, he is not the prototypical size for OT, more so for OG BUT, Beachum is only 6'3" ~310lbs. Oh yeah, Beachum had 6 holding calls in 13 games last season.

I am surprised the Broncos did not draft an OT at all. They must think that position is not a urgent priority. I hope they're are right.
    Netane Muti must be physically cleared to practice. In the last four years he has had two Achilles injuries and a Lisfranc, playing in only 19 games. Don't think Denver projects him as a T. It would be more likely to move Risner to RT, if needed, and put Muti at LG, if available.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Netane Muti must be physically cleared to practice. In the last four years he has had two Achilles injuries and a Lisfranc, playing in only 19 games. Don't think Denver projects him as a T. It would be more likely to move Risner to RT, if needed, and put Muti at LG, if available.
    I wasn't being too sincere/serious about Muti playing OT but it is possible ... maybe not. He did state that he is feeling fine, I imagine that almost all players see it that way in his situation though. I am surprised Beachum has made a career at OT at only 6'3" so just maybe Muti could too?
    Nevermind.

It's possible a veteran UFA T will be signed, but it will be difficult, because Justin Simmons needs a new contract which will be c.$14-15 million/yr.
    Last time I checked cap was in the range of $8m after draft and over 51 roster subtracted. Maybe add another $4m if they choose to cut Heuerman as most expect.

So $12m ? Without any other cuts or new signings.

How much would be devoted to an OT? Market is tough to predict especially this late but I would expect a player like Beachum to be in the $6-8 per year range. Believe his last contract was over $9M per.

Or do they look more for the backup level OT in the $2-4m range? Bank account may dictate this decision.

Tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Last time I checked cap was in the range of $8m after draft and over 51 roster subtracted. Maybe add another $4m if they choose to cut Heuerman as most expect.

So $12m ? Without any other cuts or new signings.

How much would be devoted to an OT? Market is tough to predict especially this late but I would expect a player like Beachum to be in the $6-8 per year range. Believe his last contract was over $9M per.

Or do they look more for the backup level OT in the $2-4m range? Bank account may dictate this decision.

Tough call.
    I hope they go at the higher end of the scale available. We are building such a strong team, with talent throughout. Just not wise in my opinion to take a risk at OT.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Most had Jeudy ranked 10-13 range. I not going to argue he wasn't, just this was not a draft where outside the top 15 or so, anyone was going to challenge to be taken higher. Me and my friend actually discussed how boring the draft was because it wassuper predictable picks 1-15.

AJ at 16, Jackson going 18 and Arnette 19 just goes to show how much drop off there was after Lamb. We were luck that A) Herbert went in front of us and B) there were 15 players in the upper tier.

I think Ridley has pro bowls in his future, not his fault Jones see 170 targets a year, but pro bowl WRs are a dime a dozen when you think about it. Just need a QB to target you 120 times.

Guys like Hamler, the super speedy guys, tend to go late 1st (Fuller, M Brown,..) so one could argue that was the better value pick. Tyreek is a one off, out of West Alabama
    That is very fair and I admit most had him in that range as well. I happened to see him higher so we are just on opposite ends of the mocks. I also agree that we were lucky Herbert went that early. It helped us get one of the top guys. I will also agree that Jeudy could very well end up a #2, but I suspect he will have a much bigger impact than Hamilton, Patrick, etc.. At least we got a significant upgrade at that position. I think the ceiling is higher, but at #15 a high end WR2 would probably be ok. It should help Sutton and Lock.

I thought the first 15 picks were pretty boring as well.

I still wish we would have taken a development tackle.

Apparently Elway was trying to move back into the 1st for Patrick Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    That is very fair and I admit most had him in that range as well. I happened to see him higher so we are just on opposite ends of the mocks. I also agree that we were lucky Herbert went that early. It helped us get one of the top guys. I will also agree that Jeudy could very well end up a #2, but I suspect he will have a much bigger impact than Hamilton, Patrick, etc.. At least we got a significant upgrade at that position. I think the ceiling is higher, but at #15 a high end WR2 would probably be ok. It should help Sutton and Lock.

I thought the first 15 picks were pretty boring as well.

I still wish we would have taken a development tackle.
    So did I, and not even one with TEN picks, but it's actually pretty rare for the Broncos to take a T at all. In the last 80 picks of the Elway regime, we took only four (bad to mediocre) tackles in rounds 1-3, no lower round projects. Shanahan also selected only four tackles during his long tenure, dipping into the sixth once. And McDoof never drafted one. It's the chink in the armor right now though, we do need good depth there.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Oh Lord I hope so.....
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Is it? We did that last year, and James wasn't even playing, yet Lock was only sacked once a game.
    Honest question, Do you really feel good about trusting Locks health to James/Bolles/Wilkinson over a 16 game season?
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Honest question, Do you really feel good about trusting Locks health to James/Bolles/Wilkinson over a 16 game season?
    I can honestly say that I trust Munchak to have a unit ready and prepared to get the job done.

Former Bills and Bengals T Cordy Glenn is still a free agent and is someone I'd like to bring in.