• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HUMCALC
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2011

He had a DAMN good draft, unfortunately
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• chad72
      Special Teams
      • Mar 2012

I am a Colts fan and other than the Ravens and Vikings drafts among non-Colts teams, I think your draft was probably my 3rd pick for a stellar draft.

I do agree that Elway did real good. Now Fangio's defensive system and Pat Shurmur will have to maximize it on the field. Shurmur gave good years to Kyle Rudolph and Evan Engram in succession, so I feel Noah Fant makes the 2nd year jump on par with his drafted position (I also have my eye on him for a late round fantasy draft pick ). Drafting Jeudy will give Lock more options so that Ds cannot focus on Sutton.

Hamler and DaeSean Hamilton, 2 Penn State wide outs plus Noah Fant, I am assuming Shurmur will be running a lot of 3 WR, 1 TE formations and running out of those as well with Gordon and Lindsay. Trust me, K J Hamler reminds me a lot of T.Y.Hilton when he came out of FIU. He and Fant will be bigger mismatches in the slot than anything else.

The BIGGEST X factor is your O-line. From the Peyton and Andrew Luck days, I know that drafting the best weapons mean nothing if you cannot keep the opposition honest with a run game or give time to your QB with your O-line, everything starts there and ends there. Looks like you had a better run blocking OL than pass blocking one, and these stats kind of reflect that:

Good luck guys!!! It is going to be a battle to dethrone Mahomes and the Chiefs and seems like the Raiders have boarded the Madden train with WR speed too.
      Last edited by chad72; 04-25-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
        Football Immortal
        • May 2010

I don't like we did not go ot. We will for sure go multiple next year. I also don't like the Albert O pick we have a te and a coach that doesntuse much 2 te sets. Why take one high. Seems like a pick that will hardly play for the Broncos
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Spice 1
          Football Immortal
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
          I am a Colts fan and other than the Ravens and Vikings drafts among non-Colts teams, I think your draft was probably my 3rd pick for a stellar draft.

I do agree that Elway did real good. Now Fangio's defensive system and Pat Shurmur will have to maximize it on the field. Shurmur gave good years to Kyle Rudolph and Evan Engram in succession, so I feel Noah Fant makes the 2nd year jump on par with his drafted position (I also have my eye on him for a late round fantasy draft pick ). Drafting Jeudy will give Lock more options so that Ds cannot focus on Sutton.

Hamler and DaeSean Hamilton, 2 Penn State wide outs plus Noah Fant, I am assuming Shurmur will be running a lot of 3 WR, 1 TE formations and running out of those as well with Gordon and Lindsay. Trust me, K J Hamler reminds me a lot of T.Y.Hilton when he came out of FIU. He and Fant will be bigger mismatches in the slot than anything else.

The BIGGEST X factor is your O-line. From the Peyton and Andrew Luck days, I know that drafting the best weapons mean nothing if you cannot keep the opposition honest with a run game or give time to your QB with your O-line, everything starts there and ends there. Looks like you had a better run blocking OL than pass blocking one, and these stats kind of reflect that:

Good luck guys!!! It is going to be a battle to dethrone Mahomes and the Chiefs and seems like the Raiders have boarded the Madden train with WR speed too.
          That's good thinking, given Shurmur's history with an exclusive tight end, and Rudolph isn't the receiver Fant will be. Imagine the numbers Engram would've put up if he wasn't made of Bone china. Tight ends are better in their second year. My only word of caution is that Fant's average targets actually went down when Lock came in. 2 more legit options this year than last year, and a receiving back is in the mix now. He's still shaping up to be a quality pick, I'd say after the 10th round, but some will probably take him higher anticipating Engram production.

You feeling good about Rivers?

Comment

• Papa-pwn
            Captain
            • Aug 2008

Yeah, I'm a big fan of this draft.

Comment

• L.M.
              Vitalstatistix
              • Oct 2006

Yep. Thanks, Chad!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• MHSalute
                Ring of Famer
                • Feb 2011

One of 4 teams that got an A+ from PFF's Mike Renner
                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                  Where'd you have him going, 3rd round? I don't think I ever saw him mocked into the 3rd round. I saw him in the 1st once or twice.

You know what's funny about the catch percentage stat on Hamler, is I think about Will Fuller. Will Fuller STILL can't catch, and yet the Texans were a completely different offense with him on the field.
                  I had him outside of the top 10 WR prospects. Best case late 2nd round or in the 3rd round.

Comment

• fraguela09
                    Byner of Buckner?
                    • Oct 2006

We should’ve dealt for Trent Williams. 2nd round WR and 4th round TE?

Hamler vs TW?

I still believe Trent Williams would have meant more for Drew Lock’s development, and have been the more impactful player next 3 years for this team.... plus, with all the cheap, young talent on offense.... we could’ve afforded giving the LT a big contract....

I just feel like we took the next Cory Latimore (sp?) or Langley or Hamilton.... Just feels like a Monte Ball waste of a pick.

That pick could’ve been used for a LT, trade up for Murray or Queen, even JK Dobbins!

12 drops in 70 targets is more than a concentration problem. And with his small stature.... I just feel trams are built inside out... raise your hand if you wouldn’t run to swap Hamler for Trent Williams!

If you wanted Hamler then why not move up for Wirfs? I bet a dollar either Jeudy or Hamler will disappoint. Impossible that both are hits.

Aside from that.... great draft.
                    Last edited by fraguela09; 04-25-2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• JvDub95
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jan 2005

I love the approach to this draft, get Lock weapons!! Its clear they are going to roll the dice on Bolles for one more year. Elway said in his post draft presser that there just weren't any tackles there when they were drafting that would make a difference. That comment did make me wander if they would have chosen Wirfs had he been available. He didn't make a single trade in the draft either so his plan all along was to just take what fell.

THANK YOU to the idiots in the 1st round that let Jeudy fall right to us because he was my #1 want in the draft. Lock got weapons and protection in the middle, our offense got extremely better and that should make all Bronco fans happy

​​​​

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jun 2007

OTs are a luxury, the interior oline is the necessity and we have that

Comment

• Chillez
                          Football Immortal
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          I love the approach to this draft, get Lock weapons!! Its clear they are going to roll the dice on Bolles for one more year. Elway said in his post draft presser that there just weren't any tackles there when they were drafting that would make a difference. That comment did make me wander if they would have chosen Wirfs had he been available. He didn't make a single trade in the draft either so his plan all along was to just take what fell.

THANK YOU to the idiots in the 1st round that let Jeudy fall right to us because he was my #1 want in the draft. Lock got weapons and protection in the middle, our offense got extremely better and that should make all Bronco fans happy
                          Well said outside of Simmons Jeudy was my favorite player in this draft class and I couldn’t be more happy he’s now a Denver Bronco.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Chillez
                            Football Immortal
                            • Sep 2008

Thanks for your input. We appreciate it.
                            sigpic

Comment

• JvDub95
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                              Well said outside of Simmons Jeudy was my favorite player in this draft class and I couldn’t be more happy he’s now a Denver Bronco.
                              Well, I should correct myself Simmons was also my #1 target\want but I just knew we wouldn't have a real shot at him. Soooooo very happy we got Jeudy, to me he's going to be one of the leagues big named receivers in a couple years and this drafts best wideout

​​​​

Comment

• chad72
                                Special Teams
                                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                                That's good thinking, given Shurmur's history with an exclusive tight end, and Rudolph isn't the receiver Fant will be. Imagine the numbers Engram would've put up if he wasn't made of Bone china. Tight ends are better in their second year. My only word of caution is that Fant's average targets actually went down when Lock came in. 2 more legit options this year than last year, and a receiving back is in the mix now. He's still shaping up to be a quality pick, I'd say after the 10th round, but some will probably take him higher anticipating Engram production.

You feeling good about Rivers?
                                I am not going to lie. It does make me nervous because Mike Williams did come down with a lot of 50-50 catches but a lot of throws last year with Rivers could have been thrown up for grabs because he did not get the time he needed, also explained the large amount of dump offs to Ekeler. Rivers still knows how to read Ds and our strength is our OL, so we are not expecting Rivers to move around like Luck. Despite Jacoby Brissett not hitting open wide outs streaking down the field or down the seams or leading our pass catchers in stride (all of which Rivers knows to do), and despite Adam Vinatieri shanking so many PATs, we still finished 7-9. We beat the Chiefs and Texans with Brissett, 2 playoff teams, one of which won the SB.

So, with receiver and RB talent added, I feel better about the direction of the offense. In the 3 years our current OC (Sirianni) and HC (Reich) worked with Rivers, he had 13, 11 and 9 INTs in those 3 years in some order. That is why we are willing to shrug off one 20 INT year from him. That is why it is also surprising the Chargers did not spend an OL pick in the first 3 rounds to protect Herbert, but that is not my problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X