Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 190
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    We should’ve dealt for Trent Williams. 2nd round WR and 4th round TE?

    Hamler vs TW?

    I still believe Trent Williams would have meant more for Drew Lock’s development, and have been the more impactful player next 3 years for this team.... plus, with all the cheap, young talent on offense.... we could’ve afforded giving the LT a big contract....

    I just feel like we took the next Cory Latimore (sp?) or Langley or Hamilton.... Just feels like a Monte Ball waste of a pick.

    That pick could’ve been used for a LT, trade up for Murray or Queen, even JK Dobbins!

    12 drops in 70 targets is more than a concentration problem. And with his small stature.... I just feel trams are built inside out... raise your hand if you wouldn’t run to swap Hamler for Trent Williams!

    If you wanted Hamler then why not move up for Wirfs? I bet a dollar either Jeudy or Hamler will disappoint. Impossible that both are hits.

    Aside from that.... great draft.
    Hamler had one of the worst QBs for accuracy in Div.1. Tough to catch passes at 22 mph when their high or behind you.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,334
    Thank you Mr. Elway. Great job! By my opinion:

    - 2 starters in Jeudy and Cushenbery.
    - 3 contributing impact players- in Hamler, Ojemudia, Albert O. .
    - 2 role players/depth - Agim, Strnad
    - and finally 3 intriguing prospects that might surprise us all and earn a roster spot - Muti, Tuszka, , Cleveland

    Several questions were answered today:

    - By selecting Cushenbery, it is likely that Glasgow is our RG.
    - OT may not be the critical need we all thought. (although I would love to see a vet FA added, anyone like Cam Erving for 2yr/$5M?)
    - Davis and Johnson are not being replaced.
    - TE Room just got crowded ( Heureman may be on the way out and his $4M back into the cap pool)
    - WR Room doesn't have enough chairs...Worlds most competitive game of musical chairs will begin in camp to fill them.

    Most importantly we saw Elway's philosophical approach to the game change before our eyes. The past few seasons there has been a mentality of "rely on the defense and play it safe on offense so they don't screw it up" . We just saw him go all in with offense as he saw scoring and speed become the only way to the top again. We saw him embrace Lock by the draft he just had and the free agents brought in before. Similar to his dramatic shift after the SB and he completely revamped the defense, he now revamped the offense.

    Impressive and Bold move by Elway and Co. Lets go Broncos!

    Too early to start plotting which teams are the biggest threat to our Wild Card spot?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    35,958
    I really do like our draft (and we are still not done finding prospects).. For the most part it was excellent. The only thing I was unclear about had to do with not drafting any OTs when I thought we might at least need some security. And going back to back WRs with 1-2 was confusing to me at first, but the objective (as I soon realized) was definitely to create much needed O - 28th in the league last year in total O and scoring, AND maybe even more important, to let our young QB know that he is "the guy" and that he deserves all the trust/respect we can give him. And based on that, I was quite proud of Elway.

    We have a pretty darn good D, and with the return of Chubb, and with the additions we made, and with less time on the field thanks to an improved O, this could be a fabulous balance of quality O and quality D.

    I expect a playoff berth....and I foresee a very bright future!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,925
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Thank you Mr. Elway. Great job! By my opinion:

    - 2 starters in Jeudy and Cushenbery.
    - 3 contributing impact players- in Hamler, Ojemudia, Albert O. .
    - 2 role players/depth - Agim, Strnad
    - and finally 3 intriguing prospects that might surprise us all and earn a roster spot - Muti, Tuszka, , Cleveland

    Several questions were answered today:

    - By selecting Cushenbery, it is likely that Glasgow is our RG.
    - OT may not be the critical need we all thought. (although I would love to see a vet FA added, anyone like Cam Erving for 2yr/$5M?)
    - Davis and Johnson are not being replaced.
    - TE Room just got crowded ( Heureman may be on the way out and his $4M back into the cap pool)
    - WR Room doesn't have enough chairs...Worlds most competitive game of musical chairs will begin in camp to fill them.

    Most importantly we saw Elway's philosophical approach to the game change before our eyes. The past few seasons there has been a mentality of "rely on the defense and play it safe on offense so they don't screw it up" . We just saw him go all in with offense as he saw scoring and speed become the only way to the top again. We saw him embrace Lock by the draft he just had and the free agents brought in before. Similar to his dramatic shift after the SB and he completely revamped the defense, he now revamped the offense.

    Impressive and Bold move by Elway and Co. Lets go Broncos!

    Too early to start plotting which teams are the biggest threat to our Wild Card spot?
    I could see Strnad come in on passing downs, was a captain at Wake Forest and looks good in coverage and as a blitzer.

    https://youtu.be/fIH3kGL8eT8

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,707
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Thank you Mr. Elway. Great job! By my opinion:

    - 2 starters in Jeudy and Cushenbery.
    - 3 contributing impact players- in Hamler, Ojemudia, Albert O. .
    - 2 role players/depth - Agim, Strnad
    - and finally 3 intriguing prospects that might surprise us all and earn a roster spot - Muti, Tuszka, , Cleveland

    Several questions were answered today:

    - By selecting Cushenbery, it is likely that Glasgow is our RG.
    - OT may not be the critical need we all thought. (although I would love to see a vet FA added, anyone like Cam Erving for 2yr/$5M?)
    - Davis and Johnson are not being replaced.
    - TE Room just got crowded ( Heureman may be on the way out and his $4M back into the cap pool)
    - WR Room doesn't have enough chairs...Worlds most competitive game of musical chairs will begin in camp to fill them.

    Most importantly we saw Elway's philosophical approach to the game change before our eyes. The past few seasons there has been a mentality of "rely on the defense and play it safe on offense so they don't screw it up" . We just saw him go all in with offense as he saw scoring and speed become the only way to the top again. We saw him embrace Lock by the draft he just had and the free agents brought in before. Similar to his dramatic shift after the SB and he completely revamped the defense, he now revamped the offense.

    Impressive and Bold move by Elway and Co. Lets go Broncos!

    Too early to start plotting which teams are the biggest threat to our Wild Card spot?
    Are you sure that Elway just didn't think that we had already shored up our D enough prior to the draft? I also think that unlike VJ and Fox - Vic has legitimate cred as a defensive mind. We saw near nobodies on our roster hold their own out there last season quite well. That to me shows great situational coaching and a true knowledge of the game on display.

    My real issue with this draft is who will be our backup RT is Wilk. Earns the LT spot?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,516
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    OTs are a luxury, the interior oline is the necessity and we have that
    How are good ots a luxury outside of Donald's and Jones what other top slacker over the past few years has been an interior rusher?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    How are good ots a luxury outside of Donald's and Jones what other top slacker over the past few years has been an interior rusher?
    I have very similar comments. I mean do we not remember the most recent beatdowns that Franklin gave when he was at RT for us? He really only struggled against speed guys but when he needed to run block....oh me oh my...

    A solid LT and RT will allow for outside runs to get going. That forces the D to play the fill width of the field on the second level. If they then need to cheat up a DB then a pass or a well run route kills em.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    We should’ve dealt for Trent Williams. 2nd round WR and 4th round TE?

    Hamler vs TW?

    I still believe Trent Williams would have meant more for Drew Lock’s development, and have been the more impactful player next 3 years for this team.... plus, with all the cheap, young talent on offense.... we could’ve afforded giving the LT a big contract....

    I just feel like we took the next Cory Latimore (sp?) or Langley or Hamilton.... Just feels like a Monte Ball waste of a pick.

    That pick could’ve been used for a LT, trade up for Murray or Queen, even JK Dobbins!

    12 drops in 70 targets is more than a concentration problem. And with his small stature.... I just feel trams are built inside out... raise your hand if you wouldn’t run to swap Hamler for Trent Williams!

    If you wanted Hamler then why not move up for Wirfs? I bet a dollar either Jeudy or Hamler will disappoint. Impossible that both are hits.

    Aside from that.... great draft.
    I tend to agree here. The challenge is having a big contract tied up with Ja’Wuan James. Plus we haven’t had the best luck as of late with veteran lineman (James, Leary, Watson, Stephenson). However I do think Trent Williams could have been a different story. If not a deal for Williams, an earlier move for OT in the draft.

    I think Cushenberry was a great pick in the 3rd round. Odds are Jeudy excels and becomes a very productive weapon. Not a fan of the Hamler pick, hoping he proves me wrong.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 04-25-2020 at 07:21 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    15,095
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    We should’ve dealt for Trent Williams. 2nd round WR and 4th round TE?

    Hamler vs TW?

    I still believe Trent Williams would have meant more for Drew Lock’s development, and have been the more impactful player next 3 years for this team.... plus, with all the cheap, young talent on offense.... we could’ve afforded giving the LT a big contract....

    I just feel like we took the next Cory Latimore (sp?) or Langley or Hamilton.... Just feels like a Monte Ball waste of a pick.

    That pick could’ve been used for a LT, trade up for Murray or Queen, even JK Dobbins!

    12 drops in 70 targets is more than a concentration problem. And with his small stature.... I just feel trams are built inside out... raise your hand if you wouldn’t run to swap Hamler for Trent Williams!

    If you wanted Hamler then why not move up for Wirfs? I bet a dollar either Jeudy or Hamler will disappoint. Impossible that both are hits.

    Aside from that.... great draft.
    Williams reportedly turned down a trade to Minnesota, and they mentioned on the broadcast that he essentially told Washington he only wanted to go to San Francisco. That makes sense because I'm sure other teams would have offered equal to or more than what San Francisco gave up for him.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    35,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    How are good ots a luxury outside of Donald's and Jones what other top slacker over the past few years has been an interior rusher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I have very similar comments. I mean do we not remember the most recent beatdowns that Franklin gave when he was at RT for us? He really only struggled against speed guys but when he needed to run block....oh me oh my...

    A solid LT and RT will allow for outside runs to get going. That forces the D to play the fill width of the field on the second level. If they then need to cheat up a DB then a pass or a well run route kills em.
    There is a reason that LTs are the highest paid Oliners….(unless your QB is a lefty). And outside of QBs, they are paid near the top of the league, for any position. Tunsil's new deal is worth an average of $22M!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-25-2020 at 07:38 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    449
    Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about Hamler as a season ticket holder. Hamler was electric as a freshman. He had Trace throwing to him, which paid huge dividends. He was the most electric player on the field on a team with McSorley, Miles Sanders, Juwan Johnson, etc.

    2019 was a mediocre QB running the most obvious offense I have ever seen. Literally run run pass or run screen pass every set of downs. He is better than his 2019 tape shows.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    How are good ots a luxury outside of Donald's and Jones what other top slacker over the past few years has been an interior rusher?
    When was Von’s most effective year? Was it when Jackson and Wolfe wrecked interiors? How about Mack in Chicago? When Hicks and Goldman dominated? Justin Smith and Akron Smith? Everyone thinks of Castonzo as an elite LT now but before Nelson that oline was always blamed for Luck getting hurt, then they get Nelson and everything changes.

    If a QB has a pocket to step up into the edge rush can be effectively negated and if an OT gets beat inside the QB has room to loop around. If your interior gets beat you’re running right into an edge rusher.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    884
    Muti and Tuszka are very intriguing. The former is just a beast. That is the kind of player you take a risk with. Could really be boom. Very high ceiling but obviously very low floor if the foot issues pop up.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,593
    Good draft overall. Interesting that Elway didn't draft OT, but he made it clear that the draft board didn't fall that way versus having faith in Bolles. I think we may try to sign Peters, Beachum, Glenn or Demar Dotson in order to get good depth or better play there.

    Alternatively, we could be like the Packers where not only did they draft Rodgers' replacement in the 1st, but also failed to draft a single WR in a historically WR deep class. Shameful, and Rodgers is likely livid at how this draft played out.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    15,095
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    There is a reason that LTs are the highest paid Oliners….(unless your QB is a lefty). And outside of QBs, they are paid near the top of the league, for any position. Tunsil's new deal is worth an average of $22M!!!
    LTs are the highest paid because of the antiquated notion that defences will line up their best pass rusher on the QBs blind side. But teams are working so hard to get multiple pass rushers that you often see good pass rushers on the offensive right. Or teams will move them around. A good RT is just as valuable as a good LT.

    As for Larmey Tunsil, that's because he plays for the worst GM in the league. The GM was wrong in trading two first round picks for him, and then doubled down by overpaying him significantly. To put it in perspective, PFF graded Tunsil out lower than Bolles. If that's the new $22 million lineman, then actual good players will be breaking $30 million.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •