Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Honest question, Do you really feel good about trusting Locks health to James/Bolles/Wilkinson over a 16 game season?
    Holding calls are not going to get a QB hurt. Bolles allowed 7 sacks the past couple years. James 7 the past two years with Miami. I think if you researched OTs you would find most give up 5 per year.

I actually hope they pick up the 5th year option on Bolles, he is at least league average at LT.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I can honestly say that I trust Munchak to have a unit ready and prepared to get the job done.
    I have no doubt Munchak will do a great job. I love having him. But regardless of how he coaches, he is not going to be out on the field. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. It is James/Bolles/Wilkinson that we are trusting to show up and be out on the field and protect Lock. Though,you giving me you trust Munchak as an answer when James/Bolles/Wilkinson was the question, kinda answers the question by itself.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 04-27-2020 at 04:05 PM.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Holding calls are not going to get a QB hurt. Bolles allowed 7 sacks the past couple years. James 7 the past two years with Miami. I think if you researched OTs you would find most give up 5 per year.

I actually hope they pick up the 5th year option on Bolles, he is at least league average at LT.
    True but holding calls are drive and momentum killers and can really turn the tide quickly as we have seen him do many times. And some of the time when he holds, it is because he has been beat so badly. I like stats to a degree, but I like the eye test a lot more and I have seen enough of his play the last couple years to say he scares the hell out of me and I will believe it when he can be consistent throughout the year. I will reiterate that at one point last year if our starting right tackle had been playing in the games, our Left tackle would have been benched. That in itself kinda sums up our situation at the tackle spots. I will hope for the best but sorry if I am being pessimistic but I will believe it when I see it. I have heard the same thing for years and we have had the same result for years. I am very excited about our new OC, all our new weapons and Lock running the show. I can't wait to see it. But I am also extra worried about Lock staying upright.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

I get it, but to add some perspective, Tunsil, who just got 22M AAV had 15 penalties (12 were false starts) and allowed 3 sacks. Bolles 10 and 4.

I am just saying Bolles may be average is all, but no fans wants average.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

The small consolation to your concern about OT is someone or several players will be added just to have enough players for camp.

Quality of player is the unknown factor at the moment. The Broncos have a couple months to find those players in free agency or trade.

I have enough faith we will not see a repeat of last year. As for the ďfearĒ they get Lock injured. Even the best olinemen give up sacks and QBs get hurt. Hopefully the Broncos are due some luck on the injury front.

I think Elway truly nailed it, this was the greatest draft class of all-time. I am not being sarcastic, but when it comes to the names of guys added, which class has ever beat this ? We added the names of Ojemudia, Agim, Okwuegbunam, Strnad, Muti, Cushenberry, and Tuszka, that is elite.

In all seriousness, I wouldnít say he nailed the entire draft, obviously my opinion. I think the back to back wide receivers was silly. Dedicating high value assets like that to one position early never happens, maybe everyone else is stupid and Elway bucking the trend will work out, but I donít like it, especially with Hamler being the pick.

Onto the middle rounds and I think it was a mixed bag. Cushenberry is a safe pick, I think he could start from day 1 and be solid, I like that selection. But I see Ojemudia and Agim as Elway picks of old where the focus was more on potential and measurables as opposed to actual tape and substance. I like some of what I see but I think those kinds of guys in rounds 3 is too early.

From the 4th round to the 6th round, Elway nailed it in my opinion. The picks are some what gambles as each have glaring weaknesses, but all have traits which the team was lacking, and all can play impact roles from day 1. Okwuegbunam, Strnad, and Muti all have long-term potential as well which is what you are looking for in that region, but as I said, I think all could be contributors from day 1 in some capacity.

Overall I think it was solid, and I like what happened. I think we get a instant impact and improvement from a fair few of the picks which at the end of the day is what I wanted, we are better now than we were a week ago. I do think when we look back at this draft in 4 years time, like some of Elways early drafts, the biggest hits coming from rounds 4-6. I really like that area of the draft with Okwuegbunam, Strnad, and Muti. But the approach was clearly to add guys with different strengths to make a more well rounded offense with threats across the board, and we did that. Good draft overall.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I think Elway truly nailed it, this was the greatest draft class of all-time. I am not being sarcastic, but when it comes to the names of guys added, which class has ever beat this ? We added the names of Ojemudia, Agim, Okwuegbunam, Strnad, Muti, Cushenberry, and Tuszka, that is elite.

In all seriousness, I wouldn’t say he nailed the entire draft, obviously my opinion. I think the back to back wide receivers was silly. Dedicating high value assets like that to one position early never happens, maybe everyone else is stupid and Elway bucking the trend will work out, but I don’t like it, especially with Hamler being the pick.

Onto the middle rounds and I think it was a mixed bag. Cushenberry is a safe pick, I think he could start from day 1 and be solid, I like that selection. But I see Ojemudia and Agim as Elway picks of old where the focus was more on potential and measurables as opposed to actual tape and substance. I like some of what I see but I think those kinds of guys in rounds 3 is too early.

From the 4th round to the 6th round, Elway nailed it in my opinion. The picks are some what gambles as each have glaring weaknesses, but all have traits which the team was lacking, and all can play impact roles from day 1. Okwuegbunam, Strnad, and Muti all have long-term potential as well which is what you are looking for in that region, but as I said, I think all could be contributors from day 1 in some capacity.

Overall I think it was solid, and I like what happened. I think we get a instant impact and improvement from a fair few of the picks which at the end of the day is what I wanted, we are better now than we were a week ago. I do think when we look back at this draft in 4 years time, like some of Elways early drafts, the biggest hits coming from rounds 4-6. I really like that area of the draft with Okwuegbunam, Strnad, and Muti. But the approach was clearly to add guys with different strengths to make a more well rounded offense with threats across the board, and we did that. Good draft overall.
    It could be worse, in 2005 Shanahan selected corners on 3 consecutive picks, the first 3 picks Denver had in a draft where they only had 6 picks. The fourth pick was Maurice Clarett and the 6th pick was a punter who played 18 total games in Denver, only 1 in the year he was drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It could be worse, in 2005 Shanahan selected corners on 3 consecutive picks, the first 3 picks Denver had in a draft where they only had 6 picks. The fourth pick was Maurice Clarett and the 6th pick was a punter who played 18 total games in Denver, only 1 in the year he was drafted.
    When the debate was about Ruggs all we heard was how people were drawn to the hype of his 40 time. You told everyone there was too much focus on the speed and the comparison to Tavon Austin. Now that Elway drafted Hamler that narrative suddenly disappeared. Ruggs has great hands without the drops and ability to come down with contested catches. Hamler has speed with a problem dropping catchable balls and little ability to come down with contested catches.

Itís so funny how those criticisms of Ruggs somehow donít apply to Hamler. Why? Because magically those things disappear once a guy is drafted by Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    When the debate was about Ruggs all we heard was how people were drawn to the hype of his 40 time. You told everyone there was too much focus on the speed and the comparison to Tavon Austin. Now that Elway drafted Hamler that narrative suddenly disappeared. Ruggs has great hands without the drops and ability to come down with contested catches. Hamler has speed with a problem dropping catchable balls and little ability to come down with contested catches.

It’s so funny how those criticisms of Ruggs somehow don’t apply to Hamler. Why? Because magically those things disappear once a guy is drafted by Elway.
    I haven't said anything, positive or negative about Hamler. I wouldn't have used the second pick on him, but I understand why they did. Just like if they drafted Ruggs I will hope for the best.

And I stand by my comments on Ruggs. If he becomes a star, I'll own it. But I believe he'll be a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    [/B]

See I think counting on James/Bolles/Wilkinson to be there consistently and protect our qb is very irresponsible imo.
    Iím fine with signing a free agent to a lower price tag (which isnít costing a pick).

If we did trade for Trent Williams thereís a decent weíd be spending $32 million between the four and have just Bolles and Wilkinson healthy... with Simmons also halfway out the door because we wouldnít have the cash to re-sign him... and go ahead and take away two picks on top of it. (Cush/Agim + one next year).

Itís so funny how those criticisms of Ruggs somehow donít apply to Hamler. Why? Because magically those things disappear once a guy is drafted by Elway.
    Saying ďit could be worseĒ sure got flipped into a lot of projection.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I get it, but to add some perspective, Tunsil, who just got 22M AAV had 15 penalties (12 were false starts) and allowed 3 sacks. Bolles 10 and 4.

I am just saying Bolles may be average is all, but no fans wants average.
    False starts are also easier to fix and are far less detrimental than a holding penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Muti has actually played OT, he is not the prototypical size for OT, more so for OG BUT, Beachum is only 6'3" ~310lbs. Oh yeah, Beachum had 6 holding calls in 13 games last season.

I am surprised the Broncos did not draft an OT at all. They must think that position is not a urgent priority. I hope they're are right.
    After the second, maybe third round it would be a shot in the dark on if a rookie could win a competition. At that point go BPA, and sign a tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I could see where Watching Schurmurs offense in Minnesota during the 2017 season would get anyone excited but seeing the Giants 2019 offense brings one back down to earth.

Iím sure this offense will be very good, Iím just hoping Schurmur does a few things differently in 2020 than 2019!
    So a couple games of Eli, then Daniel Jones, who surpassed everybodyís expectations, a bad OL, and their skill positions guys (Tate, Shepherd, Engram, Barkley) missing more than 20 games between the four.

The only place we will definitively be weaker is OT. RB is a push vs the 2019 NYG because we have two Pro Bowlers and theoretically theyíll be available.

I think it has more to do with drafting Jeudy than Hamlers problems suddenly disappearing.