Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: UFA Thread 2020

#Broncos reportedly signing Wake Forrest cornerback Essang Bassey. (via @WakeFB)

Levante Bellamy will make the roster. Already going to put that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post
    #Broncos reportedly signing Wake Forrest cornerback Essang Bassey. (via @WakeFB)
    That's a good sign!! I am picking this guy to make the final roster. Denver always has an undrafted guy make it....this is the one

Essang Bassey is a fantastic UDFA pickup. Added competition to that CB room.

Was hoping for Rodrigo Blankenship. Starting to think Brandon McManus is overpaid to consistently miss at 40 yards or beyond
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I was hoping we might sign Yasir Durant, Lock's old LT from MIssouri, but KC got him.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Klis reported we signed Douglas Colman III (s) texas tech

Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post
    I wonder if we get the giant of a man in Calvin Throckmorton from Oregon.
    Can he play tackle?

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    Can he play tackle?
    I believe he is a tackle. But he signed with the Saints. We signed Hunter Watts. Who is a OT

Quote Originally Posted by wrxDenver_Loyal View Post
    Klis reported we signed Douglas Colman III (s) texas tech
    Nice pick! 9 INT this past year , true ball hawk

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Was hoping for Rodrigo Blankenship. Starting to think Brandon McManus is overpaid to consistently miss at 40 yards or beyond
    17-19 on 40-49 yards last two years........
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif WHEC-724

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    17-19 on 40-49 yards last two years........
    I think the bigger issue was the clutch kicks from 50- 60+. In some respects we've been quite spoiled when Prater was here. The guy was special from a long way out.

Updated UDFA list

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...2020-nfl-draft

Riley Neal, QB | Vanderbilt: A weaker-armed quarterback with multiple other issues. While he is another quarterback to help push the signal-callers already on the roster, he isn't much of a threat.

Levante Bellamy, RB | Western Michigan: A solid runner and receiver that can really make the most out of nothing. An electric player that can be used as a gadget, but not the toughest of runners.

Zimari Manning, WR | Tarleton State: I frankly don't know much about this ultra small-school prospect, but I did watch what highlights are available with no other tape to be had. He seems to have good body control and decent speed, but these are highlights so take with a grain of salt. Every prospect looks great on a highlight reel.

Douglas Coleman III, S | Texas Tech: Coleman has a nose for the ball with good ball skills to come away with the interception. For a team needing more takeaways, he can make his mark.

Hunter Watts, OL | Central Arkansas: Another prospect I don't know much about, but if Mike Munchak wanted him, maybe he can make something out of Watts.

Kendall Hinton, WR | Wake Forest: A good athlete who was originally a quarterback but made the switch and is still learning to be a receiver. I thought some team would take a late-round flier on Hinton's upside as a receiver, especially with the progress he made with his routes during the season.

Essang Bassey, CB | Wake Forest: A year ago, Bassey was talked about as a top corner in the 2020 class, but his tackling issues really hurt his stock overall. He might be better as a nickel, but his tackling must improve. He's a ball-hawk with great ball skills with 42 passes defensed and five interceptions over the last three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    We signed two more WR UFA?

Srsly?
    Maybe Shurmur is going to feature 5 WRs, 4 WRs and a TE, 4 WRs and a RB and 3 WRs and TE + RB

Need depth at WR because they gonna get tired of running so much.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.