Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Offensive Line

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    OT is a concern IMO because we have 2 guys talented enough to start with one of them making $100k per snap played last year (statement made for dramatic effect and not verifiable accuracy).
    Could this be why we have loaded up on TE’s and WR’s? Assist with protection on the edge and/or at least one option on every down that will be open in 2 seconds?
    I think that's a natural byproduct of what we've added. Hamler is your screen game, quick slant, outlet guy who give you big play capability. Safeties aren't going to want to have to see Hamler blazing downfield at them in space if he beats a corner on a slant. Put him in the slot on a 2 way go, and it could get real. Jeudy has the ability to win early. That's why I really liked Kendrick Bourne, but sure enough he rose to the top in SF last year. He wins fast. I see that kind of ability on steroids in Jeudy. There has been talk of press coverage being a problem for Jeudy and Hamler, but there are ways to beat that schematically if there is a learning curve there. Maybe we do see more 2 TE sets than you normally see with Shurmur as well.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    ~ If the T position was in as much of a crisis as it seems to us, something more would probably have been done to address it; which may mean Munchak thinks the situation is
    more manageable than it seems to us.
    This is where I am.

I do not remember how many times last year reporters asked the coaches questions about in game stuff that looked like the OL was playing horrible only to hear coaches explain there was more going on that someone outside the coaching staff would know. For example at one point a reporter asked about the OT doing a horrible job and the coach said on that play the RB was supposed to help the OT and did not.

Munchak is an elite NFL OL coach and I also will trust the Broncos on their OL path.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

Put a cast on both of Bolles hands for game day.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

I think Bolles is going to perform well this year. Heíll be above average in pass coverage and heíll be a great run blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    This is where I am.

I do not remember how many times last year reporters asked the coaches questions about in game stuff that looked like the OL was playing horrible only to hear coaches explain there was more going on that someone outside the coaching staff would know. For example at one point a reporter asked about the OT doing a horrible job and the coach said on that play the RB was supposed to help the OT and did not.

Munchak is an elite NFL OL coach and I also will trust the Broncos on their OL path.
    Ja'Wuan James is a good RT when he's available. His situation has much less to do with coaching than it involves the trainers, team doctors and strength/conditioning staff. If he can play, he'll take care of his job.

Garrett Bolles, Elijah Wilkinson, Jake Rodgers, Quinn Bailey, Calvin Anderson and Ka'John Armstrong can get better, worse or stay the same. Most of of us have much confidence in Mike Munchak's ability to help O-Linemen improve. It could be that Dove Valley thinks the Tackle situation can make it through this season with these guys.

There has been talk of moving Dalton Risner to Tackle in the event one of the starters can't play. If that happened, the next guy in line would step up. I have no doubt that Coach Munchak has contingencies for every possible scenario. Here's hoping Garrett Bolles and Ja'Wuan James make it through the season, if there is one.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Ja'Wuan James is a good RT when he's available. His situation has much less to do with coaching than it involves the trainers, team doctors and strength/conditioning staff. If he can play, he'll take care of his job.

Garrett Bolles, Elijah Wilkinson, Jake Rodgers, Quinn Bailey, Calvin Anderson and Ka'John Armstrong can get better, worse or stay the same. Most of of us have much confidence in Mike Munchak's ability to help O-Linemen improve. It could be that Dove Valley thinks the Tackle situation can make it through this season with these guys.

There has been talk of moving Dalton Risner to Tackle in the event one of the starters can't play. If that happened, the next guy in line would step up. I have no doubt that Coach Munchak has contingencies for every possible scenario. Here's hoping Garrett Bolles and Ja'Wuan James make it through the season, if there is one.
    I agree, if James plays he is our best tackle and I am rooting for Bolles to put it all together. If you think about it that would make sense for Bolles to have a solid season and we donít give him the 5th year option lol! If we give it to him most likely more of the same.
    Elway I believe is over supporting Bolles and has said it multiple times ď best player will startĒ

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I donít like the idea of taking a pro bowl caliber guard and then moving him to OT.
    I agree....don't compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    I think Bolles is going to perform well this year. He’ll be above average in pass coverage and he’ll be a great run blocker.
    I might not go this far, but here's what I believe....Elway, probably thru our coaches, has approached Bolles and sent a clear message..."we like you, but we want to luv you. We will coach you and provide you with all the support you need, but you must work and worn and work on any deficiencies." That is not a tough thing to ask. LTs are special players. Only 32 in the league. And holding is not a part of the game you want to be known for. You want to be a key support to your QB, and a run "mauler", which we know you can be.

Give us proof.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I agree....don't compromise.
    I agree with both of you, I like Risner at LG.
    I ask the question because LG Netane Muti if healthy is a 2nd or 3rd round talent and we have had issues with James staying healthy and Bolles discipline. Hopefully they all work out but if not gotta put the best 5 out on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I agree with both of you, I like Risner at LG.
    I ask the question because LG Netane Muti if healthy is a 2nd or 3rd round talent and we have had issues with James staying healthy and Bolles discipline. Hopefully they all work out but if not gotta put the best 5 out on the field.
    No prob 58....I love out interior, just hoping we can find a way to upgrade our OT group. As mentioned, Bolles will be getting every chance to work on his deficiencies, and he should be busting his butt to do so. But even so, James is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    No prob 58....I love out interior, just hoping we can find a way to upgrade our OT group. As mentioned, Bolles will be getting every chance to work on his deficiencies, and he should be busting his butt to do so. But even so, James is questionable.
    Hope they surprise us and step it up.
    I would love to add Jason Peters as in insurance policy to a two year deal, but Iím guessing he wants $10 mil plus.

A new contract for Justin Simmons will probably be in the neighborhood of $14/15 million per annum.

This is from Woody Paige

"This is what I think about left tackle position on Broncos. They will get unsigned veteran free agent. Kelvin Beachum was with Mike Munchak in Pittsburgh. Will be 31. Jason Peters is 38 this year, but could do one-year deal. Cordy Glenn 31
    was a lout in Cincinnati, but can play."

"Have said already 1. Beachum 2. Peters. 3. Glenn. Beachum best bet if money can be worked out."