Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Offensive Line

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    "Have said already 1. Beachum 2. Peters. 3. Glenn. Beachum best bet if money can be worked out."
    Managing the cap will dictate what happens. One, decent, experienced guy could make a huge difference in the season's outcome. Fingers crossed.

Beachum would be a great guy to challenge Bolles at LT. I like the Munchak connection.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Beachum would be a great guy to challenge Bolles at LT. I like the Munchak connection.
    The last time he played for Munchak was back in 2015. He had 6 holding penalties in 13 games last season ... I suppose he can challenge him for the most holds.

It couldn't hurt IF he came at a very cheap price.

Any thoughts on Beachums salary?

Can the Broncos afford a starting caliber OT with remaining cap? They might have to focus more on a competent swing tackle backup type over a starter type.

Any free agency gurus with educated suggestions foe either role at a reasonable price. I look at the free agent list and just see names no clue if worthy or healthy.

Beachum, Cordy Glenn, or Peters

Have to sign a vet for depth we have no depth. Even if one of the vets become the starter Bolles would be solid depth behind the vet.

After 4pm today any signings do not count against the compensatory pick next year.

With the versatility of Glasgow, I think it opens competition in camp between Cushenberry and Muti. I think you let those 2 compete and whoever looks more NFL ready, they start, and Glasgow fills the other spot. Cushenberry is all around solid, and looks like he could be a solid day 1 starter. But if Muti is healthy on the other hand, he is already NFL strong, and he could be that mauler on the offensive line you want to have. The injury concern is a big one obviously, but if he is ready to compete in camp, that could be a promising rookie battle.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    With the versatility of Glasgow, I think it opens competition in camp between Cushenberry and Muti. I think you let those 2 compete and whoever looks more NFL ready, they start, and Glasgow fills the other spot. Cushenberry is all around solid, and looks like he could be a solid day 1 starter. But if Muti is healthy on the other hand, he is already NFL strong, and he could be that mauler on the offensive line you want to have. The injury concern is a big one obviously, but if he is ready to compete in camp, that could be a promising rookie battle.
    Hes got some Quentin Nelson in him as far as the nasty side goes. Dude finishes people!!!! Something this line could use. May have a good problem in that we have to much talent ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    He’s got some Quentin Nelson in him as far as the nasty side goes. Dude finishes people!!!! Something this line could use. May have a good problem in that we have to much talent ahead of him.
    And he is super nice. I watched some interviews and stuff with him after the draft, he was so grateful and thankful to be a Bronco. Unlike the impression I kind of got from someone else who everyone was really happy to get

And he is super nice. I watched some interviews and stuff with him after the draft, he was so grateful and thankful to be a Bronco. Unlike the impression I kind of got from someone else who everyone was really happy to get
    Lol!!!!!!!!!

Muti is a guard and Cush plays center... wouldnt Muti be a depth signing? Cush should be a shoe-in to start. Guy handled the number 1 DT, Brown from Auburn..

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Muti is a guard and Cush plays center... wouldnt Muti be a depth signing? Cush should be a shoe-in to start. Guy handled the number 1 DT, Brown from Auburn..
    Well Glasgow plays both positions giving you options. I think Cushenberry is capable of being a day 1 starter, but I don't think you walk in and get handed the job as a rookie. We are thin there, but if Muti is healthy, he is probably drafted in the same region Cushenberry is. So, maybe you look stronger with Muti at guard and Glasgow at center. Or, maybe you look stronger with Glasgow at guard, and Cush at center. That is something they could play around with in camp. Regardless you have some more options now, and some more depth too.

Well Glasgow plays both positions giving you options. I think Cushenberry is capable of being a day 1 starter, but I don't think you walk in and get handed the job as a rookie. We are thin there, but if Muti is healthy, he is probably drafted in the same region Cushenberry is. So, maybe you look stronger with Muti at guard and Glasgow at center. Or, maybe you look stronger with Glasgow at guard, and Cush at center. That is something they could play around with in camp. Regardless you have some more options now, and some more depth too.
    If muti had a good non injured college career he would have been taken first round I bet his talent is through the roof he just can't stay healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    If muti had a good non injured college career he would have been taken first round I bet his talent is through the roof he just can't stay healthy
    I don't know about first round. He doesn't have that great of movement skills, which can be overlooked, but only to a certain point. He can play in a phone booth, and if he gets hands on you it's pretty much over. But a guy like Becton who is also really large and strong was a first rounder in the teens, but his skill set is much more advanced. I like Muti a lot, but I think with his limitations his ceiling if healthy would of been high 3rd round, which still is a steal for us.

Muti + time with Munchak + good luck in the health department = a pro bowl level starter IMO.

If he finds his way onto the field, say if Glasgow gets hurt, he may not give that spot back. Glasgow's contract does have an out afte next year, so we'll see how things go. Risner was also an all-American RT, which I'm sure the staff is aware of. I trust Munchak to figure out the best five, I'm just glad we have more than 5 OL that I'm excited about seeing on the field(I may be the last Bronco fan left truly holding out hope for Bolles).