• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaddyToTheLama
    Practice Squad
    • Mar 2018

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Imo, Todd Davis is the ILB who would be a cap casualty. Jewell and Davis are clones and Jewell has just a tad bit cheaper of a price tag

Davis, 6' 240 lbs and ran a 4.87 40 time
    Jewell 6'1" 234 lbs and ran a 4.82 40 time
    Todd Davis may be the most underrated LB in the last 15 years.
    Are you looking for college all 22? Click the link. https://www.patreon.com/CaddytotheLama

Comment

• CaddyToTheLama
      Practice Squad
      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      I’ll throw in Demarcus walker unfortunately. It’s a numbers game and Agim is safe as is jones and of course Harris and Casey. He’s gonna have to fight to be that 5th DE
      He gone! They’ve massively upgraded the talent around him in front of him this off-season. Agim is instantly a better pass rusher.
      Are you looking for college all 22? Click the link. https://www.patreon.com/CaddytotheLama

Comment

• BiscuitBronco
        Football Immortal
        • Nov 2018

I don't understand the Gordon pick up and think it's a mistake. Obviously I'm not proposing he's cut but I don't think he is a massive upgrade. More a name than a player. Hope I'm wrong

Comment

• beastlyskronk
          Football Immortal
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by CaddyToTheLama View Post
          He gone! They’ve massively upgraded the talent around him in front of him this off-season. Agim is instantly a better pass rusher.
          I don’t think Agim would be ahead of him on the depth chart though, he’s just safe because of his draft status. Walker may not be flashy but like it or not his numbers per snap are very good, roughly 1 sack every 57 snaps over his career (341 snaps), for comparison Aaron Donald averaged 1 sack every 45 snaps when he posted 20.5 and Von averaged a sack every 52 snaps when he posted 18.5. Obviously his sample size is much smaller (a little over a third of Donald’s 2018 season snaps and Miller’s 2012 snaps) but those numbers are worth seeing what he could do in an increased role.

He’ll have to beat out Covington and Heath which he really shouldn’t have much trouble with unless he wants a chance to be more than the 4th rotation piece elsewhere. He’s probably a trade candidate rather than an outright cut.

Comment

• CaddyToTheLama
            Practice Squad
            • Mar 2018

I don’t think Agim would be ahead of him on the depth chart though, he’s just safe because of his draft status. Walker may not be flashy but like it or not his numbers per snap are very good, roughly 1 sack every 57 snaps over his career (341 snaps), for comparison Aaron Donald averaged 1 sack every 45 snaps when he posted 20.5 and Von averaged a sack every 52 snaps when he posted 18.5. Obviously his sample size is much smaller (a little over a third of Donald’s 2018 season snaps and Miller’s 2012 snaps) but those numbers are worth seeing what he could do in an increased role.

He’ll have to beat out Covington and Heath which he really shouldn’t have much trouble with unless he wants a chance to be more than the 4th rotation piece elsewhere. He’s probably a trade candidate rather than an outright cut.
            Those numbers are misleading. Walker lucked into half his stats by getting stone walled and cleaning plays up after the QB tried to escape. Agim is much more physically talented and has a much higher ceiling. I see no reason Walker should be above him outside of tenure.

Comment

• CaddyToTheLama
              Practice Squad
              • Mar 2018

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
              I don't understand the Gordon pick up and think it's a mistake. Obviously I'm not proposing he's cut but I don't think he is a massive upgrade. More a name than a player. Hope I'm wrong
              Gotta have a reliable guy who can produce when Lindsay comes off the field. I’m not super excited about Gordon either, but at least he’ll be reliable and be able to produce something.

Comment

• samparnell
                Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                • Nov 2007

Gotta have a reliable guy who can produce when Lindsay comes off the field. I’m not super excited about Gordon either, but at least he’ll be reliable and be able to produce something.
                Quality depth is a good thing in the NFL.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• skeeter01
                  Football Immortal
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                  S who do you have on the bubble?

RB Freeman
                  TE - All besides Fant, Vannett, and Albert O
                  WR Hamilton and Patrick
                  OL Schlottmann (if Muti healthy)
                  LB Jewell
                  CB Yiadom

Those would be the most significant guys.
                  I feel all players above will make the team. They will become the depth. It's those folks behind these players that will be cut. Beck will also make the team. { 4 TE's }

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                    Captain
                    • Aug 2008

You talk like you're unaware that Lindsey is likely to play backup, at least to start out.

Comment

• CaddyToTheLama
                      Practice Squad
                      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      You talk like you're unaware that Lindsey is likely to play backup, at least to start out.
                      Doesn’t matter who starts. Lindsay will be the more productive player either way. The important thing is to have someone who is reliable when Lindsay isn’t on the field, which Denver didn’t have before Gordon.

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                        Traveling Mod
                        • Mar 2010

Doesn’t matter who starts. Lindsay will be the more productive player either way. The important thing is to have someone who is reliable when Lindsay isn’t on the field, which Denver didn’t have before Gordon.
                        I'm not so sure about that. Gordon can be used as a receiver in the passing game, I have yet to see that with Lindsay. I love Lindsay and I am sure he will get his fair share of plays as he is a productive back with a big heart. But I'm not so sure he didn't just become the number 2 back. I'm guessing Shurmur will have plans for both.
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                          Traveling Mod
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                          I feel all players above will make the team. They will become the depth. It's those folks behind these players that will be cut. Beck will also make the team. { 4 TE's }
                          Not so sure about that. I would guess that both Hamilton and Patrick will be competing to make the roster. I believe Yiadom is on the bubble and won't be surprised if he doesn't make it. Freeman also.
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jun 2007

Those numbers are misleading. Walker lucked into half his stats by getting stone walled and cleaning plays up after the QB tried to escape. Agim is much more physically talented and has a much higher ceiling. I see no reason Walker should be above him outside of tenure.
                            You could say the same for Wolfe and Shelby Harris as well. Having a good motor and continuing to fight always has a place on a roster in the NFL. Walker isn’t explosive but he does well with his hands, plus I question the notion that he was “stonewalled”. Remember he injured his shoulder rag dolling Quenton Nelson. Many times Walker was the only pass rusher with a controlled rush, meaning he was preventing those scrambling lanes for the QB. A lineup of Chubb, Agim, Jones, and Miller could pose serious containment issues against QBs as all of them break contain and rely on their athleticism to get back once caught out of position. Chubb isn’t as bad as the others but he’s still susceptible to it.

Agim may be more physically talented with a higher ceiling, so was Jones last year and it took Walker getting hurt for him to start getting on the field. And even then Jones sacks were clean up sacks off of Von Miller. I expect Agim to follow a similar path, the plan is likely to slowly develop him. Probably a game day inactive most weeks until injuries hit, next year he will replace Jones as Jones moves into the starting spot once Harris leaves and then eventually Agim will take over once Casey is gone.

Walker likely gets traded at the final roster cutdown to secure an OT or some other player that catches the FO’s eye. Although depth is never a bad thing so they might just keep him as the 4th DE and roll with 5 total, maybe 6 if Heath or Covington can double up at NT.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                              Football Immortal
                              • May 2010

You could say the same for Wolfe and Shelby Harris as well. Having a good motor and continuing to fight always has a place on a roster in the NFL. Walker isn’t explosive but he does well with his hands, plus I question the notion that he was “stonewalled”. Remember he injured his shoulder rag dolling Quenton Nelson. Many times Walker was the only pass rusher with a controlled rush, meaning he was preventing those scrambling lanes for the QB. A lineup of Chubb, Agim, Jones, and Miller could pose serious containment issues against QBs as all of them break contain and rely on their athleticism to get back once caught out of position. Chubb isn’t as bad as the others but he’s still susceptible to it.

Agim may be more physically talented with a higher ceiling, so was Jones last year and it took Walker getting hurt for him to start getting on the field. And even then Jones sacks were clean up sacks off of Von Miller. I expect Agim to follow a similar path, the plan is likely to slowly develop him. Probably a game day inactive most weeks until injuries hit, next year he will replace Jones as Jones moves into the starting spot once Harris leaves and then eventually Agim will take over once Casey is gone.

Walker likely gets traded at the final roster cutdown to secure an OT or some other player that catches the FO’s eye. Although depth is never a bad thing so they might just keep him as the 4th DE and roll with 5 total, maybe 6 if Heath or Covington can double up at NT.
                              I feel like Walker did really well with limited playing time. He still feels like a depth player at best though
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• MHSalute
                                Ring of Famer
                                • Feb 2011

I also see Walker as trade bait if everyone makes it through camp in tact, Covington has more position versatility.
                                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Working...
                                X