Broncos Draft Grades

I thought I would start a thread where we could add all the expert and media post draft grades and reviews for Broncos. Any in depth player analysis on our drafted players is more than welcome.

I'll start this off with a great breakdown by PFF on our draft. I intentionally started the video right before the Broncos evaluation when they give their Chargers grade for the draft

"He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

^ @2:32:30

Pretty glowing. For a good time, rewind a little and watch LA's grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    ^ @2:32:30

Pretty glowing. For a good time, rewind a little and watch LA's grade.
    LOL

I agree with what can be graded today the draft is a A.

We did not do some of the things I wanted but I understand why we made the picks we made and understand the potential for value in those picks.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

I saw that Next Gen Stats gave us the highest draft grade of anyone.

Collin Cowherd seems to be a pretty big fan of our draft and off-season moves.

Well, Mel Kiper gave us a C+....so you know we had a good draft. Hah!

One Version Of Draft Grades

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...vikes-clean-up

This is not for everybody, trying to provide draft grades this soon. But as I always say, it's fun at this point.

As for this pair's take from NFL.com, we are listed at 15th, with a B. Here's the summary:

Love the way the Broncos kicked off their draft, snagging a Pro Bowl-caliber complement for Courtland Sutton and arguably the class' WR1. That was only the beginning of John Elway's tour de force when it came to adding help for one of the draft's biggest winners, Drew Lock, who made it clear he appreciated the effort by blasting out the cool sunglasses face emoji via Twitter shortly after the Broncos plucked another receiver with their second pick. Hamler can flat out fly, giving Denver the field-stretcher it needed. We would have liked to see the team draft a tackle at some point, but the squad did add help for the interior O-line. Cushenberry is a plug-and-play starter at center and Muti could prove to be a tremendous value at guard if he can stay healthy (played in just 19 games over four seasons due to injury). There's no denying there's some significant bust potential with a few members of this class, including the polarizing Okwuegbunam, which is why we tempered our enthusiasm for the group a bit. Plus, Ojemudia went surprisingly early, coming off the board at No. 77 after coming in at No. 148 on NFL Network draft guru Daniel Jeremiah's list of the draft's top 150 prospects. But there's a lot to like here.

Although this is far too prelim, I tend to agree with a number of the rankings. Whether that matters is inconsequential.

Again, may be interesting to some.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

Although this is far too prelim, I tend to agree with a number of the rankings. Whether that matters is inconsequential.

Again, may be interesting to some.
    There are many times to give draft grades. Right now it is about potential and something else. Some people give grades based on each graders perceived team needs and each of their evaluations on the players.

Honestly the final grade can not be given until each player in the draft class has retired and until then we just do the best with the information we have at the time.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    There are many times to give draft grades. Right now it is about potential and something else. Some people give grades based on each graders perceived team needs and each of their evaluations on the players.

Honestly the final grade can not be given until each player in the draft class has retired and until then we just do the best with the information we have at the time.
    I agree with all you say pal, but ain't it fun??!!

I think when this draft is looked back on in 3-4 years, it will be the defensive picks taht will make or break the grades.

Jeudy, Hammler, and Albert O at best are really a comp;complimentary group, and what I mean by that is add in Sutton and Fant and I just don't see anyone whose stats will jump off the page. If we are lucky, then everyone is being fed a little including the running game.

Cush and Muti are going to add depth to OL, but let's face it...OT is the rock star of the group and not grabbing once is always going to cast shade on this draft class.

Now defensively. CB = Big need. Cover ILB = Big Need DL = Big need next year. If these unassuming three go on to produce a couple starters... I can see rave reviews because they are just not what the pundits are focusing on,
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots