Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 543
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Um, you would be wrong. It's smack talk, so naturally I'm going to focus mostly on 2001 to 2020. But that doesn't mean I wasn't a fan of the team before then.
    The Pats at one time put forth some of the worst teams in NFL history. It is still part of the teams history. You never talk about that part of the teams history.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpg2020 HOFER!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    The Pats at one time put forth some of the worst teams in NFL history. It is still part of the teams history. You never talk about that part of the teams history.
    It's smack talk, bro. It's the same reason you Broncos fans don't want to talk about the team pre-Elway. Besides, I mentioned the fact a number of times that the Pats of the mid to late 70s were pretty good.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    It's smack talk, bro. It's the same reason you Broncos fans don't want to talk about the team pre-Elway. Besides, I mentioned the fact a number of times that the Pats of the late 70s were pretty good.
    I have no problem talking pre- Elway, the bad SB loses. Its part of the teams history and should be talked about if your a true fan. Got to take the good and the bad. Pats of the late 70's had some good team... I agree
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpg2020 HOFER!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,599
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Um, you would be wrong. It's smack talk, so naturally I'm going to focus mostly on 2001 to 2020. But that doesn't mean I wasn't a fan of the team before then.
    Defending and condoning known cheaters is not smack talk, Itís plain stupid lunacy and we talk about the pre Elway era all the time. Ever hear of the orange crush or bronco greats such as Louis Wright, Tom Jackson, Floyd Little?

    Maybe If you werenít so busy stupidly defending and condoning cheaters, you could see this but perhaps the foul methaneís emitting from planet ass is clouding your vision!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-08-2020 at 10:55 AM.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,796
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Not sure why you think I'm a Brady fan first over the Pats...

    And it's hard to take you seriously when you SHOULD be a Minnesota Vikings fan...
    This is ignorant!!! Why should someone be a fan of a team due to geographical location? There is ZERO reasoning to bash a fan, (other than you Bandwagon Pats fans from 2001, and Bandwagon fans in general), no matter where they live. DO BETTER BOOMHAUER!!!!

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,500
    Compare history...

    The Denver Broncos had winning decades 5 out of 6 times, only missing out in its first decade (60-69). 5 in a row!!

    The New England patsies had winning decades just 3 of 6 times. If we exclude the last 2, just one of four, and that was in the 80s, when they barely were above 500 - 78 wins / 74 losses.

    In Denver's worst winning decade, they won 75 / lost 64 and had 5 ties.

    This gives you an idea of who has had the better history. Two decades do not make a success story. 5 winning decades in a row, many by relatively dominant figures, is consistent, long term success.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Compare history...

    The Denver Broncos had winning decades 5 out of 6 times, only missing out in its first decade (60-69). 5 in a row!!

    The New England patsies had winning decades just 3 of 6 times. If we exclude the last 2, just one of four, and that was in the 80s, when they barely were above 500 - 78 wins / 74 losses.

    In Denver's worst winning decade, they won 75 / lost 64 and had 5 ties.

    This gives you an idea of who has had the better history. Two decades do not make a success story. 5 winning decades in a row, many by relatively dominant figures, is consistent, long term success.
    Since 1960 NE has a higher winning percentage than Denver, including playoffs...so I would say overall, NE has a better history.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,796
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Since 1960 NE has a higher winning percentage than Denver, including playoffs...so I would say overall, NE has a better history.
    That is only due to 2001 to present. This does not represent the whole history...... Just saying.....

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Defending and condoning known cheaters is not smack talk, It’s plain stupid lunacy and we talk about the pre Elway era all the time. Ever hear of the orange crush or bronco greats such as Louis Wright, Tom Jackson, Floyd Little?

    Maybe If you weren’t so busy stupidly defending and condoning cheaters, you could see this but perhaps the foul methane’s emitting from planet ass is clouding your vision!
    And you know nothing of the Patriots greats like John Hannah, Curtis Martin, Stanley Morgan, Mike Haynes, or Bruce Armstrong...If you include Brady and Gronk, we've had just as many HOFers as Denver in which NE was their primary team.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,500
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Since 1960 NE has a higher winning percentage than Denver, including playoffs...so I would say overall, NE has a better history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    That is only due to 2001 to present. This does not represent the whole history...... Just saying.....
    I am going to recalculate the first 4 decades....2/3rds of your history. But it sucks. You were a losing team until the 2000s!! That's not a good history.

    I wonder how many good, established teams had a losing history prior to 2000???

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am going to recalculate the first 4 decades....2/3rds of your history. But it sucks. You were a losing team until the 2000s!! That's not a good history.

    I wonder how many good, established teams had a losing history prior to 2000???
    So we weren't a good team in the mid to late 70s? Not a good team in the mid 90s? How about a super bowl appearance in 1985? You act as if NE only won after 2000, which isn't true.

    BTW, history includes EVERYTHING, so NE has had a far better winning percentage OVERALL than Denver. NE is 2nd all time, including playoffs, while Denver is 9th.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,500
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    So we weren't a good team in the mid to late 70s? Not a good team in the mid 90s? How about a super bowl appearance in 1985? You act as if NE only won after 2000, which isn't true.

    BTW, history includes EVERYTHING, so NE has had a far better winning percentage OVERALL than Denver. NE is 2nd all time, including playoffs, while Denver is 9th.
    My goodness.....first 4 of 6 decades:

    275 wins / 312 losses / 9 ties

    PATHETIC!!!

    Your history reminds me of Eli Manning, oddly enough. Ordinary career, but 2 SB wins. That's what you are...rather ordinary but with 2 good decades out of 6.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,599
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    And you know nothing of the Patriots greats like John Hannah, Curtis Martin, Stanley Morgan, Mike Haynes, or Bruce Armstrong...If you include Brady and Gronk, we've had just as many HOFers as Denver in which NE was their primary team.
    Uh, I do and I have respect for those names since they were pre cheetah era.

    Although Denver did the own a lot of your guys for 11 straight victories and DENVER did stuff Curtis Martin into the mile high turf back in 1998 while he was playing for the Jets. Good player but not DENVER good!

    You know Denver stood in the way of Curtis winning a ring to!

    Kind of reminiscent of Denver knocking the the belicheat led pansies out of the playoffs not once, not twice, but three times...

    Yeah yeah you beat Mcdummies draft pick Tim Tebow in 2011, great accomplishment special Ed, you should have a sig made stating such!

    Actually Iím game to make a sig bet with you right now if youíre ballsy enough?

    Nothing special, I say denver beats the pansies at home. What do you say?
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-08-2020 at 02:19 PM.

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,500
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    And you know nothing of the Patriots greats like John Hannah, Curtis Martin, Stanley Morgan, Mike Haynes, or Bruce Armstrong...If you include Brady and Gronk, we've had just as many HOFers as Denver in which NE was their primary team.
    I was a John Hannah fan, and I was ok with some of the others.

    That was before the 2000 "bunch". Good news....it's winding down.

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,500
    Geez....The pats might in fact be looking at a high draft pick after all...

    Week 1: vs. Miami
    Week 2: at Seattle
    Week 3: vs. Las Vegas
    Week 4: at Kansas City
    Week 5: vs. Denver
    Week 6: Bye
    Week 7: vs. San Francisco
    Week 8: at Buffalo
    Week 9: at New York Jets
    Week 10: vs. Baltimore
    Week 11: at Houston
    Week 12: vs. Arizona
    Week 13: at Los Angeles Chargers
    Week 14: at Los Angeles Rams
    Week 15: at Miami
    Week 16: vs. Buffalo
    Week 17: vs. New York Jets

    No Brady. Wow!

    Week 5 is a loss for sure, which might help get that young QB.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •