What could have been

I guess I am meh on the draft. Love a few of the picks, but for some reason there is just can't buy into all of the draft grades praise the Broncos are getting. So with that said, here is a re-draft that I did using only the players that were taken after the Broncos pick, and only in that round. The only exception was the 5th since we picked so late. Would this have been better?

1. WR Jerry Jeudy - no change there, love this pick.
    2. CB Jaylon Johnson - I would not have picked Hamler with Johnson there at a position of need.
    3. C Matt Henessy - I heard this was the Broncos preference over Cushenberry
    4. WR Devin Duvernay - better hands than Hamler and almost just as quick
    5. T Matt Peart - Suprised the Broncos didn't address T in the draft. Peart would eventually be our starting LT.
    6. LB Troy Dye - Another position ignored by the Broncos. Dye is better than Strnd.
    7. T/OG Hakeem Adeniji - 4 year starter to provide quality depth at T or G
    8. DT Bravion Roy - at this point just looking for depth at DT
    9. WR Tyrie Cleveland - no change here given how late the pick is.
    10. DE Derrek Tuszka - same

Is it too soon for a re-draft, maybe but had a few minutes before my next work Zoom meeting.

We are subjected to dozens and dozens of mock drafts in the early months of the year leading up to the NFL Draft. Many mockers put out multiple versions.

Each team secretly assembles a draft board that morphs as time goes by. I feel certain that no two teams' boards are the same. Some teams look for a certain kind of player at a given position, and other teams look for different characteristics.

We peruse different lists of prospective players ranked best to worst according to the website. In the end, the ultimate ranking of players is the order in which they were selected overall and in their projected NFL position.

As I watched the draft, it seemed that Elway and Fangio were quite pleased with their selections. They also seemed to have a good idea of how certain players were regarded by other teams.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I prefer what we ended up with.

That mock draft looks great. I like it.

But it would be a pretty safe bet that if Elway had selected this draft there would still be someone posting a “what could have been” mock draft the next day.

We all had our fun with mock drafts. Elway seems to have had fun with his. Can’t wait to see the outcome o the field

Every year we could go through and say woulda coulda shoulda scenario. Vic and Elway had a pretty specific plan and imo, exercised it almost flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    We are subjected to dozens and dozens of mock drafts in the early months of the year leading up to the NFL Draft. Many mockers put out multiple versions.

Each team secretly assembles a draft board that morphs as time goes by. I feel certain that no two teams' boards are the same. Some teams look for a certain kind of player at a given position, and other teams look for different characteristics.

We peruse different lists of prospective players ranked best to worst according to the website. In the end, the ultimate ranking of players is the order in which they were selected overall and in their projected NFL position.

As I watched the draft, it seemed that Elway and Fangio were quite pleased with their selections. They also seemed to have a good idea of how certain players were regarded by other teams.
    I like your draft better!!!!

Fangio, Munchak, and Shurmur thought the guys they drafted were better players for their scheme’s.

I hope me and you are wrong and they are right

Devin "9 Route" Duvernay. lol.

I do kinda like the Johnson and Peart picks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by OraleBroncos View Post
    I guess I am meh on the draft. Love a few of the picks, but for some reason there is just can't buy into all of the draft grades praise the Broncos are getting. So with that said, here is a re-draft that I did using only the players that were taken after the Broncos pick, and only in that round. The only exception was the 5th since we picked so late. Would this have been better?

1. WR Jerry Jeudy - no change there, love this pick.
    2. CB Jaylon Johnson - I would not have picked Hamler with Johnson there at a position of need.
    3. C Matt Henessy - I heard this was the Broncos preference over Cushenberry
    4. WR Devin Duvernay - better hands than Hamler and almost just as quick
    5. T Matt Peart - Suprised the Broncos didn't address T in the draft. Peart would eventually be our starting LT.
    6. LB Troy Dye - Another position ignored by the Broncos. Dye is better than Strnd.
    7. T/OG Hakeem Adeniji - 4 year starter to provide quality depth at T or G
    8. DT Bravion Roy - at this point just looking for depth at DT
    9. WR Tyrie Cleveland - no change here given how late the pick is.
    10. DE Derrek Tuszka - same

Is it too soon for a re-draft, maybe but had a few minutes before my next work Zoom meeting.
    I prefer the draft we performed vs your draft but I see where you are coming from. I was also concerned that we didn't draft a tackle. Couple of immediate comments on your statements.

1. Devernay is not "almost just as quick" as Hamler. I have watched several of their games and a lot of highlights. I don't agree it is close. That being said, I think Devernay can be a good slot WR in the league.
    2. I do not think that Matt Peart will be a starting LT in this league, nor do I think he would have started on our team in that position. I think he will likely move to Guard. If we were going to re mock the draft I would go with another LT prospect.