Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Agreed. Nelson is easily going to perform at a high level for the next decade or so. Chubb has a bigger spotlight and more pressure to produce as an edge rusher. Before Chubb went down in the JAX game, he was playing at an elite level to the point where he was making a bigger impact than Von. He has virtually had the entire 2019 season and this whole offseason to heal up, so I'm optimistic he will be back to wreck opposing offenses in 2020.

Malik Reed exceeded expectations as a rookie UDFA and Jeremiah Attaochu impressed late in the season, but neither of them are near Chubb in terms of talent. Denver was 18th in sacks and 20th in pressures. When Chubb was healthy in 2018 (as a rookie), we were 8th in the league in sacks. It's time to unleash chaos.

Opposing QBs are going to be terrified against a four-man rush of Von, Casey, Harris, and Chubb. Fangio's defenses traditionally rely on that pressure upfront to generate stops and turnovers. I expect Bouye and Simmons to feast in the same way that Kyle Fuller and Eddie Jackson did for the Bears in 2018 under Fangio. I'm excited to see what our HC will do with a (hopefully) fully-healthy defensive squad and some nice upgrades.
    Totally Agree this Defense under year 2 of HC Vic Fangio will feast indeed at least I hope lol .

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Bradley Chubb needs to have a Great Year and Not Get Injured again this year and he needs to produce in order for us to forget about not drafting Q.Nelson.
    Dang....you reminded me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Chubb returning has been mostly overlooked in the discussions around here. Huge upgrade back in the lineup

Not to mention any contributions from Callahan and James. Basically first year free agents and starters added to the roster.

Kind of crazy when you think two top 10 Bronco contracts never saw the field. And Chubb is a high impact player removed too. High hopes for this season.
    Having Chubb back will feel like having a new elite player back on the team. Our D will be awesome next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post

Great Video ! Christian Covington Looks Like A Focused Great D-Line Player I am looking forward to seeing him play along the side of Casey with Von and Bradley Grubbing on QB's.

Gonna cut some really good players this year. Good luck, Bolles, Freeman, Hamilton et al.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Heath. It was peculiar that he was such a late waiver add last season and was brought back this year, so the coaching staff must see something in him. I had a hunch that he was going to become the next obscure name to start for our defense a la Brandon Marshall, Todd Davis, Shelby Harris, etc... but that DL depth chart is going to be tough to crack with a lot of the young talent there. I ultimately think Heath will be in the roster fight along with Covington and Walker.

Hereís my way-too-early prediction of the 2020 DL depth chart come Week 1.

DL1: Casey, Jones, Agim
    NT: Purcell
    DL2: Harris, Walker

How about:

DL1: Casey, Jones, Agim
    NT: Purcell, Covington
    DL2: Harris, Walker, Heath